The next Defensive Coordinator will be?

Who will be the new Defensive Coordinator?

• Ron Rivera

Votes: 16 5.9%
  • Aden Durde

Votes: 9 3.3%
  • Mike Zimmer

Votes: 203 75.2%
  • Wink Martindale

Votes: 14 5.2%
  • Al Harris

Votes: 6 2.2%
  • Other (state who in thread)

Votes: 22 8.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Aven8

Reaction score
If you mean Zimmer, no, he is not. He's the very definition of mediocre. Check his records. His defenses have never won a championships ans we are supposed to be going all-in, right? You don't go all-in with a guy who's never won jack in over 20 years.

Plus, he sucked very badly as defensive coordinator when he was here. Those defenses were all time bad.
I meant our HC

Floatyworm

The Labeled One
Reaction score
I was sure they are hiring Zimmer. Now I am starting to think it's Rivera. Yikes.
Don't worry.....it's gonna be a disaster regardless who they hire....and the real guy in charge will be working hard behind the scenes....

Ben Dover

Staubacher

Reaction score
Don't worry.....it's gonna be a disaster regardless who they hire....and the real guy in charge will be working hard behind the scenes....

Ben Dover
What do you mean? Running it back with a lame duck HC, an exposed fake leader QB, and a new DC with the same worn out tools isn't going to work?

Doomsday

Rising Star
Reaction score
Zimmer has been pretty successful vs the Shanahan coaching tree as well. Seems like a no brainer to me.

bigdnlaca

Reaction score
For fun, I picked Al Harris but I wanted to pick other. I don’t think the next DC will be someone that wants to be a HC in the next year or two.

I can see Harris being a DC and having a “consultant” who probably can’t be an official NFL coach but be available when season start and help Harris (eg: Wade Phillips).

Mannix

Reaction score
I'm waiting for someone to say Bill Bates...they can hand out lunch pails to every defensive player, and instruct them to be gritty.

nate dizzle

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
I was nearly certain that Zimmer would be our retread. Now I'm thinking Ryan may get the honor of being our retread.

Rowdy1

Reaction score
It will most likely be Zimmer lol. I would have rather kept DQ than go full retread mode for comfort reasons.

Rayman70

Reaction score
It's gonna be Rivera or Durde. I'm throwing darts but Durde gives Jerry a guy that might stick with the same DQ type scheme which means not much needs to be changed. Rivera will go along to get along. Both would be the path of least resistance or change . Just my take.

Rayman70

Reaction score
It will most likely be Zimmer lol. I would have rather kept DQ than go full retread mode for comfort reasons.
I don't think so. Zimmer will want his guys in there. Not sure Jerry or McCarthy will do it. I think Durde or Rivera realistically.

Kwyn

Reaction score
Its just ridiculous that here we are, 4 weeks removed from our annual playoff ouster, and we're STILL trying to sort out the DC position. Then add in the indignity of a HORRIBLE list of candidates. I've never seen a couple of billionaires take so long to do something mediocre.
It’s been less than a week since the job became vacant. They don’t have a Time Machine.

Big_D

Reaction score
It's gonna be Rivera or Durde. I'm throwing darts but Durde gives Jerry a guy that might stick with the same DQ type scheme which means not much needs to be changed. Rivera will go along to get along. Both would be the path of least resistance or change . Just my take.

I don't like the Durde idea at all. The potential is there for him down the line a ways, but the resume is very meager and now is certainly not the time for a learning curve DC.

DasTex

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Jerry loves Zimmer
If he's the hire, probably a good chance he's the next HC too :confused:

RoboQB

Reaction score
Over 50 votes in and not one for Martindale.
I'm late to the game here. I just voted.
"Don't Blink Hire Wink"

Someone actually said his defense was, um, wait a sec,
too aggressive. Yep, too aggressive. When I'm thinking
of defense, I don't believe I've ever put those two words
together....lol/smh

Status
Not open for further replies.