The media... was I wrong?

scottsp

Reaction score
Juke99 said:
The media this...the media that...

I dunno...my take on it is, this is exactly what Jerry wanted. Let's not forget that Jerry Jones is a businessman and a marketing guy before he is a football guy.

He's always loved big names....he got one of the biggest.

I am pretty sure he was salivating at the idea of all the press Owens would bring the Cowboys.

Well Jerry, ya got it. Congrats.

That's exactly what I have been saying. To believe Jerry never considered the current situation as ever being possible is, well ....naive. And I don't think he would ever shy away from this.

I seriously doubt Jones is cringing when he sees this leading off SportsCenter. In fact, quite the opposite. He is always accessible and continues to be so, even as the media takes shots at him and the Cowboys.

We have folks calling these people mediots, and that's fine. Yet the masses read as much now as ever - Cowboy diehards included. Why wouldn't the radio, print, and eletronic people not continue with this line of coverage?

They would be foolish not to.

percyhoward

Research Tool
Reaction score
Screw The Hall said:
In the end I appreciate the duo swinging for the fences and not being afraid to fail.
I like that way of looking at it.

Even with all they've accomplished, Jones and Parcells have both gone a long while without making it to the promised land. And I mean the Super Bowl, not the pearly gates. Look at all these people who have something to prove:

Parcells: Does he still have it?
Jerry: Can he win a ring with a completely different team than the 90's team?
Owens: Can he leave his ego just far enough behind to win a Super Bowl?
Bledsoe: Is he worthy of Canton?
Julius: Can he fulfill his potential?

These are all our key people, and to paraphrase Irvin, it's like they've "hocked up a big one...can't spit it out."

Paniolo22

Hawaiian Cowboy
Reaction score
bbgun said:
A distinction without a difference. He missed a players meeting and failed to meet his trainers. Happy?
This is what I'm talking about. You don't think there's a difference between being late to a meeting and missing 3 meetings. :banghead: The media pretty much does the same thing as you do, take pieces of correct information and join it with BS, then come up with thier own conclusions. Again though, he didn't MISS a meeting, he was late. He missed a rehab session. :rolleyes:

Rack

Federal Agent
Reaction score
trickblue said:
I lived in WF for a few years...

Cool. Real nice little town. I lived at Tiffany's apartments, just a couple of blocks from the Colessium (sp?).

I regret leaving. If I'd stayed I would of got my degree, had a "career", house, etc... the whole 9 yards. The next coaching staff (the coaches that were there while I was there got fired the season I left) might of actually given me a fair chance for a starting position too. The morons that were there while I was there had their "Boys" and, well you know how it is.