The Loss to the Jags and GB hurts so much worse now

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
We could be reveling in a 1 seed practical guarantee if we had just not played like boneheads in just one of those games, coaches and players alike.

I remember specifically when Dak ran out of bounds against the Jags just before the 2m warning, letting them keep an extra timeout….silly things like that. Just frustrating on the back end. I almost wish Philly had beaten the Saints now
Nope. It hurt just as much then as it does now. You just knew those games were shoulda won games....those always hurt later too.

I mean....you did know...right?

Or did you mock and ridicule people for knowing it was gonna hurt?

suck it up, everyone loses....they said.

Not you you...just readers in general.

Blackspider214

Reaction score
Nothing about now, those losses were terrible when they happened. No matter what happened later. No reason to lose either, much less both. Win both of those and we could have had the 1 seed already wrapped. Win even one, and we have the 1 seed with only needing a win against Wash to clinch and not needing any help.

We are done with the 1 seed. BOTH SF and Philly aren't losing. I don't see either losing. Giants have zero to play for. They can talk the talk about how much this game means but you'll see on Sunday, they will be just trying to get it over with. Both SF and Philly have everything to play for. Arizona is a mess and have no talent and just ready for their season to end.

quickccc

Reaction score
Thinking about three losses, ..it's bad to have a pass bounce off our players chest and pop into a Jax DB for a TD runback to win the OT game
But it was the same game which we manage to have a big lead on Jax on the road. But blew it in letting Jax get back into the game and eventually tie it into OT..

Ditto with the Packers game - which we were up 28 - 14... but decided we needed to go pass happy instead of run the ball, burn clock away from Rodgers.

Another coincidence ..?
In all four of our losses, (Jax, Packers, Philly and Bucs) ...all 4 of those teams managed to simply run the ball all over our butts ... even the worst run offense in the NFL with the Bucs ! :mad:

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
If Jalen hadn’t got hurt the Eagles would be coasting into the #1 seed. Crap happens……
Probably, but you could also say if Dak hadn't got hurt we might have beat the Eagles the first time. We could create what ifs all day, but it doesn't change where things are.

Hadenough

Reaction score
We could be reveling in a 1 seed practical guarantee if we had just not played like boneheads in just one of those games, coaches and players alike.

I remember specifically when Dak ran out of bounds against the Jags just before the 2m warning, letting them keep an extra timeout….silly things like that. Just frustrating on the back end. I almost wish Philly had beaten the Saints now
If they learn from the mistakes it wasn't all lost. It's not what you did in the past it's what you do with your opportunity in the playoffs. Seeding wont matter, it will come down to who is the better team.

LittleLexodus

Reaction score
spilled milk. We're most likely going to have a tough wildcard match-up and need our team to show up this year for it.

aikemirv

Reaction score

Its the Green Bay loss that kills me because we gave them momentum to make the playoffs and got Justin Watson off his snide! They were on a 5 game skid before they played us!

LovinItAll

Reaction score

It’s always like that. Some close game that doesn’t go a team’s way often impacts playoff seeding or a division win. Looking backward doesn’t accomplish anything. If it did, I’d be a brain surgeon right now.

CowboysExchange

Reaction score
How many people would have been tickled with our record we have before the season started?
I would have been thrilled myself
Ty Tony Pollard. We knew you could do it 2 1/2 years ago ha ha ha

We did draw the AFC South and NFC North this year and that has helped a lot

Chuck 54

Reaction score
No team in the NFL stays in top form or performs at their best in 17 straight games. Every team has lost games they feel they should have won. We won games that were supposed to be huge challenges, and we lost to a couple teams with losing records. It happens. This team has also battled through losing their LT most of the season, losing their RT for the last chunk of the season. Lost their MLB for several games to end the season. Lost 2 starting CBs to season ending injuries. Meanwhile they developed a #1 wr who had to grow a lot during the season, playing alongside a #2 who hasn’t been himself and a bunch of JAGs. A lot of that was going on while also playing without our starting QB for 5 games.

Considering what’s happened to this team in the past when playing without Dak or without Tyron or without starting CBs, or with only 1 true wr, I think where we are right now is pretty impressive if not amazing, especially when one considers that the Cowboys have a history of not providing legitimate backups.

Powerforward88

Reaction score

Lesson to be learned, I suppose. They didn't clamp down, and as a result the road is more difficult. Would've been nice to have Rodgers making his off season plans now instead of preparing for the Lions

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
If they learn from the mistakes it wasn't all lost. It's not what you did in the past it's what you do with your opportunity in the playoffs. Seeding wont matter, it will come down to who is the better team.
I really don't get this "well if they learn from their mistakes".....

We are...still.....learning?

We're doomed then.

CowboysLakerBamaFan

Reaction score

Yeah, but we also got a couple W's that EASILY (maybe even should have been) Losses.

Texans run a QB sneak, and we lose to them.

Hadenough

Reaction score
Not always the better team.

Who can play better on that day.
Mehhh for the most part it's the better team. Occasionally there will be an upset but normally the better team is prepared and executes the game plan.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
If Jalen hadn’t got hurt the Eagles would be coasting into the #1 seed. Crap happens……

Probably, but we would’ve been breathing down their neck had we not blown those games to Green Bay and Jacksonville. Those game showed we’re not a championship caliber team and that we’re unlikely to win a road playoff game.

Qcard

Reaction score

What was your 2022 Season Prediction?

Reconcile that with your newfound Faith lmao!!

blueblood70

Reaction score
Nor was it Romo's fault for a one legged Rodgers still passing haywire on us in 2014 vs GB playoffs.
was it Danny White's fault for the Hogs constantly running down our throats... or for Dexter Manley concussing him outta the game ?

It's not Marino's fault for surrendering yards and 38 points to Montana's Niners.
Nor Fouts' sorry defense that never gave him a chance to reach the SB game ...
was it Warren Moon's vaunted Run and Shoot offense that led to a 30+ point comeback vs Bills in playoffs ?

Jim Kelly's star studded Bills defense allowed Emmitt & Co. to run wild in the 2nd half en route to a SB,.
But like it or not, fair or not, that legacy of never winning the big win stays with those famed players.
We even hear from the players themselves regret that how they never won that ring, despite their HOF careers.
Yes inform the team, fans, and media that there are more moving part on team then the QB and if it chaos around a QB, they have little chance of functioning properly. Playoff Records are not on the qb "well check his playoff record" that just one of the most clueless statements ever. "Dak or Romo have not won enough ion the playoffs" , nope the TEAM has not..