The nerve is officially firing***merged***

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
Well, at least we got some specific info this time as to the progress he's made in being able to lift his toes. I would assume he wasn't able to do that before, so it bodes well for him and the team as a sign of recovery. Hopefully, we'll be hearing more of this good news as we approach the upcoming season.

DenCWBY

Reaction score
I'm of the mind of ...show me, don't tell me because I have been told both versions (it is or is not firing) too many times now.

We will find out as the season goes along.
:hammer:I know we have many doctors in the house however let's just see/judge his overall performance on the field.

Verdict

Reaction score
Ummmm. buried in the article:

Smith can now lift up his toes and he can lift his foot. More good news. What no one knows is when or if the nerve will completely return to normal. Internally, the Cowboys continue to minimize expectations and know he has a ways to go. Nevermind that he missed football last year and must catch up on the field.

I hope that they actually do approach it this way. Jaylon needs to progress naturally, no matter how long it takes, even if he has to sit out the entire year.

It would be really careless to try to force his progression and cause additional injury to him, which would actually set back the process. If he can move his toes and lift his foot the chances of him getting full functionality at some point would seem to be likely. We could have the use of this player for 10 years. It is not worth risking his health over one additional season.

Having said all of the foregoing, I think his progression will increase at an increasing rate. I think it is just a meater of time until he regains full functionality.

MileyDancer

Reaction score
Some of you in here would rather be right about him never getting healthy over being wrong and him being a good player. Grow tf up Francis
Stop. Nobody here wants the guy to never live up to the hype he has. Some of us just aren't wearing rose-colored glasses about it.