The most important upgrade for this team

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
Maybe us fans need to stop being comfortable enough with mediocrity that we stop buying a mediocre product.

I used to make a pilgrimage to see the Cowboys every season - 1300 miles, each way. I did that from the time I could afford it until 2012 or 2013.

The move to Jerryworld made the trip much more expensive, I didn't like the game experience as much as Texas Stadium, and I got tired of bad football.

The first game I saw in Jerryworld was the Titans in 2010 (went to the game in Tampa in 2009). Vince Young looked like an All Pro against Dallas. Pitiful.

Future

Intramural Legend
Reaction score
Been saying that for a while. I'm a Cowboys fan win or lose. What I don't get is why others who constantly complain and trash the team continue to watch?
Here you go lol. Answered the last time this thread was made.
This post is probably my lame attempt to get through to some of our fans who still believe talent alone is enough to win.

kskboys

Reaction score
Been saying that for a while. I'm a Cowboys fan win or lose. What I don't get is why others who constantly complain and trash the team continue to watch?
Wrong thread. This is about what needs to change to make us winners, not about whining about other posters.

fivetwos

Reaction score
We all know we need help at multiple positions. We can talk Safeties, DTs, LBs...whatever position of need we have on this team. But the most important upgrade our Cowboys need...the biggest obstacle holding this team back from being a contender is its CULTURE. Currently, it’s as soft as a roll of Charmin and entitled as someone named Spalding.

Yes, we must have talent upgrades at multiple positions. Talent is critical to success in any sport. We need lots more talent for sure. But what this team needs more than anything- its players, coaches and entire organization, is to get tougher and more accountable.

You could bring in 10 HOFers at multiple positions, but until this culture toughens up- I hate to say it- we should not expect much to change. The difference between a typical 8-8 season and a deep playoff run isn’t just talent. It’s a change in the culture. That’s the most important element Tom Brady brought to the Buccaneers this past year. Accountability and toughness. It matters a ton.

The difference in talent between teams winning SBs and those who only flirt with it, is usually the culture.
Jerry will never acknowledge that his need to form relationships with and be accessible to players is a real problem, and undermines his entire staff.

At least he has given up going to the Senior Bowl with his mesh ball cap and a clipboard.

That was some embarrassing ******

Doomsday101

Reaction score
Wrong thread. This is about what needs to change to make us winners, not about whining about other posters.
sorry about that, have 3 PC in front of me right now working on 2 of them and trying to follow this site as well

kskboys

Reaction score
I used to make a pilgrimage to see the Cowboys every season - 1300 miles, each way. I did that from the time I could afford it until 2012 or 2013.

The move to Jerryworld made the trip much more expensive, I didn't like the game experience as much as Texas Stadium, and I got tired of bad football.

The first game I saw in Jerryworld was the Titans in 2010 (went to the game in Tampa in 2009). Vince Young looked like an All Pro against Dallas. Pitiful.

Yup. I remember that game. Many used that game alone to claim Vincy was a good QB. It was obvious they didn't watch football aside from the Cowboys!!!!

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
LMAO, it's worse than that. They hammer them and then talk about their trip to the stadium to see them play and drop some serious coin and some even travel to do that.

Just watching them play is a time investment but paying to watch this team play is so foreign to me. I did that for a time in the 80's. I'd complain about them and my wife would just look at me and ask "why are we spending this amount of money for you to complain about them? Give me that to go shopping and I'll be glad to come home and listen to you complain all you want". I didn't have a good answer to that, she loved trick questions.

Bobhaze

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

I have been to a Cowboys game at each of the 3 home stayjums in our history- Cotton Bowl, Texas Stadium and AT&T. The new stayjum is by far my least favorite. It feels like watching a game from inside a shopping mall. And the cost for me is prohibitive.

fivetwos

Reaction score
Maybe because its a forum in which to offer opinion, and the teams results have been awful for a very long time.

GET to a NFCGC and watch that go away by 80%.

They haven't been able to get that done.

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score

Not sure why this is so difficult for some to grasp. The opposite of love is not hate - it's indifference.

People complain and continue to watch because they still care about the team, despite frustrations with how it is run. If they didn't care they wouldn't be here.

fivetwos

Reaction score

Crazy.

Thats the first one I saw there as well.

I recall being stunned by the place, and thinking....as much as I can't stand Jerry and his act, he built one helluva stayjum.

Robster8989

Reaction score
General Manager and Director of Player Personnel set the culture, and they have jobs-for-life.

Only way it changes is if they hire a head coach who makes Jerry uncomfortable.

This post sums up the Cowboys problems perfectly.
I wanted Meyer for this very reason.
He was in a position of enough strength to tell Jerry "you need me more than I need you.".

Doomsday101

Reaction score
Maybe because its a forum in which to offer opinion, and the teams results have been awful for a very long time.

GET to a NFCGC and watch that go away by 80%.

They haven't been able to get that done.

I get that, people have views and this gives them a chance to give their views. I only ask how can you support and spend time watching something you despise?
As for your statement get to the NFC Championship or a SB and watch it change to 80%? well to me that is nothing more than a bandwagon fan. I'm a grown man I can deal with losing, I don't like it but I can handle it believe me there are a lot of things in life I deal with that is more stressful than a football game. I don't always agree with moves but once it is done I support the team since after all there is nothing I can do about it

Whyjerry

Reaction score
We all know we need help at multiple positions. We can talk Safeties, DTs, LBs...whatever position of need we have on this team. But the most important upgrade our Cowboys need...the biggest obstacle holding this team back from being a contender is its CULTURE. Currently, it’s as soft as a roll of Charmin and entitled as someone named Spalding.

Yes, we must have talent upgrades at multiple positions. Talent is critical to success in any sport. We need lots more talent for sure. But what this team needs more than anything- its players, coaches and entire organization, is to get tougher and more accountable.

You could bring in 10 HOFers at multiple positions, but until this culture toughens up- I hate to say it- we should not expect much to change. The difference between a typical 8-8 season and a deep playoff run isn’t just talent. It’s a change in the culture. That’s the most important element Tom Brady brought to the Buccaneers this past year. Accountability and toughness. It matters a ton.

The difference in talent between teams winning SBs and those who only flirt with it, is usually the culture.

Exactly Bob. The entitled culture is the main issue. These players don’t respect the coaches. They are conditioned to know the buck starts and stops with Jones family. That is why I wanted to next coach to be a fearsome task master. This team underachieves every year. It hasn’t over achieved since Parcells. The reason is obvious.

Robster8989

Reaction score

Great thread and post.
Thank you Bob.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
Not sure why this is so difficult for some to grasp. The opposite of love is not hate - it's indifference.

People complain and continue to watch because they still care about the team, despite frustrations with how it is run. If they didn't care they wouldn't be here.

for some others seems to be pure hate and a complete defeatist attitude. Oh we will never win, Jerry does not want to win because he does not do what I want. boohoo