The next Defensive Coordinator will be?

Who will be the new Defensive Coordinator?

• Ron Rivera

Votes: 16 5.9%
  • Aden Durde

Votes: 9 3.3%
  • Mike Zimmer

Votes: 203 75.2%
  • Wink Martindale

Votes: 14 5.2%
  • Al Harris

Votes: 6 2.2%
  • Other (state who in thread)

Votes: 22 8.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Gambit

Reaction score
I chose other hear me out.

Jerry knows he's going to lose fans and interest. So he is going to do something never done before.

He will have an online poll and have fans vote on each play before then have that relayed into the green dot wearer.

This will keep him relevant and ensure not only fan engagement but the novel nature will drive even more people to watch the games on TV

Big_D

Reaction score
I got my money on Aden just because this front office is that stupid....and trying to put on a face that they are ahead of the curve....taking some low level international guy....and turning him into some super coach....and this is their "creation"....

Please spare me with the BS.... :banghead:

Jerry probably loves the British accent and an overly enthusiastic interview. You know it's very possible that they can in fact be that stupid. It won't even be a surprise. I'm just wondering what happens to the assistants if they hire a guy like Zimmer?

Aven8

Reaction score
Looks like reports from Broaddus, Zimmer let him know the interview was over but he couldn’t read McCarthy
I said this in my thread earlier as well. Obviously Broaddus has Zimm’s number as he had just texted him while they were on air.

Very strange…..maybe Mike has someone he likes? Can’t imagine it’s Rivera either.

XXLMike

Reaction score
Do you know it wouldn’t surprise me if Durde got the job.

I don’t recall where I saw it, but it might’ve been NFL network in the off-season and maybe last year or the year before and there was somebody who was talking about this guy and they say anybody who meets him is absolutely blown away by him - despite being English.

High IQ guy - hard worker .

NDGAEDE

Reaction score
Went with a dark horse in Wink. Probably Zimmer but whatever

J817

Reaction score
I’m going with Vrabel. Only because I want that to happen.
It’s not. Not because it’s a bad hire, but because of the look. It will be Phillips / Garrett thing all over again. Can’t expect players to respect the HC when his potential replacement is down the hall.

Aven8

Reaction score
Who has not signed an extension and is lame duck right now. The very minute there is adversity. controversy will start to develop.
And that will be his fault? Not likely

Bagman

Reaction score
Its just ridiculous that here we are, 4 weeks removed from our annual playoff ouster, and we're STILL trying to sort out the DC position. Then add in the indignity of a HORRIBLE list of candidates. I've never seen a couple of billionaires take so long to do something mediocre.

Status
Not open for further replies.