The list of complaints against Dak is shrinking

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
if you look at numbers dak has been one of the best downfield passers now forawhile.Like 2 to 3 years. What dak has to work on is the crossing routes and pocket awareness otherwise hes pretty much on point
Yes...I agree. You are correct thanks for chiming in on it! \\

By "downfield" I didn;t mean a fade or bomb....

If we could search worth a dang...i'd show that I have posted "crossing routes"...downfield...as problematic. The timing was never synched....It's why I said "routes might be different?". I don't think we see as many of those crossing routes....like bease used to run?
I think it's awesome.....play to strengths and do away with a "weakness" (or rather something not so strong? ) . There's PLENTY of other plays in the book to succeed and we're doing it. Same with our running game. We're playing to strengths.

If I was wrong about anything...it's that Kellen could not put it all together. Especially effective efficient running game. He has done it. The players have bought in and executing. We're reasonably healthy (knocked on wood! ).

The only other thing I want to see is our foot on their throat! We need to get ruthless...because we are. The team has gained some confidence for sure...imo....directly from Dak, Zeke, Parsons and Diggs.

Even guys like Dalton are responding. Let's turn it up even more.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Fair enough. Personally, I think it has been improving incrementally over theast several years.
My only problem with that is the 7 turnovers in 4 games last year.....some critical. That is NOT "elite" and worse than the year before. Not an improvement AT ALL!

But...the whole dam 2020 season has been erased from my books.....daks good AND bad...erased. Why? peopel on one side don't want to consider the good, people on the other don't want to consider the bad. I choose to blow it all up and start over.

Dak....how many turnovers this year? THAT is not just "incremental" improvement. VAST!

I kind hate that we get bogged down on semantics. Name-calling,. Accusations. Assumptions. All for the sake of agendas, chest thumping and told-ya-so's.

Team looks great.....why are we fighting? Aren;t we all fans? Where are the high fives? Especially from the guys that look for fights and antagonization. Why? Give a peace offering and high five for godsakes.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Not counting this year as Dak has improve his accuracy is in the past he would throw it high or behind their back often. Sure it still within reach but it wasn't perfect ball placement. Lamp and Cooper can catch those throw, other receivers less physically gifted like Kupp or Allen would not be able to catch those balls that were thrown.

They can catch those balls because the defense is focusing on Lamb and Cooper.
Huh? Have you seen some of the catches Allen has made lol?

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
@RonnieT24 , like I said this offseason I would come back and admit whether I was wrong or right on Dak. I was beating the drum saying the Cowboys overpaid and should not have paid Dak 40 million a year.. I admit so far I am wrong. He is playing as well as you can expect, the decision making, the accuracy have been phenomenal. What more can I say? I think Dak has been elite!!! I really didnt expect to say that.. I hope I didnt jinx anything.. :)

He has. And like I told Ronnie.....we truly need to keep it going. If we falter...we aren't elite. You can't just have a good run. You know we have seen this before.

I agree..this team just looks different. there is a different culture. It feels different. But you STILL...have to go out there and DO IT. It seems the cowboys can control their own destiny. Will they? As fans of course we say yes. It's why we are fans.

So prove it cowboys. Show em. The test of time.....even if just one season. I'll be there no matter what just like I have always been. Show them you are elite and not just a couple good games.

DandyDon52

Reaction score
"He doesn't have enough TDs.." .. He's 2nd or 3rd in the league right now..
"He struggles in the red zone.." .. Cowboys are 11 for their last 13 trips in the red zone.
"He can't beat winning teams.." Chargers and Panthers both have winning records..
"He doesn't have enough TDs.." never heard that one
"He struggles in the red zone.." that was more on the OC than dak
"He can't beat winning teams.." more on the team than dak, although he is key component in the team.
in the red zone, they have been good last few games.
beat winning teams, they did do that, although it remains to be seen how those 2 teams fare later in season.

I saw dak do something real stupid this last game, it worked, but still was very dumb.
As he was falling backward, he shoveled the ball up in the air, and elliot came over and caught it, but had there been a alert defender, they could have caught
that easy and gone the other way with it.

Right now things look good for dak and cowboys, they have the weak nyg next, giants seem to have a good defense, and they always play cowboys a good
game, so not an easy win, but dallas should win this next one.
Then NE is also weak, dallas should beat them too, then after that they get some tougher opponents.
lets see how it goes after the bye , and if they win the next 2 like they should.

DallasInDC

Reaction score
My only problem with that is the 7 turnovers in 4 games last year.....some critical. That is NOT "elite" and worse than the year before. Not an improvement AT ALL!

But...the whole dam 2020 season has been erased from my books.....daks good AND bad...erased. Why? peopel on one side don't want to consider the good, people on the other don't want to consider the bad. I choose to blow it all up and start over.

Dak....how many turnovers this year? THAT is not just "incremental" improvement. VAST!

I kind hate that we get bogged down on semantics. Name-calling,. Accusations. Assumptions. All for the sake of agendas, chest thumping and told-ya-so's.

