The Most Beautiful Place You Have Ever Visited?

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Right in my back yard. ;)

There are hundreds of small little bodies of water throughout the Sawtooths. You have to hike to get to most of them.
This was quite a climb but we were younger and in better shape.

When I was considering where I would retire, Idaho was my first choice but then I started to think about everything I loved living there, hiking incredible scenery, rafting a river, the Payette with 4's and 5's 45 minutes away, and skiing 45 minutes away at Bogus and to top that off, I could fly fish for trout in downtown Boise. I can still do the fishing but the rest are out because of a hip replacement and being around all of that beauty and not being able to be a part of it would be worse than not being there.

I also realize that downtown Boise is probably not nearly as cool as it was for us in the early 90's. Hanging on Main Street on a Friday night with the kids still cruising Main Street was something we looked forward to every Friday night. My wife and I grew up with that in Little Rock and probably passed each other not knowing it as we went to competing high schools.

Gives me an idea for a thread.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I've never been outside the U.S., but I've been to most of the contiguous states, and there's so much to see that I couldn't even say what's the most beautiful. Yellowstone sticks out in my mind most prominently at the moment, so I'll go with that, for now.
Still plenty to see here, my friend.
R.1349ce451201fa05620137110b9a9df5

Montanalo

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Wow! So many to chose from and, it somewhat depends on your mood and attitude. Here is my shortlist

My avatar is our home nestled in the Swan Mountains near Bigfork, Montana... naturally, I think it is pretty special.

Yellowstone -- Especially in the fall when the colors are changing; hard to beat the scenery and wildlife

The Scottish Highlands -- I lived in Aberdeen for a few years and never once tired of the scenery in northern Scotland. It could be rainy, overcast and it was still beautiful

The Australian Outback -- Also lived in Perth, Australia for a few years. It is hard to describe the burnt red/orange outback colors; truly breathtaking. Seriously looked at retiring in Oz.

The Serengeti in Tanzania and Kenya -- As far as the eye can see, massive herds of elephant, zebra, wildebeest, etc

SlammedZero

Reaction score
I've never been outside the U.S., but I've been to most of the contiguous states, and there's so much to see that I couldn't even say what's the most beautiful. Yellowstone sticks out in my mind most prominently at the moment, so I'll go with that, for now.

Same here outside of going into Canada a few times, which, hardly counts IMO. Kind of depressing isn't it? lol

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

On that note, I have been to quite a few gorgeous place in the United States. I would have to say, though, that the Oregon Coast is one of my most favorite places I've ever been. Just beautiful and something so peaceful and relaxing about it. It really gives me this feeling of connection between us and life. :)

Dang, now I want to go! haha I think I'm going to attempt to go there in August.

oregon-coast-towns.jpg

DBOY3141

Reaction score
Same here outside of going into Canada a few times, which, hardly counts IMO. Kind of depressing isn't it? lol

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

On that note, I have been to quite a few gorgeous place in the United States. I would have to say, though, that the Oregon Coast is one of my most favorite places I've ever been. Just beautiful and something so peaceful and relaxing about it. It really gives me this feeling of connection between us and life. :)

Dang, now I want to go! haha I think I'm going to attempt to go there in August.

oregon-coast-towns.jpg
you are correct on Oregon coast. the family and I just got back from a trip out west. Drove from Cresent City, CA to Florence, OR along the coast. amazing beauty.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
Azores.

Here, in the U.S., I'd probably have to go with Montana in the Yellowstone, up in the Beartooth.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Wow! So many to chose from and, it somewhat depends on your mood and attitude. Here is my shortlist

My avatar is our home nestled in the Swan Mountains near Bigfork, Montana... naturally, I think it is pretty special.

Yellowstone -- Especially in the fall when the colors are changing; hard to beat the scenery and wildlife

The Scottish Highlands -- I lived in Aberdeen for a few years and never once tired of the scenery in northern Scotland. It could be rainy, overcast and it was still beautiful

The Australian Outback -- Also lived in Perth, Australia for a few years. It is hard to describe the burnt red/orange outback colors; truly breathtaking. Seriously looked at retiring in Oz.

The Serengeti in Tanzania and Kenya -- As far as the eye can see, massive herds of elephant, zebra, wildebeest, etc
Soooooo, I guess it is safe to say you and Runny do not vacation together often?

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
you are correct on Oregon coast. the family and I just got back from a trip out west. Drove from Cresent City, CA to Florence, OR along the coast. amazing beauty.
Did you get a storm? We went on a storm watch at Yachats and really got a beauty while we sat on the floor with a mess of crabs between us and a couple bottles of Oregon Chardonnay and Pinto Noir between us. Next morning we go over to the restaurant at the hotel for breakfast and can't stop talking about the storm and at least the locals tolerated us.

Man, I hate to think of the damage those fires are bringing to that beautiful state.

DBOY3141

Reaction score
Did you get a storm? We went on a storm watch at Yachats and really got a beauty while we sat on the floor with a mess of crabs between us and a couple bottles of Oregon Chardonnay and Pinto Noir between us. Next morning we go over to the restaurant at the hotel for breakfast and can't stop talking about the storm and at least the locals tolerated us.

Man, I hate to think of the damage those fires are bringing to that beautiful state.
thankfully no. we spent 12 days between Yellowstone, Crater Lake, Redwood NTL park, Florence OR, Spokane WA and back to Yellowstone and didn't hit one drop of rain.

catiii

Reaction score
Unfortunately, photos are all on Kodachrome 25 slides, but Acadia National Park and the coast of Maine in autumn is mind numbing. Everywhere you look is a post card shot. Alaska, Denali National Park in summer, White Horse and Yukon Railway and Glacier Bay. Zion National Park and the Angel's Landing Trail UT and Bryce Canyon UT. Grand Canyon.
I'm not sure anyone even has the tech to handle Kodachrome anymore as far as converting them to digital or even prints. Impossible to buy or develop anymore too. Thanks Kodak. Film was art. Sometimes I dislike what's called "progress."
So to see them I use a light box or the wall from my carousel projector. Their colour is still as pristine and unchanged as the day I took them over 30 years ago which was why Kodachrome was unique in its time. As close to forever as you could get in the pre-digital age.

Last edited:

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Never been to New Zealand, but it looks like there are a lot of beautiful areas there.

HungryLion

Reaction score
Unfortunately, photos are all on Kodachrome 25 slides, but Acadia National Park and the coast of Maine in autumn is mind numbing. Everywhere you look is a post card shot. Alaska, Denali National Park in summer, White Horse and Yukon Railway and Glacier Bay. Zion National Park and the Angel's Landing Trail UT and Bryce Canyon UT. Grand Canyon.
I'm not sure anyone even has the tech to handle Kodachrome anymore as far as converting them to digital or even prints. Impossible to buy or develop anymore too. Thanks Kodak. Film was art. Sometimes I dislike what's called "progress."
So to see them I use a light box or the wall from my carousel projector. Their colour is still as pristine and unchanged as the day I took them over 30 years ago which was why Kodachrome was unique in its time. As close to forever as you could get in the pre-digital age.

Good mention man.

I have been to Acadia in the fall. It’s absolutely gorgeous.

Cowpolk

Landry Hat
Reaction score
https://lh3.***BROKEN***/proxy/xC10RriGdHcaxnBkKcw6B6-1b1TGSh97Y2TAZgv_n8D1mxQZy3iffmQr24wE4LrPbltkkAUuVJeNzuoESrScIEJdd-eKoPcCzhSCzJC388PvKruWzk4JR3B3tQ
Still my favorite stadium

RaZon

Reaction score
Deep in these local mountains the mighty Sierra Nevada's. Always hate to leave, incredible sight.