Video: The Movie Trailer thread

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Yes, indeed ... :flagwave:
a huge fan of Marvel comics.....
a huge fan of Marvel movie films .... .
a huge fan of Morbius the Living Vampire ....
a huge fan of Spiderman's most deadliest foes ....

- What could help the movie goers interested in Morbius the movie, but not familiar with the character, is he is not a true, " undead " vampire.
He's not one that has physically died and returned to walking earth as a vampire, in the traditional sense of vampires.

- As a biochemist, he had a rare blood disease and sought a cure thru a scientific experiment (involving bats) to cure his disease.
An experiment that of course went wrong and turned into a pseudo-vampire.
But like traditional vampire, he still needs to feed off living tissue blood.

- Just like Blade,..Morbius is considered a "pseudo-vampire "
Vampires that were created and originated through alternate means like science, mutations, or magic other than that of the Dark hold Evil Powers..

- While Morbius possesses many traditional vampire strengths, self-regeneration, minor hypnotic powers, gliding on air,
he does not have their same weaknesses towards the sun, garlic and religious artifacts.
He can regenerate injured tissue, but he is not invulnerable. If he has not consumed sufficient blood, Morbius’ body has difficulty repairing itself.

Nice! Thank you for that background on him. Despite being a huge Marvel comics guy myself (with over 3,000 comics in my basement to prove it), I’m not too familiar with the Morbius character.

For your sake as well as Jared Leto’s, I hope the film performs well. Maybe I’ll have to check it out in January?

quickccc

Reaction score
I take it you are a fan?

- Interesting enuff, i heard that there was talk of "introducing " Morbius in the final Blade Trinity film.(which ended up being a disappointment, imo)
But that plan never materialized.

- In the marvel comics, Blade fought Morbius occasionally and in one encounter Morbius bit Blade and turned him into a more vicious, savage blood-starving
blood sucker which he further struggled with uncontrollable urges.

- Normally Blade's own blood enzymes can help prevent him from such urges and infections but couldn't in this sense of Morbius' bite.

quickccc

Reaction score
Nice! Thank you for that background on him. Despite being a huge Marvel comics guy myself (with over 3,000 comics in my basement to prove it), I’m not too familiar with the Morbius character.

For your sake as well as Jared Leto’s, I hope the film performs well. Maybe I’ll have to check it out in January?

I myself had quite a huge collection of several brand of comics, (Marvel DC, Darkhorse, and several other independent comics) as well, before an unfortunate house fire ended that.
Because of this pandemic era, i initially was skeptical of how Marvel movies will do at the box office theaters.

But that ended when Black Widow shattered the box office numbers during this pandemic era, followed up by what Shang Chi- 10 Rings film flick smashed pass by Black Widow's Box numbers.
Just like Star Wars, ..Marvel has an utterly, enormously huge fan base, and the more popular the Marvel Character,.. the more popular the movie critic reviews, the more of a chance
of Box Office numbers.

That said, Venom's movie critic reviews were not that appealing, (which i could see why myself... Uugh!) but Marvel fans did not care as they have long been urging his own movie, and not
only did it have a decent turnout, but they even made a sequel to it.

i could go on with Marvel comics and movies, but i'll finish with saying with all due respect to DC comics and their own movies, they have and will come close to the level of success
that is Marvel in term of their huge expansion of characters ..or box office success. ... :cool:

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I myself had quite a huge collection of several brand of comics, (Marvel DC, Darkhorse, and several other independent comics) as well, before an unfortunate house fire ended that.
Because of this pandemic era, i initially was skeptical of how Marvel movies will do at the box office theaters.

But that ended when Black Widow shattered the box office numbers during this pandemic era, followed up by what Shang Chi- 10 Rings film flick smashed pass by Black Widow's Box numbers.
Just like Star Wars, ..Marvel has an utterly, enormously huge fan base, and the more popular the Marvel Character,.. the more popular the movie critic reviews, the more of a chance
of Box Office numbers.

That said, Venom's movie critic reviews were not that appealing, (which i could see why myself... Uugh!) but Marvel fans did not care as they have long been urging his own movie, and not
only did it have a decent turnout, but they even made a sequel to it.

i could go on with Marvel comics and movies, but i'll finish with saying with all due respect to DC comics and their own movies, they have and will come close to the level of success
that is Marvel in term of their huge expansion of characters ..or box office success. ... :cool:

:hammer::hammer::hammer:

VaqueroTD

Reaction score

Ain't No Way Home ya naughty Goblin punkins

So I recognize

-- Doctor Octopus and Green Goblin from Toby Maguire Spiderman movies
-- Shockguy (Jamie Foxx) and Lizard from the 2nd Spiderman movies

Did I miss anyone else?

Who is the guy they show at the very very beginning and later in the clip who is riding the aero plane, but it's not the green goblin. It's someone with glasses on though.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
So I recognize

Did I miss anyone else?

Who is the guy they show at the very very beginning and later in the clip who is riding the aero plane, but it's not the green goblin. It's someone with glasses on though.

Sandman is there too.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
So I recognize

Did I miss anyone else?

Couldn't tell, but it was probably Hobgoblin...and "Shock Guy" is Electro.

DoctorChicken

Reaction score

Robert Eggers' excellent first film The Witch was a slow burning, suspenseful horror, that was very faithful to tale of old. His second, The Lighthouse, was a mystery horror that relied on fear of the unknown and blunt, black and white cinematography, resting on the backs of the only two people who appear in the film - Robert Pattinson and Willem Dafoe.

His third looks completely different. The Northman looks star studded, hyper violent, and filled with action. I am very interested to see if this style works for him.

First poster is dope as hell too

edit WOW that is way bigger than I thought it would be

dtYZgMR.jpg

DoctorChicken

Reaction score

Definitely the most detailed trailer of this we've been given so far.

The cast definitely looks excellent. I just hope it's not trying to tell too many stories at once.

And FINALLY, a Batman who still has his eyeliner on when he takes off his mask. That stuff doesn't just disappear.

DoctorChicken

Reaction score
Cannot wait. This will be the first movie to pull me back to a theater in about 2 years .

I think this is going to be an interesting portrayal of Bruce Wayne. The actors who have played him so far have all done a good job at portraying the billionaire, witty, Lamborghini-driving playboy side. But in reality, Bruce is not a very mentally well individual. He’s depressed, obsessive, and doesn’t trust anyone.

I hope the director and Pattinson are able to capture both sides of his personality well.

SlammedZero

Reaction score
I think this is going to be an interesting portrayal of Bruce Wayne. The actors who have played him so far have all done a good job at portraying the billionaire, witty, Lamborghini-driving playboy side. But in reality, Bruce is not a very mentally well individual. He’s depressed, obsessive, and doesn’t trust anyone.

I hope the director and Pattinson are able to capture both sides of his personality well.
Yeah, I have been having this internal struggle with myself since this movie arrived on how I feel about Pattinson playing the role. Part of me has a hard time accepting it, but the other part of me is absolutely willing to give him a chance, and judging by the previews so far, I think I have reason to trust him. It looks great. As you mentioned, he comes across as a very broken down Bruce Wayne/Batman. The entire movie seems to have a darker tone to it and I'm all for it! Can't wait.