The next few months with Dak are going to interesting

Sydla

Reaction score
Your propensity for stating the obvious is now noted!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I mean its hard not to. In one post he claimed I was a Dak fan (LOL) and that the Cowboys would willingly pay more money and eat more cap space just to cut him.

I never really paid attention to him in the past but now that I've seen it up close, I see why people make fun of him all the time.

alicetooljam

Reaction score
If interesting is him being extended. It is what it is and some of yall are in denial.

Praxit

Reaction score
....geez, I was a devout with Dak. But after this game. ??????????

All kinds of ruminating questions linger. That he just MIGHT NOT have the tools to go any further.

When do you finally, smarten up and play better ball? At least in post season, when it counts.

kskboys

Reaction score
I mean its hard not to. In one post he claimed I was a Dak fan (LOL) and that the Cowboys would willingly pay more money and eat more cap space just to cut him.

I never really paid attention to him in the past but now that I've seen it up close, I see why people make fun of him all the time.
Yeah, if you take him for the laughingstock he is, he's simply entertaining in a really pathetic way. He's like Billy Bob in Bad Santa.

SwagSurfer

Reaction score
Jerry's expressions and reactions. I thought it was quite obvious that Jerry is questioning himself on Dak.
He has those expressions all the time. What specific reaction made u think he soured on Dak. He just said Dak is going to take this team to a superbowl.

links18

Reaction score
"Not extending Dak also has a trickle down effect. Because with our cap situation, if Dak can't provide cap savings, then you are going to have to find it elsewhere which means likely restructuring guys you normally would avoid and/or you go cheaper than you normally do in FA."

It's possible to go cheaper than we normally do in FA? What's that look like?

kskboys

Reaction score
He has those expressions all the time. What specific reaction made u think he soured on Dak. He just said Dak is going to take this team to a superbowl.
His reaction after the game indicates he might have. No clear items, simply indications.

alicetooljam

Reaction score
"Not extending Dak also has a trickle down effect. Because with our cap situation, if Dak can't provide cap savings, then you are going to have to find it elsewhere which means likely restructuring guys you normally would avoid and/or you go cheaper than you normally do in FA."

It's possible to go cheaper than we normally do in FA? What's that look like?
Injury ridden and has beens to camp fodder.

JBS

Reaction score
How?

He's on the last year of his deal. You'd have to create dummy years which is just pushing the cap hit further down the road.

EDIT: I am not even sure league rules allow you to try to restructure a contract in it's last year.
He has 2 dummy years on his contract already ..25 and 26

Sydla

Reaction score
He has 2 dummy years on his contract already ..25 and 26
I wasn't sure you could restructure the final year of a contract but apparently you can. So you are right, that's an option.

coachharden

Reaction score
eagles fans on here wanting us to extend the choker. you can't make this crap up.
Right?.....We are witnessing for the 28th time, a full football management failure from this franchise. It goes beyond comprehension and reason. Everything you think they should do, they avoid. Everything you believe they should not do, they support. Out of psychological preservation, fans should leave this mess behind after 28 seasons (with no change in sight) and root for either your second favorite team or other until something at the ownership level changes.
Picture this.... You attempt something 28 times...28!.....and don't learn anything from your previous attempts. It's maddening to think about. Out.

kskboys

Reaction score
Right?.....We are witnessing for the 28th time, a full football management failure from this franchise. It goes beyond comprehension and reason. Everything you think they should do, they avoid. Everything you believe they should not do, they support. Out of psychological preservation, fans should leave this mess behind after 28 seasons (with no change in sight) and root for either your second favorite team or other until something at the ownership level changes.
Picture this.... You attempt something 28 times...28!.....and don't learn anything from your previous attempts. It's maddening to think about. Out.
2012 draft synopsis: "This draft is loaded w/ quality DT prospects. If a team has a need in that area, this draft would be a good time to go get some talent there."

Jerry: "I don't see the need at DT, let's trade up for a CB."

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
You mean the next few months of us pointing out that nothing has changed from previous years?

We all know that deep down you know many of us are/were right. You probably also admit, deep down, that bringing back McCarthy is probably just another wasted year. But you struggle to admit many of these realities. Your brain is wired to accept and defend whatever Jerry shovels at you.
Right you are, govnor, right you are.

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
2012 draft synopsis: "This draft is loaded w/ quality DT prospects. If a team has a need in that area, this draft would be a good time to go get some talent there."

Jerry: "I don't see the need at DT, let's trade up for a CB."
Maybe a DT from Michigan.

Chasing6

Reaction score
As we all know, he's in the last year of his contract and has a massive cap hit of nearly $60MM. As the regular season was rolling, the accepted belief was that Jerry/Stephen would extend him and lower that cap hit for 2024. But then the playoff happened. And now, you are seeing some people wonder if Jerry will, in fact, extend him or rather, like McCarthy, let him play out the year on that last year almost as a try out.

Now, Dak could end up playing at his cap number in 2024 either because Jerry didn't want to extend him OR Dak and his agent were just over the top in any negotiations. If it's Jerry that decides to hold off on an extension, whew boy, that's giant neon sign about what Jerry really thinks about Dak. There is no chance you let what you think is a franchise QB play out his final year unless you have some doubts.

Not extending Dak also has a trickle down effect. Because with our cap situation, if Dak can't provide cap savings, then you are going to have to find it elsewhere which means likely restructuring guys you normally would avoid and/or you go cheaper than you normally do in FA. You likely end up with a roster worse than this one.

I believe he'll get extended. But if he doesn't whew boy, that's going to be interesting times around this board.
Nothing has changed. The commitment to extend Dak was made once they signed his last contract. Jerry is backed into a corner and Dak and his agent are holding all the cards.

StylisticS

Reaction score
Prepare yourself for disappointment.

There is ZERO chance he's getting cut. ZERO.

If they were going to cut him, even as a June 1 cut, they'd do it in early March. Why? Because he's due a $5MM roster bonus on the 5th or 7th day of the league year. It would be stupid to have that roster bonus kick in AND THEN cut him causing to have to eat $5MM more in dead money.
Yep. Whatever decision they make will have to come by mid March so basically six weeks. That’s a short file from now so this will be an interesting six weeks. I also expect an extension. I will absolutely hate it but I think it’s coming. If by late March he isn’t signed or he simply was restructured, what a glorious 2024 this could be.

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
No way Dak gets an extension.
Between the fan base and the locker room, he is either a post-June 1st cut or he plays out the final lame-duck year on his contract.
How soon do some of you forget the Tomato cans he whips on and his failures against real teams?
You seem to have forgotten who runs this team. Dak has shown he can make the playoffs. Playoffs give Jerry hope (no matter that Dak flops).

Jerry isn't going to cut a QB that gets him to the playoffs for a roll of the dice, and risk going 5-12. The old wildcatter is just an old man now.

Before you respond like I agree with Jerry, I do not. But if you think he's cutting Dak or letting him walk you're engaging in wishful thinking.