The more I think about the Amari trade the more I like it

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
My sentiments exactly.. Cooper's value to this offense went far beyond his NUMBERS. Every opposing defense the Cowboys played against, had to account for Cooper because of his PRECISE route running and EXCEPTIONAL SPEED. Say what you will about him, but Cooper is a [TRUE #1 WR]. He will definitely be missed..
This place is obsessed with personal stats over everything else.

Zekeats

theranchsucks
Reaction score
This is nonsense. First off recovers aren’t a dime a dozen. It’s why teams are trading top picks to other teams to get receivers. It’s also why they are getting massive contracts. A lot bigger than what Cooper was getting paid. It’s also why 6 receivers were taking in the 1st 20 picks in the draft.

Cowboys could have redone Coopers contract just like the Browns did and made it more team friendly. Now Cowboys have a lot of cap space and nothing to spend it on and a worse team.
Maybe it's why teams are trading top receivers to just draft another receiver? They are a dime a dozen. Also just because WR got drafted early doesn't mean anything other than that was the strength of the draft early, same reason one qb in top 60 picks or so.