The Mandalorian

nobody

Reaction score
I agree, it's been an awesome season and I already can't wait for Season 2 to get here.

But I must say that I am thankful that they chose to release episodes on a week by week basis rather than all at once. I appreciated having one to look forward to each week. It helped to make it last.

I think that model is better for some things, but not as good for others. It does generate a feeling of anticipation and build up far more than a binge watch could. It also gives you time to reflect on an episode before the next one.
Short seasons are also good because there is far less filler episodes full of garbage.
Some series do appear to work better as binge watching experiences just because of how they're filmed.

Sounds like they had a plan going into this and stuck with it. Wish they did that for the movies.

iceberg

rock music matters
Reaction score
e8 was one of the best hours on TV i've seen in a long time. had me cheering out loud more than once.

the start with the stormtroopers talking like standard soldiers and the radio communications was slaying me.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
e8 was one of the best hours on TV i've seen in a long time. had me cheering out loud more than once.

the start with the stormtroopers talking like standard soldiers and the radio communications was slaying me.

I picked out Jason Sudekis' voice as one of them. I wasn't familiar with the other actor.

speedkilz88

Reaction score
I picked out Jason Sudekis' voice as one of them. I wasn't familiar with the other actor.
Comedic actor Adam Pally. (not that I know who he is) Imdb has him as a cast member in Champaign Ill (2018), The Mindy Project, Making History, Happy Endings, and also Gary the cameraman in Iron Man 3 & cousin Nick in Dirty Grandpa.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Comedic actor Adam Pally. (not that I know who he is) Imdb has him as a cast member in Champaign Ill (2018), The Mindy Project, Making History, Happy Endings, and also Gary the cameraman in Iron Man 3 & cousin Nick in Dirty Grandpa.

I did see Iron Man 3...
o_O

nobody

Reaction score
I wasn't a huge fan either. But surprisingly, it made a lot of money. Over $1 billion I think.

It had the momentum of being Iron Man and having Robert Downey Junior. He brought a lot of fun to the role.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
It had the momentum of being Iron Man and having Robert Downey Junior. He brought a lot of fun to the role.

He made it and it made him. A perfect marriage and arguably the most successful film role any actor has ever had.

nobody

Reaction score
He made it and it made him. A perfect marriage and arguably the most successful film role any actor has ever had.

It was one of those few "He was destined to play that role" given how his life led up to it. Ryan Reynolds being Deadpool was another.

kskboys

Reaction score
Ooohhhhhhh.......tough one.

Arnold/Terminator?
Eastwood/westerns?
Harrison Ford/Indiana Jones?
Bronson/Paul Kersey?

Close.............

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Ooohhhhhhh.......tough one.

Arnold/Terminator?
Eastwood/westerns?
Harrison Ford/Indiana Jones?
Bronson/Paul Kersey?

Close.............

Not when it comes to box office and salary.
:laugh:

BrAinPaiNt

Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Signed up for the free 7 day trial. Did not realize I could through google play account.

Watched the episodes, enjoyed them.

Looked over what Disney + had to offer.

Was not too impressed. Have seen all the star war and marvel movies already.

Do not have children so no need for the cartoons.

Already canceled the account before they could charge me for a month.

Friend at work has some bundle deal with Disney +, Hulu and Espn +....might look into that but just for Disney +...just don't see the value for me personally at this time.

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
Signed up for the free 7 day trial. Did not realize I could through google play account.

Watched the episodes, enjoyed them.

Looked over what Disney + had to offer.

Was not too impressed. Have seen all the star war and marvel movies already.

Do not have children so no need for the cartoons.

Already canceled the account before they could charge me for a month.

Friend at work has some bundle deal with Disney +, Hulu and Espn +....might look into that but just for Disney +...just don't see the value for me personally at this time.

The Disney + Hulu, + ESPN deal is for like $12.99 or something. I don't watch ESPN, so I didn't want that. I just ordered Disney+ ($6.99) and you can get Hulu for (1) year at $1.99 / month. So I got both for basically $9 without ESPN.

The moral is, if you want Hulu, spend $1.99 a month and screw the rest of them. You don't need to get them all. The combination isn't required.

BrAinPaiNt

Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The Disney + Hulu, + ESPN deal is for like $12.99 or something. I don't watch ESPN, so I didn't want that. I just ordered Disney+ ($6.99) and you can get Hulu for (1) year at $1.99 / month. So I got both for basically $9 without ESPN.

The moral is, if you want Hulu, spend $1.99 a month and screw the rest of them. You don't need to get them all. The combination isn't required.

I don't think I can get Hulu through google play account. What I mean is I don't think they will take my google play account as a way to pay.
I was kind of shocked that disney + did.

I do NOT use credit cards for these services.

I got the Youtube service through google play account, was shocked that Disney + let me use it.

Don't see the option with Hulu or the bundle actually.