The next few months with Dak are going to interesting

Sydla

Reaction score
You can restructure Dak and not extend him

I bet that’s what happens
How?

He's on the last year of his deal. You'd have to create dummy years which is just pushing the cap hit further down the road.

EDIT: I am not even sure league rules allow you to try to restructure a contract in it's last year.

nate dizzle

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
eagles fans on here wanting us to extend the choker. you can't make this crap up.
Starting to think you're on to something there. I can see how some are so dug in they might still defend him, but to be cheering for this dude to get an extension that is going to further anchor this team...well that just smacks of being a rival fan.

I know a lot of Giants fans in my hometown that are ecstatic of them bringing everyone back. As miserable as they are about their own team, this makes sure we don't win anything while they rebuild.

kskboys

Reaction score
Dak getting extending is Dak over Dallas fans Super Bowl.

Any fan you see gloating about a Dak extension are Dak fans, not Cowboys fans.
And are not interested in winning a super bowl.

And it's not so much that I'm against Dak, you simply cannot pay an average QB top QB money and expect to play in a super bowl. Ask Minny.

Sydla

Reaction score
I'm aware of your Dak love but you have a better chance of being hit with a meteorite than Dak getting a massive extension!
LOL

This is why you are one of the board's biggest dopes. I have Dak love? That's going to come as a surprise to many posters here.

Further, I deal in facts. Dak is due a $5MM roster bonus on the 5th day of the 2024 league year (sometime in early to mid March). There is no chance the Cowboys would willingly pay him $5MM more dollars to then want to cut him later.

kskboys

Reaction score
What did CeeDee say? I didn't catch his postgame presser.

What did Micah say?
I agree.

At present, looking at CD's actions on the sidelines, I cannot conclude anything other than he was unhappy w/ Dak. What else could it have been?

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
It’s going to be the next few years with Dak so a lot of you better get used to it. :thumbup:

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
LOL

This is why you are one of the board's biggest dopes. I have Dak love? That's going to come as a surprise to many posters here.

Further, I deal in facts. Dak is due a $5MM roster bonus on the 5th day of the 2024 league year (sometime in early to mid March). There is no chance the Cowboys would willingly pay him $5MM more dollars to then want to cut him later.
5 million is chump change compared to what poor old Jerry has paid already.

bigE79

Reaction score
I'm loving in.

I wish someone would get a comment from dak but he's still running. He ran into the locker room and the last anyone saw of him was him running down the interstate with his mouth wide open and tears running down his face.
I'd love to hear his reaction to CDs moms tweet cause you damn well know he saw it and I'm sure most of the other players did also.. there's no joy in mudville tonight,the mighty dak stuck out.

Sydla

Reaction score
5 million is chump change compared to what poor old Jerry has paid already.
Hahahaha.

So to be clear, you think the Cowboys will take an additional $5MM cap hit despite the fact they apparently plan on cutting him later?

Aven8

Reaction score
Lol…..Jerry is not getting rid of Dak. All he’s sees is 36 TD’s and most likely the runner up for the MVP.

Stephen on the other hand MAYBE like the fans, but he won’t be able to get in the way of his father on this.

Dak will be extended, and Lamb will sign a mega contract.

Sorry to burst your bubble folks. The only possible way I could see this changing is if Mike is convinced that Lance is ready. Unfortunately, the timing on that trade was awful and he most likely hasn’t had an opportunity to see him enough.

kskboys

Reaction score
Lol…..Jerry is not getting rid of Dak. All he’s sees is 36 TD’s and most likely the runner up for the MVP.

Stephen on the other hand MAYBE like the fans, but he won’t be able to get in the way of his father on this.

Dak will be extended, and Lamb will sign a mega contract.

Sorry to burst your bubble folks. The only possible way I could see this changing is if Mike is convinced that Lance is ready. Unfortunately, the timing on that trade was awful and he most likely hasn’t had an opportunity to see him enough.
Unfortunately, prolly true. I expect Dak to get extended at over 50 mil/season. And then we'll sign a CB to a 30 mil/season deal. So we can continue to win 12 games and lose in the 1st round.