The luckiest person of the last 100 years

Melonfeud

I Copy!,,, er,,,I guess,,,ah,,,maybe.
Reaction score
"Him or Me" is still one of my top 10 favorites of the 60's.
Ha! I had two old sisters that always kept me up to speed with the hit tunage,,,, personally, I always loved the twang of that flat steel guitar,,, like since I was 6-7 y.o. so you can figure ted Nugent and the amboy dukes got my lock-on ears attention real quick

Melonfeud

Reaction score
Blackbird is their best "lullaby" song. But not the studio version; their Anthology cut. Golden Slumbers is also amazing.
I think I can still recite that 'blackbird' tune word for word TROUTSTER, and I don't recall listening to it in 20+ years,,,:lmao:( great tune)

Audie Murphy, Alvin York, Marcus Lattrell ,,,,real guys! that accomplished phenomenal feats while engaged in instant death encounters could truly be considered " lucky " .
Those less fortunate,by fate,luck or pre- ordained decree, whom those above mentioned men looked up to during their trials of life and death have no say in the matter ANYMORE.
:starspin::starspin::starspin:

Silver Surfer

Reaction score
You know?
I've deadheaded truck through Mexican hat/monument valley UT.

The first time I went there my plane landed in Albuquerque, and I drove all night to get there just before sunrise. Since it was dark, I didn't have the chance to get used to the change in topography before I arrived. When it got light enough, the first things I saw were the silhouettes of the Mittens rising up off the desert floor against a blue-black sky full of stars with a thin orange line on the horizon. Those hulking stone monoliths made me feel like I was in a Sci-fi movie or on some other planet. Blew me away.

Melonfeud

Reaction score
The first time I went there my plane landed in Albuquerque, and I drove all night to get there just before sunrise. Since it was dark, I didn't have the chance to get used to the change in topography before I arrived. When it got light enough, the first things I saw were the silhouettes of the Mittens rising up off the desert floor against a blue-black sky full of stars with a thin orange line on the horizon. Those hulking stone monoliths made me feel like I was in a Sci-fi movie or on some other planet. Blew me away.

When you were heading back down to Albuquerque did you notice that lone huge butte on the right hand side of the road as you traversed the perimeter of the white sands missile test range?
They tell me it's all hollow inside/ cave entrance, I've seen cars parked and people walking around up there but never stopped.
I've always headed north out of phoenix ,hit tuba city and through the Indian reservation to pull mobile homes to the Mexican Hat A.O.

Last edited:

Silver Surfer

Reaction score
When you were heading back down to Albuquerque did you notice that lone huge butte on the right hand side of the road as you traversed the perimeter of the white sands missile test range?
They tell me it's all hollow inside/ cave entrance, I've seen cars parked and people walking around up there but never stopped.
I've always headed north out of phoenix ,hit tuba city and through the Indian reservation to pull mobile homes to the Mexican Hat A.O.

I've been to White Sands once, for just a few hours. I'm not familiar with that butte. White Sands is 330 miles south of ABQ, near El Paso, and over 500 miles to the south of Monument Valley.

Melonfeud

Reaction score
I've been to White Sands once, for just a few hours. I'm not familiar with that butte. White Sands is 330 miles south of ABQ, near El Paso, and over 500 miles to the south of Monument Valley.
Copy! Guess that was on a different route when I was taking floors to northern Colorado ,el paso to i25 ,,,sorry maybe I'm thinking of a couple runs to Farmington N.M. I did,,,hell I forget.