Video: The Movie Trailer thread

The Ominous

Dead Man Stalkin
Reaction score
Agreed, but it's not merely a matter of inaccuracies.

If one is sympathetic to communism...the events of the film are treated one way. If one views communism as the ideological sibling of facsism and the source of 100 million deaths...the film's treatment of events would be very different. The arcs of the narrative, interpretation of characters and their motives shift wildly based on world views.

Same for the justification (or not) of the bomb and it's utilization in WW2.

No question the movie is superbly crafted and acted... riveting...award winning. Whether one learns the meta thru the viewing...is another open question.

I was a history major @UCLA and can confirm: the victor tells it as they see it/wish it. And that can be extended: whoever has the commercial and cultural clout in a society often tells history however the hell they want.
I've said this before here. Im born and raised in New Mexico. My Great Grand Parents and their 3 daughters lived and worked at Los Alamos for the Manhattan project. My great grandparents both died of the same rarest form of brain cancer. My great grandmother was at the trinity launch.

They actually called it "Operation Tea Cup" and they used Disney cartoon images as proof she went through the mushroom cloud.

nobody

Reaction score

They did a ghost hunters aboard the Queen Mary. Way back in the 80s we went and ate at the restaurant on the ship. I had no idea it was haunted. o_O Apparently one of the most haunted locations in the country..

https://www.travelandleisure.com/hotels-resorts/most-haunted-hotel-america-queen-mary

Eh, I think they're full of ship. ;)

I'm not discounting the paranormal, but in cases like that, I tend to believe that overactive imagination, normal settling noises, and most likely both infrasound and bad wiring producing em fields we can feel that make us unsettled is the explanation here.

The Ominous

Dead Man Stalkin
Reaction score
I’m interested to see what the reactions are from all the people who will watch it because Zac Efron is in it, not knowing what the film is about. I’m sure it will be a devastating movie to watch.
Yeah, if they really go all out on the specifics, this is going to be a really rough watch. It looks fantastic still though.

kmp77

Reaction score

I grew up watching this show and loved it. I dunno, i'll watch it. It's kinda the same but deviates a bit. I really liked the 21 Jump Street movies even though those were turned into comedies. He has the original truck in the movie but at some point has a modern version, which is nowhere near as cool.