The Loss to the Jags and GB hurts so much worse now

GORICO

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Well, glad you’re confirming what I just said.

just the much needed rest....we aint going to get #1 seed ....just take our week off play the bucs and kick butt for first time in Brady career....he has never lost to cowboys over 20 years......that is coming to an end

RonnieT24

Reaction score
All losses hurt me.. The only ones that hurt more than regular season losses are playoff losses. That's the only real distinction I ever make.

Momanpr100

Reaction score
No he won't because they are smart enough to gameplan against that and will just roll to the other side, double team him, or isolate him and make him choose. It won't take them three quarters to adjust to something like it does Dallas.
We make adjustments all game, last time you must've watch a game was when Garrett was still coach.

RonnieT24

Reaction score
We make adjustments all game, last time you must've watch a game was when Garrett was still coach.

Well Dak had the most comeback wins in the league his first four years ... but has not had near as many these last three years. So somebody was making adjustments under Garrett and we seem to not be doing as good a job under the new regime. Though I will say this, we have been better this year than in years past. And I still say we do a pretty poor job of exploiting matchups consistently. I am constantly frustrated at our "feeling out" plays we start every game with. We know who sucks on the other team.. Go after him and use that matchup to get your offense rollin.. then come back to other stuff once the defense is forced to adjust to stop you from roasting their sub par player.

J12B

Reaction score
They would have beaten the saints if we would have won one of those

Nah, Saints flat out beat Philly. Saints led the entire way and totally shut down the Eagles offense.

Dallas actually gave both games away.

quickccc

Reaction score
yeh i'm not bemoaning these losses anymore.
if we were the SB bound team we think we are ....want to be ..need to be .. we should be able to overcome those losses with a clean slate going into the playoffs.

Have we improved and better ourselves since those losses ?

as i mentioned in a previous post, Green Bay were so ' dominant' in the NFC last year in 2021, great W-L record, home field advantage, but were abruptly upset by Grapp and the Niners
and sent home to stay.

- Can we stop the run ?
- Solve the defensive slump this 2nd half season ?
- Have we ceased turning the ball over on offense and compiling yellow flags- penalties ?
- Are we an improved team vs misdirection plays and running QBs ?
- Can we recapture our vaunted pass rush that worried opposing teams ?
- Can we solve the slow starts, suspect OC decisions,
- can we pull out critical clutch playoff wins vs likes of career Cowboys killers in Brady, Rodgers ?

quickccc

Reaction score
Well Dak had the most comeback wins in the league his first four years ... but has not had near as many these last three years. So somebody was making adjustments under Garrett and we seem to not be doing as good a job under the new regime. Though I will say this, we have been better this year than in years past. And I still say we do a pretty poor job of exploiting matchups consistently. I am constantly frustrated at our "feeling out" plays we start every game with. We know who sucks on the other team.. Go after him and use that matchup to get your offense rollin.. then come back to other stuff once the defense is forced to adjust to stop you from roasting their sub par player.

What about comeback " playoff " wins ?

Cuz i can only count two times where Dak had even been in the playoffs- those two times ended with losses vs Rodgers.. and then Goff.
Cuz that's where he'll eventually be measured as a player ... as a winner.

Like it or not, he'll be in that Danny White and Tony Romo playoff status, .. until he has proven otherwise . :oops:

DallasDW00ds0n

Reaction score
This is what WE DO. We love putting ourselves in uniquely bad positions, decades of perfecting it.

exciter

Reaction score
OMG....I was just thinking that same thing 5 minutes ago....had we churned Noah Brown off the roster 3-4 years ago, we wouldn't be stewing over this.
That one guy who thinks Brown would be a pro bowl player and 2nd coming of Dez, if only given the chance, ain’t gonna like you very much!

RonnieT24

Reaction score

Cuz i can only count two times where Dak had even been in the playoffs- those two times ended with losses vs Rodgers.. and then Goff.

Like it or not, he'll be in that Danny White and Tony Romo playoff status, .. until he has proven otherwise . :oops:

This is a given. We know Dak will have to win in the playoffs or his legacy will be that of a failure regardless of how he himself plays in those games. Just because millions of lemmings repeat a narrative doesn't make it true or right. If I'm not mistaken in the three playoff games that the Cowboys have lost with Dak starting he has had the higher passer rating all three times. Ironically the only game he didn't have the better passer rating was the game we won against Seattle. Can you say.. "team game?"

quickccc

Reaction score
This is a given. We know Dak will have to win in the playoffs or his legacy will be that of a failure regardless of how he himself plays in those games. Just because millions of lemmings repeat a narrative doesn't make it true or right. If I'm not mistaken in the three playoff games that the Cowboys have lost with Dak starting he has had the higher passer rating all three times. Ironically the only game he didn't have the better passer rating was the game we won against Seattle. Can you say.. "team game?"

yeh, it's a team game.
But that can ..and will be applied to the likes of Danny White, Tony Romo... and Dakota Prescott as well.

Unless Dak is a prolific, record breaking passing ace, he's gonna wind up in that Romo/White class.
And as much as i like Dak as a leader- he's not in that HOF league as a pure record breaking passing talent.

