The more I look, the more I like

kskboys

Reaction score
Keenum took nothing. To say he took the Vikings the the NFC game is extremely wreckless and far from the truth. That defense happened to have been one of the best in the league.

And using 2017 to show how good Keenum is in 2020 is like using 2013 to show how good Greg Hardy can be for us.
Vikes D was #1 that year. Reminiscent of when horrific Quincy Carter "took" the Cowboys to the playoffs w/ the #1 D.

HotDog37

Reaction score
Do you have any idea how foolish you sound? Name all the QB's that the team regard as their FRANCHISE QB for the future that have competition for that job? Teams that aren't sure of their QB have competition but Jerry, Stephen, McCarthy and Nussmeier are all sure who they want as the QB. I also find it funny, not ha ha funny, that some here have made up their minds on Rush even though he hasn't taken a regular season snap YET. How quick we forget that Prescott as a rookie went to camp as the 3rd string QB and before opening weekend he was the starter do to injuries, but the Cowboys went 13 - 3 and Prescott was the NFL offensive rookie of the year. I don't know whether Rush will be any good or not but I'm willing to both trust professional coaches and also wait and see what he might do with the starters in a regular season game before I pronounce he as anything. There's an old saying that goes if you have two QB's and can't decide then you really don't have any. Fortunately for the Cowboys they have decided who their QB is. If you were smart you really wouldn't want to be included with stasheroo on this. Keenum has had 1 good season in 8 seasons and has been with 7 teams. That should tell you all you need to know about him.

Ya ok with all of that. By the way I totally agree about Rush that would be yet another thing in a long list that the Cowboys don't do right. They don't actually develop the talent they do have behind starters properly. I think Rush can play but will we ever see him? I mean even when Dallas should clearly pull Dak they don't. I would like to see if Rush has anything in a REAL NFL REGULAR season game. Maybe he can do something. About being fortunate about Dallas has 'decided' on who their starting quarterback is -- lmao. About 'including" Stasheroo. I agreed with Stasheroo.

Last edited:

gjkoeppen

Reaction score
Ya ok with all of that. By the way I totally agree about Rush that would be yet another thing in a long list that the Cowboys don't do right. They don't actually develop the talent they do have behind starters properly. I think Rush can play but will we ever see him? I mean even when Dallas should clearly pull Dak they don't. I would like to see if Rush has anything in a REAL NFL REGULAR season game. Maybe he can do something. About being fortunate about Dallas has 'decided' on who their starting quarterback is -- lmao. About 'including" Stasheroo. I agreed with Stasheroo.

When was all these times that Prescott could have been pulled to play Rush to see him play some regular season snaps. Are you going to say when the Cowboys got way behind? Bad, no terrible idea. Prescott is a developing QB too and to do that very well could hurt if not destroy his self confidence or at the very least his confidence that the coaches still had confidence in him especially when some of those times it was the defense that didn't stop the other team which greatly contributed to there being a lopsided score.. Having a QB playing where he's constantly looking over his shoulder has never worked well.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
There is nothing factual about that. It’s simply your opinion. No one would agree with that opinion either. Who in their right mind thinks the Vikings were riding Keenum in 2017?

Who said "riding"?

What other things do you need to make up for your argument?

HotDog37

Reaction score
When was all these times that Prescott could have been pulled to play Rush to see him play some regular season snaps. Are you going to say when the Cowboys got way behind? Bad, no terrible idea. Prescott is a developing QB too and to do that very well could hurt if not destroy his self confidence or at the very least his confidence that the coaches still had confidence in him especially when some of those times it was the defense that didn't stop the other team which greatly contributed to there being a lopsided score.. Having a QB playing where he's constantly looking over his shoulder has never worked well.

Good grief you are incredibly smart. You're right there is no reason to promote competition regarding the quarterback position. We don't want to destroy Dak Prescott's confidence. Dak should never feel the heat of any type of competition.Hey Lets just say I agree with you because if i do it could seem that I am as smart as you are. I'll leave it at that.

kskboys

Reaction score
Can Rush play? Absolutely, he knows what to do.
Does Rush have the physical ability to be an NFL starter? Absolutely not. It's really not close.

Think of it this way. Imagine if you had a RB, 6-0/225. This RB had great moves, great power, blocked, could catch. However, this RB runs a 5.2 forty. Could this RB ever be a great starter in the NFL?

(If you say yes to that question, never mind)

Kevinicus

Reaction score
I wouldn’t say that. Keenum is 31. Dak is 26. Hardly the same situation.
But yes one could form the opinion that Dak isn’t all that great. He’s had 3 good years and one bad.
Definitely would not say he has had 3 good years.

Not sure what their ages has to do with much. Clearly the supporting cast each has had is by far the biggest difference in situations. And when they are remotely similar, Dak does not separate himself.

Kevinicus

Reaction score
QBs that fragile are not worth having.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Definitely would not say he has had 3 good years.

Not sure what their ages has to do with much. Clearly the supporting cast each has had is by far the biggest difference in situations. And when they are remotely similar, Dak does not separate himself.
So you don’t think 2016, 2018 and 2019 were good?

And age means a lot. A quarterback struggles his first few years in the league. Not everyone is Mahomes. Dak, Wentz, Goff, Watson....all are young qbs. A lot left to play. Keenum is about to be 32......he is what he is.

Kevinicus

Reaction score
So you don’t think 2016, 2018 and 2019 were good?

And age means a lot. A quarterback struggles his first few years in the league. Not everyone is Mahomes. Dak, Wentz, Goff, Watson....all are young qbs. A lot left to play. Keenum is about to be 32......he is what he is.

2016 - Good. 2017 and 18 Not so good. 2019 very mixed with some improvement and some awfulness, but mostly meh.

Keenum is what? A capable QB who puts up top end Dak #s when the team around him isn't bottom of the barrel?

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
2016 - Good. 2017 and 18 Not so good. 2019 very mixed with some improvement and some awfulness, but mostly meh.

Keenum is what? A capable QB who puts up top end Dak #s when the team around him isn't bottom of the barrel?
If Keenum was as good as y’all are making him out to be maybe those teams wouldn’t have been bottom of the barrel?

gjkoeppen

Reaction score
Good grief you are incredibly smart. You're right there is no reason to promote competition regarding the quarterback position. We don't want to destroy Dak Prescott's confidence. Dak should never feel the heat of any type of competition.Hey Lets just say I agree with you because if i do it could seem that I am as smart as you are. I'll leave it at that.

In your attempt at disagreeing by agreeing you failed to to see a very significant point. Those that have a problem with this also say that it is because they also had a problem with Garrett and his judgement but now a second coach has the same feelings about Prescott so now we have two coaches that believe Prescott is that franchise QB and like I said before just how many franchise QB's go through competition for their job? Lets see it's professional coaches 2 - wannabe coach fans 0.