The luckiest person of the last 100 years

Melonfeud

I Copy!,,, er,,,I guess,,,ah,,,maybe.
Reaction score
We can argue they were talented and definitely impacted music for sure.

But goodness their music is boring and some of it even psycho.
Very valid points your making 65 fastback, and I'll agree, there are some of their tunes that I'm like ' no, can't handle this'
And " helter- skelter" written in blood/Charles Manson didn't do them any favors,,, but I like that above mentioned song.

Melonfeud

Reaction score
No, have not yet.

Wife is the big Beatles fan.

Truthfully I'm more of a fan of the Dave Clark 5, Jerry & the Pacemakers, Freddie & the Dreamers and Peter & Gordon...

But I have to acknowledge the accomplishment of the Beatles.

As you know I'm a Yankees fan... But that doesn't mean I can't appreciate the greatness of Ted Williams.
I've always thought the 'Dave Clark 5' were phenomenally awesome.
Hey man!
I did a chip-n-seal driveway job up north for the widow of 'Paul' of "Paul Revere and the Raiders" fame last year, he'd just recently passed away prior, and everybody in that Mt. Community spoke very highly of him and he was very well liked/considered a good guy(his wife was still pretty hot,also)

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I've always thought the 'Dave Clark 5' were phenomenally awesome.
Hey man!
I did a chip-n-seal driveway job up north for the widow of 'Paul' of "Paul Revere and the Raiders" fame last year, he'd just recently passed away prior, and everybody in that Mt. Community spoke very highly of him and he was very well liked/considered a good guy(his wife was still pretty hot,also)

DC5 played more times on Ed Sullivan than any other group.

I kind of chuckle at the type of music PR&TR did in the late 60's and then they did the song "Cherokee Nation". Similar transformation with groups Manfred Mann and The Hollies.

65fastback2plus2

Reaction score
Very valid points your making 65 fastback, and I'll agree, there are some of their tunes that I'm like ' no, can't handle this'
And " helter- skelter" written in blood/Charles Manson didn't do them any favors,,, but I like that above mentioned song.

I can handle hey jude like once a year.

I could listen to all shook up 20 times a day.

:yourock:

CanadianCowboysFan

Lightning Rod
Reaction score
Bad movies do not make money most of the time; there were very few films John Wayne made that did not make a profit.
Your OPINION they were bad movies - well who cares?

Obviously I do.

If you want to think his faux tough guy and slow speech pattern made him great actor, go for it. I do not agree.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
The luckiest man in 100 years, 1000 years or whatever time span you may want to discuss is the man who is happy in his life. Same for any woman. At the end of the day, toys don't really matter. In the end, at least to me, family, friends, life and contentment in all of those kinds of things are what I call luck, but here's the thing, it is sometimes very hard to tell about luck. In the beginning, it might seem like bad luck but it may prove to be very good luck. Of course, the opposite can also be true. The trick is to remember what really makes you happy. If you can find a way to have that, then you are the luckiest man in the world. In my opinion anyway, so yeah, that person might an everyday Joe who enjoys a happy life.

I know that's probably not the answer you were looking for Michael so I will say this, this guy.... this guy was lucky.

Last edited:

cml750

Reaction score
On that line, I think Elvis Presley is up higher on a list.

31 movies.
36 #1 hits
22 #1 albums
150 albums or singles certified gold, platinum or multi-platinum
More than 1 BILLION records sold
Hawaii concert in 1973 viewed by more than 1 billion viewers...more than people who watched the man on the moon.
14 grammy nominations
3 grammy wins
Sergeant in the Military
Some people might call that talent rather than luck.

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Some people might call that talent rather than luck.

But as described in my OP, this thread isn't about the "luckiest" person in the pure luck sense. It's about having a life that combines talent, luck, opportunity and the ability to merge all things into a complete life.

That's whey I picked Paul McCartney. I think he's the best at combining all those things.

I could not put Elvis at the top because he while he had oodles of talent, some luck and some opportunity after the age of 32 everything pretty much went to pot. And there went his full life.

Folks like Lucille Ball, Bill Gates, John Wayne were able to combine all those things and have a full life... That's why I would rate them all above Elvis.

cml750

Reaction score
But as described in my OP, this thread isn't about the "luckiest" person in the pure luck sense. It's about having a life that combines talent, luck, opportunity and the ability to merge all things into a complete life.

That's whey I picked Paul McCartney. I think he's the best at combining all those things.

I could not put Elvis at the top because he while he had oodles of talent, some luck and some opportunity after the age of 32 everything pretty much went to pot. And there went his full life.

Folks like Lucille Ball, Bill Gates, John Wayne were able to combine all those things and have a full life... That's why I would rate them all above Elvis.

Makes sense to a degree. I do happen to think that luck can be GREATLY influenced by talent and hard work. Actually true outright luck would be if you win the lottery. Somebody posted the names of big lottery winners which may be true luck. Other than that type of true luck we make our own luck. If we are blessed with a good spouse and children, as I am, then we are blessed with the greatest luck of all.

I personally thank a higher power for that but will stop there to avoid breaking rules of the forum.

Melonfeud

Reaction score
The luckiest man in 100 years, 1000 years or whatever time span you may want to discuss is the man who is happy in his life. Same for any woman. At the end of the day, toys don't really matter. In the end, at least to me, family, friends, life and contentment in all of those kinds of things are what I call luck, but here's the thing, it is sometimes very hard to tell about luck. In the beginning, it might seem like bad luck but it may prove to be very good luck. Of course, the opposite can also be true. The trick is to remember what really makes you happy. If you can find a way to have that, then you are the luckiest man in the world. In my opinion anyway, so yeah, that person might an everyday Joe who enjoys a happy life.

I know that's probably not the answer you were looking for Michael so I will say this, this guy.... this guy was lucky.

Man,there is a " bill & Ted's excellent adventure " joke/ rib/ gouge in there somewhere with that Kansas/ dust in the wind 'quip' they kept throwing around in that stupid flick, but I just don't feel like expending my brilliance of word smithing right just now,,,,:lmao: