The most disturbing part is Steven Jackson's comments

hendog

Reaction score
He said that after watching tape of the Cowboys they felt like if they came out and punched us in the mouth that we'd lay down, and that's exactly what happened.

No scheme in the world can fix that.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Just because he said it doesn't mean its true. They just outplayed the Cowboys. Simple as that. They took advantage of our injured and young secondary and the fact our offenes couldn't score to save their lives.

daboys79

Reaction score
rocyaice;2365821 said:
Just because he said it doesn't mean its true. They just outplayed the Cowboys. Simple as that. They took advantage of our injured and young secondary and the fact our offenes couldn't score to save their lives.

Nice try but c'mon man you saw the game. We did exactly what Steven Jackson.

Seven

Messenger to the football Gods
Reaction score
hendog;2365796 said:
He said that after watching tape of the Cowboys they felt like if they came out and punched us in the mouth that we'd lay down, and that's exactly what happened.

Football 101..............

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
daboys79;2365823 said:

We put up 14 points lol. McNabb and the Eagles "hit us in the mouth" and we hit them right back with 41. The defense had a horrible 1st quarter. Just horrible. Inexcusable. But the fact is with Romo we can compete in a 30 point game. With Brad Johnson we're lucky to pull out a win puttin' up 21 points. The Cowboys are the 1st team they decided to hit in the mouth? What happened the other 4 losses? They just went out there because they had to? I don't buy it.

Boysboy

Reaction score
rocyaice;2365831 said:
We put up 14 points lol. McNabb and the Eagles "hit us in the mouth" and we hit them right back with 41. The defense had a horrible 1st quarter. Just horrible. Inexcusable. But the fact is with Romo we can compete in a 30 point game. With Brad Johnson we're lucky to pull out a win puttin' up 21 points. The Cowboys are the 1st team they decided to hit in the mouth? What happened the other 4 losses? They just went out there because they had to? I don't buy it.

LOL - it also happened in the Skins game...the minute they controlled the tempo was also the same minute we fell apart. OK, we lost by only 2 points, so what? If it weren't for a couple of bad Skins penalties, it would have been a double digit loss.

Ditto the Cards game - we played outstanding in the first half, but the minute what happened to our D in the 2nd half what Steven Jackson described...the wheels just came tumbling off from there.

Mr. Jackson is right, as much as I hate to admit it - this team has no heart. When faced with adversity, the wheels will come tumbling off.

Eskimo

Reaction score
Our defense is not effective without a lead because it is weak upfront against a physical OL. If they have the persistence to continue pounding us with the run, the other team will have alot of success. This will not change until our DL is Spears/NT/Ratliff plus more athletic and physical ILBs.

It is too bad we busted on Carp and Burnett.

It is also too bad that we gave up 1st and 3rd rounders to fix a position of glamour instead of focusing on the team's true weaknesses.

ryanbabs

Reaction score
hendog;2365796 said:

He's also still upset he doesn't wear a star on his helmet...

What do you expect him to say? Same with Randy Moss and many others.

cowboyjoe

Reaction score
that goes back to practices, getting in flozell adams face, or doug free or mcquistan and drilling in them slobber knocker smash footall.

Like parcells told one of our offensive linemen one time, i want that player driven back, knock him backwards, its an attitude you develop in the offensive linemen to want to man up and beat on somebody

do those things along with scaling the defense back, pass rushing ware more, but when you do the linebackers must cover his area.

tyke1doe

Reaction score
daboys79;2365823 said:

Even Zack Thomas said as much. :(

tyke1doe

Reaction score
rocyaice;2365831 said:

Stephen Jackson was talking about the defense, not the offense.

And our defense didn't do anything to stop the Eagles. That was our offense.

In fact, it took a botched exchange between McNabb and Westbrook to keep the Eagles from taking a 10-point lead, that might have made the difference in the game.

Let's face it. This defense has to rely on the Cowboys' offense. And with Romo out, I can see where the defense would "mail it in" because it's not getting any help from the offense.

deepBLUE

Reaction score
hendog;2365796 said:

what the fool didn't say is this...they were fortunate to get 3 turnovers in the 1st quarter (our screw-ups; it had nothing to do with the rams). that's not punching someone in the mouth...it's uncommonly good luck.

cowboyjoe

Reaction score
they punched the cowboys in the mouth in the 3rd quater with the big jackson run, 3 rams players on 3 cowboys, they created a lane and boom

in the 1st quater, they used the killer instinct, something the cowboys lack

yimyammer

Reaction score
hendog;2365796 said:

That's similar to what the Commanders said/think, the Giants said/think and what Keyshawn said weeks ago (which I assume he heard from talking to players on other teams)

At what point do these claims become truth?

I know which way the evidence is leading me, what say you?

TellerMorrow34

BraveHeartFan
Reaction score
I don't know what there is to explain all the problems but I imagine there is some degree of truth to what Stephen said.

tyke1doe

Reaction score
I think it's amusing, in a cute way, that some Cowboys fans are trying to defend the team against Jackson's comment.

Well, if that's not the case, then do something about it.

utrunner07

Reaction score
rocyaice;2365821 said:
Just because he said it doesn't mean its true. They just outplayed the Cowboys.

It is so TRUE. Anytime this team gets down they quit. Anytime they get hit hard they slow down...this team is soft.

deepBLUE

Reaction score
tyke1doe;2366078 said:
I think it's amusing, in a cute way, that some Cowboys fans are trying to defend the team against Jackson's comment.

Well, if that's not the case, then do something about it.
that wasn't my intent...i don't recall ever seeing a worse debacle, than what i witnessed sunday (i'm sure there's been a few more, in watching the 'boys for 31 years...but i don't care to remember it)...

i just find it a little amusing that jackson doesn't remember all of the facts quite accurately...

while i'm on a tear...can anyone explain to me why our wonder boy (garrett) can't seem to put t.o. in motion, to get him off the line of scrimmage...and then call a few 3 step drops for a 40-year-old qb?

DeadEagle

Reaction score
hendog;2365796 said:

What's funny is that, that is exactly what the Bucs tactic will be on Sunday.

Nobody in the league thinks the Cowboys can man up when they get challenged physically.

Doesn't matter what any of you think, that is the word around the NFL from many teams.