Team looks great.....why are we fighting? Aren;t we all fans? Where are the high fives? Especially from the guys that look for fights and antagonization. Why? Give a peace offering and high five for godsakes.

Last year Tom Brady had 7 interceptions and 1 fumble in 4 games. mahomes had 5 turnovers in a 3 game span. Russell Wilson had 7 INTs and 3 lost fumbles I'm 4 game span... That was just the first three QBs I looked up. Every QB, even elite ones, will have series of games like that... It doesn't mean they haven't improved.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Last year Tom Brady had 7 interceptions and 1 fumble in 4 games. mahomes had 5 turnovers in a 3 game span. Russell Wilson had 7 INTs and 3 lost fumbles I'm 4 game span... That was just the first three QBs I looked up. Every QB, even elite ones, will have series of games like that... It doesn't mean they haven't improved.
I know...I get it.

But you are talking about a WHOLE YEAR! Not 4 games. You cherry picked a specific span to prove your point. Was their a strect brady DIDn'T thorw 7 ints?

Dak only had 4 games....he did not improve in any way. He had great yards...just like before. Great accuracy. Just like before. Great complete percentage just like before.

So tell me...how did he improve in 2020?

The turnovers...are NOT an improvement in any way. Just like zeke's were not any sort of improvement at all. A very bad stretch for the two.

Why can't we admit that? What's so wrong with being a little bit honest? We can't handle it when it comes to dak? Not even his fault and we still can;t say it. What the....

DallasInDC

Reaction score
I didnt cherry pick I selected a span of games that corresponded with the same amount of games as Dak had last year. Chances are he wouldnt have maintained that pace of TOs over the course of the season had he not gotten injured... Just like he wouldn't have continued to average nearly 400 yds a game. That doesn't mean he did not improve in other areas. His ability to read the defense and calling correct audibles was an inprovement. I think his accuracy and confidence to make the tight throws improved. His command of the offense overall improved. His release was quicker.

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
Dak is a bad mutha(shut your mouth)! Just a matter of time....long travels ahead.

Crazed Liotta Eyes

Reaction score
I am..

From the Panthers's roster..

15 C.J. Henderson 23 CB 1 0 204 6-1 Florida 9/30/1998 1 Jacksonville Jaguars / 1st / 9th pick / 2020

My bad.. it must have been the Panthers OTHER #15 with the name Henderson on his back that was covering on that play....

You appear to be utterly incapable of rational thought..

I stay out of these Dak fights but this was hilarious. Strangely no reply to this one.

RonnieT24

Reaction score
This is a comparison of Daks last 16 games against all other QBs last year stats (no way I was going to accumulate stats across two seasons for all QBs to get their last 16 games)

Oh okay I gotcha.. I missed that part of the reference.. Thanks..

RonnieT24

Reaction score
This is a top 5 QB. Dak is a fringe top 10 QB at least for now. Of course this is my opinion and I respect your but we are in a debate right now. We are not rival because in the end we both want to see a superbowl victory!

So all those playoff wins and Super Bowls that Herbert has won are proof that he's better than Dak. Oh yeah he also beat Dak head to head.. Herbert is completing a higher percentage.. has a higher passer rating, has more TDs and fewer interceptions in your Bizarro universe. You are certainly welcome to construct whatever alternate reality that makes you happy... however here on this plane of existence Dak has the advantage in all those categories.. He is literally better than Herbert in any category you can examine.. But in your mind Herbert is better. I fully understand.

Aulac

Reaction score
Huh? Have you seen some of the catches Allen has made lol?

Yes but he not anywhere as athletic as Cooper and Lamb. Not to mention Allen is slow as hell (4.7) and is the slowest of all the elite receiver. Lamb can outrun a defense, Allen can't and that quite a few extra touchdowns for Dak that Rivers/Herbert does not get.

Aulac

Reaction score
So all those playoff wins and Super Bowls that Herbert has won are proof that he's better than Dak. Oh yeah he also beat Dak head to head.. Herbert is completing a higher percentage.. has a higher passer rating, has more TDs and fewer interceptions in your Bizarro universe. You are certainly welcome to construct whatever alternate reality that makes you happy... however here on this plane of existence Dak has the advantage in all those categories.. He is literally better than Herbert in any category you can examine.. But in your mind Herbert is better. I fully understand.

Literally every sport media is comparing Herbert to Mahomes. I have yet to see Dak be compare to Mahomes. Even Nick Wright who an avid Chief fans even admit that Herbert is a threat in the AFC West.

Also watch this in regard to Dak and the MVP conversation.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Yes but he not anywhere as athletic as Cooper and Lamb. Not to mention Allen is slow as hell (4.7) and is the slowest of all the elite receiver. Lamb can outrun a defense, Allen can't and that quite a few extra touchdowns for Dak that Rivers/Herbert does not get.
Allen also happens to be one of the best catches and route runners in the league lol.