The Moves are Starting to Make Sense

Reaction score
Actual Safeties, quality OL's in the mid rounds, good rotational DT's, and now an actual 1st round NT.

I personally think it's MM, and that we are on the way to true contention. RB position worries me greatly as does the LB position in general, but overall we are looking good.
well, I'm liking what Quinn is doing with the defense. Jury is out on the offense where there's more hope going on than visible improvements. They're hoping Schotty has a new run blocking scheme that will make last year's anemic running game better without changing the personnel(?)

T-RO

Reaction score
make last year's anemic running game better
Nice Try.

In the first twelve games
Pollard/Davis rushes + Moore's offense = 168 carries at 5.6 yards per run.

Pure elite running game electricity. Absolutely prodigious rock-toting productivity.

Then in game 13 Steele goes down with no suitable backup. Pity Jerry coerced Kellen to give so many carries to an Ewok.

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
Actual Safeties, quality OL's in the mid rounds, good rotational DT's, and now an actual 1st round NT.

I personally think it's MM, and that we are on the way to true contention. RB position worries me greatly as does the LB position in general, but overall we are looking good.
McCarthy has been working a true NT for years now. Clearly, it was a want.
But we got serious the year McCarthy takes over for Moore.

I'm not so worried about RB because I assume we'll bring in another cheap vet to compete with Jones as the primary backup for Pollard.

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
Biadasz(Anyone who says he sucks needs to get rid of their football card. )
McGovern wasn't terrible. Steele is good, and Ball is yet to be seen, as well as Waletzgo.
Too many gave up too soon on Ball.
Looked bad in pass blocking, but good in run blocking. Not useless.

Biadasz doesn't suck, but he's not the caliber of guy we pay in free agency. I woulda liked a big C/G in the 2nd this year.

NT and C 1 and 2. The Dream of getting serious about the interior lines.

SimonM21

Reaction score
Too many gave up too soon on Ball.
Looked bad in pass blocking, but good in run blocking. Not useless.

Biadasz doesn't suck, but he's not the caliber of guy we pay in free agency. I woulda liked a big C/G in the 2nd this year.

NT and C 1 and 2. The Dream of getting serious about the interior lines.
Not useless, I agree. But it's not universal either. I think they want a versatile player.

Hi all!

Reaction score
Nice Try.

Pure elite running game electricity. Absolutely prodigious rock-toting productivity.

Then in game 13 Steele goes down with no suitable backup. Pity Jerry coerced Kellen to give so many carries to an Ewok.
lol, cherry-picking games, more of the same lameness,,, tell me how great Dak's stats are too while you're at it.

T-RO

Reaction score
lol, cherry-picking games, more of the same lameness,,, tell me how great Dak's stats are too while you're at it.
12 consecutive games of sheer dominant running game...that ain't cherry picking.

Starforever

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Nice Try.

Post is dripping with untruths. Davis/Pollard, first 12 games????

T-RO

Reaction score
Post is dripping with untruths. Davis/Pollard, first 12 games????
Does anyone here want me to post every single one of the carries Malik Davis and Tony Pollard carries over the first 12 games?

Does anyone want to test the math?

Malik had 21 carries
Pollard had 147
Jointly they averaged 5.7891156 yards per carry

Someone here has gotta leak and failure of truth. Who here is interested in seeing the facts?

Starforever

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Does anyone here want me to post every single one of the carries Malik Davis and Tony Pollard carries over the first 12 games?

Does anyone want to test the math?

Malik had 21 carries
Pollard had 147
Jointly they averaged 5.7891156 yards per carry

Someone here has gotta leak and failure of truth. Who here is interested in seeing the facts?
Did Mr. Elliott play any of the first 12 games? Just asking for one of those that don't like math.

diamonddelts

Reaction score

Don't worry about the RB position.The return of three yards and a cloud of dust will clear all that up immediately.

Pass2Run

Reaction score
You are correct. Overall they are a top 3 team in the NFC.
Top 3 in the NFL.

I do think we need better 3T's. I think Odighizuwa is a good rotational peice and solid starter, but I dont think he is a difference maker as an everydown guy. Fehoko is interesting long term, but he is still a project and probably not much more than an energy guy at the moment.

I think we could get their at the position, but whiffing in Hill and Gallimore hurt. I will 3 day 2 investments in back to back to back years shows that they are willing to spend at the position. Actually 4 in 4 years if Golston converts to 3T
Fehoko has a really high ceiling, as does Overshown.

T-RO

Reaction score
Did Mr. Elliott play any of the first 12 games? Just asking for one of those that don't like math.
You don't like math, but you felt confident you could accuse me of lying about the numbers? Interesting.

I excluded Zeke in the running stats I posted as EWOKs shouldn't be running footballs in the NFL. Explained that in Sunday's post.

I'll repeat the offer: anyone want to see the data...I'll post it. It was glorious running game...Historically great rushing with Pollard & Malik under Kellen Moore. Until, that is, Steele went down. Then it became ordinary.

Last edited:

CowboyoWales

Reaction score
You don't like math, but you felt confident you could accuse me of lying about the numbers? Interesting.

I excluded Zeke in the running stats I posted as EWOKs shouldn't be running footballs in the NFL. Explained that in Sunday's post.

I'll repeat the offer: anyone want to see the data...I'll post it. It was glorious running game...Historically great rushing with Pollard & Malik under Kellen Moore. Until, that is, Steele went down. Then it became ordinary.
I would expect Pollard to be the biggest 'loser' from Steele's injury. The eye says that the majority of Zeke's plays were front and center with little or no cuts.

T-RO

Reaction score
I would expect Pollard to be the biggest 'loser' from Steele's injury. The eye says that the majority of Zeke's plays were front and center with little or no cuts.
Yards-Per-Carry declined a lot for all 3 backs after Steele went down. But Zeke went from mediocre to worthless (2.4 yards per carry)

Whirlwin

Cowboy , It’s a way of life.
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
@kskboys is in love with the NT pick in the 1st round. As am I! Trust me.

The Cowboys finally got serious about filling that decade's long hole in our interior D-line. It should greatly help this team take the next jump.
:thumbup:
I want to know who it was, I told Jerry Jones to mind his business . Because this is not the same Cowboys administration. well, it’s the same people but not that run the same.

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
They're hoping Schotty has a new run blocking scheme that will make last year's anemic running game better
I thought he is the passing game coordinator?

As T-RO so accurately pointed out, last years running game was really good until Steele went down.

Starforever

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan

I just don't know how a sane individual would exclude the starting RB, and calculate with a roster fill, but I digress.