The Mandalorian

viman96

Thread Killer
Reaction score
Watched the first episode last night and thought Disney did a great job. They brought back the old feel of the original movies. High quality production and did not look like a typical TV show. I do not want to give away any spoilers but would highly recommend watching it :)

Scheduled dates

Episode 1: Tuesday, Nov 12
Episode 2: Friday, Nov. 15
Episode 3: Friday, Nov. 22
Episode 4: Friday, Nov. 29
Episode 5: Friday, Dec. 6
Episode 6: Friday, Dec. 13
Episode 7: Wednesday, Dec. 18
Episode 8: Friday, Dec. 27

Last edited:

MaaS

Reaction score
Watched the first episode last night and thought Disney did a great job. They brought back the old feel of the original movies. High quality production and did not look like a typical TV show. I do not want to give away any spoilers but would highly recommend watching it :)

Scheduled dates

Episode 1: Tuesday, Nov 12
Episode 2: Friday, Nov. 15
Episode 3: Friday, Nov. 22
Episode 4: Friday, Nov. 29
Episode 5: Friday, Dec. 6
Episode 6: Friday, Dec. 13
Episode 7: Wednesday, Dec. 18
Episode 8: Friday, Dec. 27

Agreed - I thought it was fantastic. The cliff hanger at the end has my head spinning haha.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Very much enjoying it overall, but I liked Episode 1 much more than #2. Not enough happened in the second one for me. And while I enjoy nostalgia, if they try to revisit everything we've seen before, it will get old quick.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
These are really short episodes. Just getting into it and it's over. This is why I prefer the entire season be released at one time and allow me to choose how I want to watch it.

So far, neither Apple nor Disney is challenging Netflix or Amazon for me.

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
Very much enjoying it overall, but I liked Episode 1 much more than #2. Not enough happened in the second one for me. And while I enjoy nostalgia, if they try to revisit everything we've seen before, it will get old quick.
Absolutely. Episode one was FANTASTIC. Episode two was not so much. That said, all series have episodes that aren't all that great. I'm hoping that episode two is one that falls into that category and that most will be much better.

Now, don't get me wrong. Episode two wasn't bad. It just wasn't great either.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Absolutely. Episode one was FANTASTIC. Episode two was not so much. That said, all series have episodes that aren't all that great. I'm hoping that episode two is one that falls into that category and that most will be much better.

Now, don't get me wrong. Episode two wasn't bad. It just wasn't great either.

Yeah, it was a weird one for me. It felt like it was moving along way too slowly, with not much of anything happening, and yet, boom! it was over! It was strange.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
These are really short episodes. Just getting into it and it's over. This is why I prefer the entire season be released at one time and allow me to choose how I want to watch it.

So far, neither Apple nor Disney is challenging Netflix or Amazon for me.

Are you ordering Apple's service? In all honesty, nothing I've seen or read about their lineup has interested me and I was wondering if there is a different opinion out there?

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I have only caught the first episode so far and thought the old fella with the riding beasts almost stole it. "I have spoken!" :muttley:

Mandalorian Tip: Do not wander around the ship and end up getting frozen in Carbonite. :p

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Are you ordering Apple's service? In all honesty, nothing I've seen or read about their lineup has interested me and I was wondering if there is a different opinion out there?
Not yet, I just got Roku to be able to stream both but added Disney+ strictly for The Mandalorian. Even though Favreau is really hit or miss with me.

Apple thinks name talent can bring the viewers but there's very little positive coming out and the most positive is Dickinson, the one I have least interest in. They're going to have to bring more to the party because they're the last to arrive. I am so pissed at this latest 13.2 update that I do not want to give money to that company right now. Some of that company died with Jobs and Cook's a joke.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Not yet, I just got Roku to be able to stream both but added Disney+ strictly for The Mandalorian. Even though Favreau is really hit or miss with me.

Apple thinks name talent can bring the viewers but there's very little positive coming out and the most positive is Dickinson, the one I have least interest in. They're going to have to bring more to the party because they're the last to arrive. I am so pissed at this latest 13.2 update that I do not want to give money to that company right now. Some of that company died with Jobs and Cook's a joke.

I agree with you on the Apple programming. It feels to me like the entertainment industry is gleefully taking Apple's money and delivering very little in terms of compelling material. There are some names who will be getting very rich no matter how things play out. I think the company is going to take a bath on Apple TV for quite a while.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I agree with you on the Apple programming. It feels to me like the entertainment industry is gleefully taking Apple's money and delivering very little in terms of compelling material. There are some names who will be getting very rich no matter how things play out. I think the company is going to take a bath on Apple TV for quite a while.
I read where they needed to be able to handle the losses for 2 years but with those pockets, they can handle it. This is not going to be a sprint, it's a marathon or the losers will be bought out and absorbed into the winners. No one approaches Netflix or Amazon for me yet and I added Hulu and am going to give that a shot.

Disney+ hit 10M subscribers in 4 days with what amounts to a catalogue and one Star Wars spin but because of the nature of their programming, that's really not surprising.

The one I am waiting for is HBO's new streaming service. They know how to do a premium channel and were the originator of this model. They're not bent to hiring name talent and then giving them a mediocre script.

The smart thing Apple is doing is tying new product sales to a free year of Apple TV+. And chose to remove Ratings and Reviews from Apple.com at the same time.

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
Don't get the weekly episodes.
Prefer the binge watching option.
This way you keep paying rather than paying for one month then quitting.

If they would go back to the 26 episodes a year like they used to do. They always want more money for less product.

This is why the old Star Trek series were so great. Every season had 26 episodes and thats how you end up with 800+ episodes of Star Trek!

John813

Reaction score
This way you keep paying rather than paying for one month then quitting.

If they would go back to the 26 episodes a year like they used to do. They always want more money for less product.

This is why the old Star Trek series were so great. Every season had 26 episodes and thats how you end up with 800+ episodes of Star Trek!

Good point.

Just feel Disney is such a huge movie maker/rights owner people could very well just subscribe and never have the urge to cancel.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Good point.

Just feel Disney is such a huge movie maker/rights owner people could very well just subscribe and never have the urge to cancel.
Those families with the Disney age kids wouldn't cancel unless the price didn't justify it. Those parents just got built in attention magnets for those kids during the holidays. There's a good reason why they waited until this time of year to launch it.

I read where the research reveals that households will pay for 4 streaming services, not counting Amazon if they're Prime customers, but the ceiling is $42 monthly. I've got a feeling HBO Max is going to force some to choose because some GoT spins are going there. And they're most likely to be the most expensive.

And the way Apple approaches anything is hard to figure because there's always some ulterior motive. Like giving a year of Apple TV+ with a product buy. I wonder how many phone users that affected or present Apple users that motivated to go ahead and upgrade? You give an Apple gift and they get a bonus or keep that for yourself. Depends on your level of Grinchiness.

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
I have CBS All Access, Netflix, Amazon Prime, and SlingTV.

The only reason I have sling is because my wife is Brazilian and she likes to watch Globo which is a major TV station in Brazil. It's also easily the most expensive of my streaming services. (I don't consider Prime because I have Prime for shipping, the video is just icying)

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I have CBS All Access, Netflix, Amazon Prime, and SlingTV.

The only reason I have sling is because my wife is Brazilian and she likes to watch Globo which is a major TV station in Brazil. It's also easily the most expensive of my streaming services. (I don't consider Prime because I have Prime for shipping, the video is just icying)

I don’t have CBS but have the same as you with Hulu. I have Sling for NFL games.