The more time passes by, the more I realize 2007 was the year

Zordon

Reaction score
2007 was our best team with this QB.

NFL Rank in Pass Offense, Pass Defense, Rushing TD (avg of the 3)
2006 8th, 20th, 3rd (avg 10th)
2007 4th, 5th, 10th (avg 6th)
2008 13th, 20th, 22nd (avg 18th)
2009 6th, 16th, 15th (avg 12th)
2010 12th, 29th, 21st (avg 21st)
2011 4th, 25th, 30th (avg 20th)
2012 9th, 29th, 27th (avg 22nd)
2013 7th, 24th, 17th (avg 16th) thru 15 games

When the average of these three categories is in the top 12, we've been one of the 12 teams to make the playoffs.

When the pass defense is in the top half of the league, we win at least 10 games and win the division.

look at those stats, everything has gotten progressively worse. just seems like our opportunity was 2006-10. the old players from those teams are deteriorating and the young players seem injury prone.

lqmac1

Reaction score
And another reason as to why Parcells shouldn't have been shown the door. Phillips was coaching BP team. He promised Jerry a Super Bowl in 5 years, I believe that '07 season would've been year 4.

joseephuss

Reaction score
Cabo the week before a playoff game wasn't an issue? He should be focused on what he gets paid millions to do. He couldn't wait until after the season?

He had a 64 rating and played poorly in that game.

Enough with the fantasizing, crayton never had a shot at that ball and it was a poorly designed play to begin with.

No, Cabo had nothing to do with anything. Just like wearing a hat backwards doesn't matter.

There is no fantasy. Crayton quit on the route. The ball was right there. Go look at the video. It is very clear.

I don't lay all or even the majority of the blame on Crayton. He was part of the problem along with many players including Romo. They all failed. As a whole team they didn't make enough plays to win that game. It is funny how you can post that it is never one players fault, but then blame everything on Romo.

Super_Kazuya

Reaction score
Didn't we have like 15 players go to the pro bowl that year? Yes, 2007 was the year we should have won it all. Instead, we get beaten in our first game.

Hey now... that is the first time I've ever seen out of your 130+ posts that you did not mindlessly bash Romo. I apologize for calling you a Romo hating bot. Next goal: a positive post.

joseephuss

Reaction score
And another reason as to why Parcells shouldn't have been shown the door. Phillips was coaching BP team. He promised Jerry a Super Bowl in 5 years, I believe that '07 season would've been year 4.

No, Parcells was done after already being in Dallas for 4 seasons. He was probably leaving no matter what Jerry decided. Other than with the Giants, Parcells did not stick around anywhere that long. The smart thing to do was let Parcells have some input on who would replace him. Phillips should have never been interviewed much less hired. The guy isn't a head coach.

khiladi

Reaction score
Jacques Reeves also blew that... Man our corners back then were ten times worse than what we have now... Oh, and our MLB, Ayodele and James, couldn't cover worth squat. Wade had to mask a lot.

cheftjpeck

Reaction score
HUH??? Parcels walked out on the cowboys..he retired from coaching again .. He dîdnt have the energy to do what he was used to doing to coach anymore .., no one showed him the door but him

CyberB0b

Village Idiot
Reaction score
2007 was actually a farce, and set us up for the failure we have had since. It was really a perfect storm.

1. Lot's of players played beyond their ability. Ken Hamlin, Bigg Davis, etc.
2. Cupcake schedule. We had one of the easiest schedules ever.
3. Lot's of money spent on locking up guys after this season.

This season lead Jerry to think we were just a few players away from the Super Bowl. This directly lead to the Roy Williams trade, which spun into the dirty dozen draft.

joseephuss

Reaction score
Jacques Reeves also blew that... Man our corners back then were ten times worse than what we have now... Oh, and our MLB, Ayodele and James, couldn't cover worth squat. Wade had to mask a lot.

Yes, Reeves was terrible. Should have kept Aaron Glenn around or found another vet instead of keeping a roster spot for Terry Glenn that season.

khiladi

Reaction score
Yes, Reeves was terrible. Should have kept Aaron Glenn around or found another vet instead of keeping a roster spot for Terry Glenn that season.

Still remember the last drive of the first half, where Eli just abused him, while the whole half we had the lead. Came back in a matter of like 3 plays with minimum time left.

DFWJC

Reaction score
Yeah, the gap between what they have been putting out there the last 3-4 years compared to that 2007 team is astonomical.

DFWJC

Reaction score
Cabo the week before a playoff game wasn't an issue? He should be focused on what he gets paid millions to do. He couldn't wait until after the season?

He had a 64 rating and played poorly in that game.

Enough with the fantasizing, crayton never had a shot at that ball and it was a poorly designed play to begin with.

You're nuts.
Crayton flat out gave up on that route. That was the game-winning TD pass that was not caught.

The Giants defense proceeded to take over that post season, so Dallas and every other team under-performed against them.

Brutally disappointting loss though because that game was at home and they had1st round bye.
Huge opportunity lost there.

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Had Parcells stuck around for another contract I think there's a very good chance this team would have played in a Super Bowl.

The owner should have recognized the great progress that was made, the young core entering it's prime, and tried to keep Parcells at all cost or at the least continue the same structure with another powerful head coach.

Instead he breathed a sigh of relief, announced his way didn't work and went right back to the failed ways of the past.

khiladi

Reaction score
To be honest though, with the catch by Tyree, it's clear the Giants sold their soul to the devil to get that. Man, that front four was abusing everybody. Tuck was a one-man wrecking crew against the Pats.

joseephuss

Reaction score
Had Parcells stuck around for another contract I think there's a very good chance this team would have played in a Super Bowl.

The owner should have recognized the great progress that was made, the young core entering it's prime, and tried to keep Parcells at all cost or at the least continue the same structure with another powerful head coach.

Instead he breathed a sigh of relief, announced his way didn't work and went right back to the failed ways of the past.

Parcells was done as a head coach. He just didn't have it in him anymore. It takes a toll. I agree with continuing with the same structure. That would have taken naming Parcells as the GM or perhaps VP in charge of football operations. Then he could have hired the next head and/or GM. We all know that was never going to happen. It is easy to be critical of Jerry Jones for many things, but Parcells continuing as head coach is not one of them. Parcells was finally finished at that position and the evidence is that he has not taken another job since then.

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Parcells was done as a head coach. He just didn't have it in him anymore. It takes a toll. I agree with continuing with the same structure. That would have taken naming Parcells as the GM or perhaps VP in charge of football operations. Then he could have hired the next head and/or GM. We all know that was never going to happen. It is easy to be critical of Jerry Jones for many things, but Parcells continuing as head coach is not one of them. Parcells was finally finished at that position and the evidence is that he has not taken another job since then.

Yeah, I don't agree. When he told us "Before long, you won't even know I was here.", that told me he had enough of this complete lunatic, he's beyond help, good luck with him, Cowboys fans.

It wouldn't have taken naming him the GM. Just go after another big name head coach with skins on the wall. Give him the same respect you showed Parcells. Stay somewhat in the background, Jerry. It's our only shot because you and your chubby son don't know your *** from your elbow when it comes to building a football team.

khiladi

Reaction score
Anybody that thinks Parcells would have took this team to a Super Bowl forgets the Panthers game when he had all his NY giant buddies on the sideline with him, because they saw he was utterly defeated... Romo gave this team hope when he came in.

khiladi

Reaction score
I'll say it once and I'll say it again, Parcells was trying his hardest to make this team win with Bledsoe. Bledsoe finally forced his hand though he should have been benched long ago.