The Mandalorian

nobody

Reaction score
While true. I'm going to guess you haven't been in a kitchen with five chatty Brazilian women. :laugh:

You just need to experience it to understand.

I've been in a kitchen with five chatty Chilean women. I doubt it's much different.

Kevinicus

Reaction score
I'm really not liking the music for this show. Not that is bad, but it seems so random and not fitting with whatever is going on on screen.

Otherwise the show is just kind of okay. Really not a lot going on.

The Ominous

Dead Man Stalkin
Reaction score
Episode was meh. Kind of feel like the show is dragging a bit. Every situation just seems a bit too random. Hopefully these last 3 episodes deliver.

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
I didn't find episode five all that bad. It was pretty good abet short. (36 minutes) Five minutes of ending credits is insane though.

The one guy though. They made him act way too stupid though. Seemed over-acting a bit.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I didn't find episode five all that bad. It was pretty good abet short. (36 minutes) Five minutes of ending credits is insane though.

The one guy though. They made him act way too stupid though. Seemed over-acting a bit.

I thought both of the supporting actors were awful. Like 'take me out of it' level of bad. They reminded me of those dime a dozen weekly TV show types. I expected better quality from a Disney/Star Wars property.

The Ominous

Dead Man Stalkin
Reaction score
I thought both of the supporting actors were awful. Like 'take me out of it' level of bad. They reminded me of those dime a dozen weekly TV show types. I expected better quality from a Disney/Star Wars property.

Absolutely agreed. The writing and directing was also equally terrible. I'm surprised because Dave Feloni did both and people want him to take over live action Star Wars. That's a pass for me. He needs to stick to animation because I felt like I was watching a live cartoon, and not in a good way.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Absolutely agreed. The writing and directing was also equally terrible. I'm surprised because Dave Feloni did both and people want him to take over live action Star Wars. That's a pass for me. He needs to stick to animation because I felt like I was watching a live cartoon, and not in a good way.

I made that exact same mental note upon watching the closing credits. I'm not sure if he's directed prior episodes, but this one was certainly not up to par from an acting perspective. A very good thing that there were only about four actors in the entire episode. Pascal and Ming Na Wen are pro's and probably didn't need much help, but the other two clearly did. I actually looked up the actress name who played the mechanic - Amy Sedaris and it turns out she was the secretary for James Caan's Walter Hobbs character in Elf - directed by Jon Favreau, and apparently was also in his film Chef. That's likely how she got the gig. And as much as I liked her in Elf, she was bad, bad, bad in this episode.

The Ominous

Dead Man Stalkin
Reaction score
I made that exact same mental note upon watching the closing credits. I'm not sure if he's directed prior episodes, but this one was certainly not up to par from an acting perspective. A very good thing that there were only about four actors in the entire episode. Pascal and Ming Na Wen are pro's and probably didn't need much help, but the other two clearly did. I actually looked up the actress name who played the mechanic - Amy Sedaris and it turns out she was the secretary for James Caan's Walter Hobbs character in Elf - directed by Jon Favreau, and apparently was also in his film Chef. That's likely how she got the gig. And as much as I liked her in Elf, she was bad, bad, bad in this episode.

She really stood out with beyond cringe worthy acting and dialogue. My main issue is that there really isn't a story or plot. I guess it's just The Babysitting Adventures of Mando-Baby-Yoda across what seems like a small galaxy. I mean I love Tattoine and all but...it just didn't work.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
She really stood out with beyond cringe worthy acting and dialogue. My main issue is that there really isn't a story or plot. I guess it's just The Babysitting Adventures of Mando-Baby-Yoda across what seems like a small galaxy. I mean I love Tattoine and all but...it just didn't work.

It's truly feeling episodic, and that's not a good thing, especially when you're working in 30-minute time frames. In my opinion, it's feeling like the old Incredible Hulk and A-Team shows. Traveler shows up, helps solve a problem, and moves on by the time credits roll. Lather, rinse, repeat next week. That gets really old, really quick.

And forced easter eggs and comments about "Beggar's Canyon" aren't helping things. It makes the world of Star Wars feel smaller, not bigger. We get that "we've seen it before", it's supposed to be Tattooine for crying out loud! I can't believe they didn't speeder bike by Uncle Owen's abandoned moisture farm! And is it me or were those the cleanest Sand People you've ever seen?

I like nostalgia as much as the next person, but there's a line between recalls and repeating.

The Ominous

Dead Man Stalkin
Reaction score
It's truly feeling episodic, and that's not a good thing, especially when you're working in 30-minute time frames. In my opinion, it's feeling like the old Incredible Hulk and A-Team shows. Traveler shows up, helps solve a problem, and moves on by the time credits roll. Lather, rinse, repeat next week. That gets really old, really quick.

And forced easter eggs and comments about "Beggar's Canyon" aren't helping things. It makes the world of Star Wars feel smaller, not bigger. We get that "we've seen it before", it's supposed to be Tattooine for crying out loud! I can't believe they didn't speeder bike by Uncle Owen's abandoned moisture farm! And is it me or were those the cleanest Sand People you've ever seen?

I like nostalgia as much as the next person, but there's a line between recalls and repeating.

Definitely way too much fan service that really didn't make much cohesive sense in terms of story progression. At least last episode showed a different type of setting and culture. With antagonists, not necessarily villains, moving a little bit of character momentum forward. Bryce Dallas Howard directed last episode, and while not amazing, she worked circles around Dave Feloni. What is Mando's purpose or thought process? What does he want to accomplish? Like you said with only 8 episodes at 30 or so minutes I really expected a white knuckle thrill ride. We shall see.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Definitely way too much fan service that really didn't make much cohesive sense in terms of story progression. At least last episode showed a different type of setting and culture. With antagonists, not necessarily villains, moving a little bit of character momentum forward. Bryce Dallas Howard directed last episode, and while not amazing, she worked circles around Dave Feloni. What is Mando's purpose or thought process? What does he want to accomplish? Like you said with only 8 episodes at 30 or so minutes I really expected a white knuckle thrill ride. We shall see.

I did like what happened at the end.

If that wasn't Boba Fett checking on that body at the end, I'm going to be awfully disappointed because with the clanking of the spurs as he walked they're certainly trying to tell the viewer that's who it was.

But my thinking is that it will be strung out with teases over the next few episodes leading into the season finale in episode 8. With all of the comments and callbacks used already, I can't believe they wouldn't use the biggest gun left in their holster and reintroducing that character.

speedkilz88

Reaction score

Ep 4 reminded me of Xena Warrior Princess with Mando playing the girl sidekick. 5 was even worse with no plot and the horrible actors.

http://www.***NOT-ALLOWED***/tv/thumb/tvbanners/184132/p184132_b_v8_ah.jpg

nobody

Reaction score

You saw the Last Jedi and expected better acting from Disney/Star Wars? Tell me, which Disney executive has a red dot on your chest right now? Maybe we can help.