Video: The Movie Trailer thread

SlammedZero

Reaction score
Not sure I like the actor playing Wonka. I doubt anyone will ever come close to Gene Wilder. The only person I can think of who could have had a chance is Robin Williams.

The last bit, with the Oompa Loompa was pretty good though.
I was going to comment the same thing. Based off the preview, I'm just not feeling that actor in that role.

DoctorChicken

Reaction score
Not sure I like the actor playing Wonka. I doubt anyone will ever come close to Gene Wilder. The only person I can think of who could have had a chance is Robin Williams.

The last bit, with the Oompa Loompa was pretty good though.

I think he has the acting chops. He was really good in Dune and Call Me By Your Name, and Dune Part 2 looks amazing.

It will be seen whether he can effectively portray Wonka. I’m sure it’s an honor to be cast in such a beloved role.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

Having Ellen Burstyn in the film, for ANY length of time, makes me really want to see this version. I am a harsh critic for what some define as horror though. The original remains at the top of my list. I would be disappointed if this latest take on the continuing story is more tease than psychological terror.

joseephuss

Reaction score
Having Ellen Burstyn in the film, for ANY length of time, makes me really want to see this version. I am a harsh critic for what some define as horror though. The original remains at the top of my list. I would be disappointed if this latest take on the continuing story is more tease than psychological terror.
Linda Blair is rumored to be in it as well.

Big_D

Reaction score
Thank. I read that rumor a couple of months ago. Time reveals all.
I read there would be a small cameo. If you blink you’ll probably miss it. lol but she is not listed with the cast.

The Ominous

Dead Man Stalkin
Reaction score
All biopics have some historical inaccuracies. Oppenheimer will still win Best Picture, Best Director and Best Actor. Robert Downey Jr and Emily Blunt might bring home some Gold as well.

T-RO

Reaction score
The original remains at the top of my list. I would be disappointed if this latest take on the continuing story is more tease than psychological terror.
Just a hunch: it will be a hollow facsimile of the original. Halloween is coming and they churn these out every year for a few million dollars.

T-RO

Reaction score
All biopics have some historical inaccuracies. Oppenheimer will still win Best Picture, Best Director and Best Actor. Robert Downey Jr and Emily Blunt might bring home some Gold as well.
Agreed, but it's not merely a matter of inaccuracies.

If one is sympathetic to communism...the events of the film are treated one way. If one views communism as the ideological sibling of facsism and the source of 100 million deaths...the film's treatment of events would be very different. The arcs of the narrative, interpretation of characters and their motives shift wildly based on world views.

Same for the justification (or not) of the bomb and it's utilization in WW2.

No question the movie is superbly crafted and acted... riveting...award winning. Whether one learns the meta thru the viewing...is another open question.

I was a history major @UCLA and can confirm: the victor tells it as they see it/wish it. And that can be extended: whoever has the commercial and cultural clout in a society often tells history however the hell they want.

triplets_93

Reaction score
Due to popular demand, “Oppenheimer” has extended its 70mm run at Imax theaters nationwide through the end of August.

The previous end date, which was already an extension of the film’s original run in Imax 70mm format, was Aug. 17. Tickets for Christopher Nolan’s atomic bomb drama are already on sale through Aug. 31 at some Imax theaters, as exhibitors will make them available on a rolling basis.

https://variety.com/2023/film/news/oppenheimer-imax-70mm-extended-tickets-1235689899/