If he's less than HOF record breaker, and he does not earn SB wins ala Troy Aikman, he's gonna be more linked to past solid Cowboys career
but not a championship SB winner. .team sports or not.

Same way the Whites and Romos are stuck with that legacy.. Dak will likely go down as the same, ..if he doesn't. ..

There have been hall of fame QBs that are stuck with not winning the big one during their stellar record breaking careers (Fouts, Marino, Kelly) and even
those like Warren Moon .. and league MVP's like Randall Cunningham that have never even sniffed a SB invite.

Creeper

Reaction score
I am sure the Eagles fans are saying the same thing about their losses to Washington and New Orleans. Every team is going to lose a game r two they should have won. You have to expect that when the season begins. It i hard to give 120% and focus on every game. That's why so few teams go undefeated through the season.

blueblood70

Reaction score

3 times in 16 Dak brought us back to tie or take the lead in that game.

the defense flat choked with what 1:13 left on the clock., cant be asked to comeback when your defense can't hold the entire game. GB this year same thing, how about Get dak complimentary run game, an OL that doesn't commit 11 Penalty's, a defense that doesn't allow 4 straight scores to open a game and cant stop the run the first half eating up clock and then only losing by 6 when the defense also committed 3 costly penalty's that didn't allow enough time to " comeback"

last i checked, DAK didn't give up 250yards rushing and what 17 points in the 2nd qtr, couldn't establish a run game and gamelans that at times were bad..

now back to reality.. teams win and lose game but cant be truer than in a playoff run.

GINeric

Reaction score
yeh, it's a team game.
But that can ..and will be applied to the likes of Danny White, Tony Romo... and Dakota Prescott as well.

Unless Dak is a prolific, record breaking passing ace, he's gonna wind up in that Romo/White class.
And as much as i like Dak as a leader- he's not in that HOF league as a pure record breaking passing talent.

If he's less than HOF record breaker, and he does not earn SB wins ala Troy Aikman, he's gonna be more linked to past solid Cowboys career
but not a championship SB winner. .team sports or not.

Same way the Whites and Romos are stuck with that legacy.. Dak will likely go down as the same, ..if he doesn't. ..

There have been hall of fame QBs that are stuck with not winning the big one during their stellar record breaking careers (Fouts, Marino, Kelly) and even
those like Warren Moon .. and league MVP's like Randall Cunningham that have never even sniffed a SB invite.

What category does Trent Dilpher, Nick Foles, Mark Rypien, Joe Theismann and many other quarterbacks like them who've won Superbowls??? Those situations prove that it DEFINITELY is a team game.

All of those quarterbacks have the same amount of Superbowl rings as Aaron Rodgers.... the quarterback many consider one of the top 2 greatest quarterbacks in history. Hmmmm....

Cowboys1966

Reaction score
We could be reveling in a 1 seed practical guarantee if we had just not played like boneheads in just one of those games, coaches and players alike.

I remember specifically when Dak ran out of bounds against the Jags just before the 2m warning, letting them keep an extra timeout….silly things like that. Just frustrating on the back end. I almost wish Philly had beaten the Saints now
Yeah that sucks

quickccc

Reaction score
3 times in 16 Dak brought us back to tie or take the lead in that game.

the defense flat choked with what 1:13 left on the clock., cant be asked to comeback when your defense can't hold the entire game. GB this year same thing, how about Get dak complimentary run game, an OL that doesn't commit 11 Penalty's, a defense that doesn't allow 4 straight scores to open a game and cant stop the run the first half eating up clock and then only losing by 6 when the defense also committed 3 costly penalty's that didn't allow enough time to " comeback"

last i checked, DAK didn't give up 250yards rushing and what 17 points in the 2nd qtr, couldn't establish a run game and gamelans that at times were bad..

now back to reality.. teams win and lose game but cant be truer than in a playoff run.

Nor was it Romo's fault for a one legged Rodgers still passing haywire on us in 2014 vs GB playoffs.
was it Danny White's fault for the Hogs constantly running down our throats... or for Dexter Manley concussing him outta the game ?

It's not Marino's fault for surrendering yards and 38 points to Montana's Niners.
Nor Fouts' sorry defense that never gave him a chance to reach the SB game ...
was it Warren Moon's vaunted Run and Shoot offense that led to a 30+ point comeback vs Bills in playoffs ?

Jim Kelly's star studded Bills defense allowed Emmitt & Co. to run wild in the 2nd half en route to a SB,.
But like it or not, fair or not, that legacy of never winning the big win stays with those famed players.
We even hear from the players themselves regret that how they never won that ring, despite their HOF careers.

quickccc

Reaction score
What category does Trent Dilpher, Nick Foles, Mark Rypien, Joe Theismann and many other quarterbacks like them who've won Superbowls??? Those situations prove that it DEFINITELY is a team game.

All of those quarterbacks have the same amount of Superbowl rings as Aaron Rodgers.... the quarterback many consider one of the top 2 greatest quarterbacks in history. Hmmmm....

Sure it is .. it's not boxing ... , even Barry Switzer is in the record book with winning his super bowl too.

THEHEREAFTER

Reaction score
Understandable thought but life doesn’t work this way. The loss to GB is what ignited that 40-3 beat down of Minn the following week. A plethora of events may have unfolded differently. This is where we are.