The next two are important games for Dak

ActualCowboysFan

Reaction score
That's only if you don't know football.

Wentz had a more impressive season than Prescott last year. He had crap around him, almost no training camp, no preseason, he didn't even know he'd be starting last year until just before the games started counting. He still performed admirably.

Put Prescott in that same situation and he folds like a cheap suit.

It only gets worse from here.
Your boy is on pace for 16 picks and 24 fumbles. And that's without counting for the 4 dropped picks against an atrocious Skins defense.

waving monkey

Reaction score
There's an underlying, subtle current that must be overcome asap.

Last year, Dak Prescott came out on fire. He won the hearts and minds of Cowboys fans, and took center stage as the best quarterback in last year's draft. GMs are still probably getting grilled on why they let this talent slip four whole rounds. Higher drafted QBs stumbled while he picked up stride.

That was then. Now, the tide has turned a bit.

Jared Goff is starting to look like a first-round pick. Carson Wentz is improving slow and steady. Their futures look brighter today than they did six months ago.

Meanwhile, Dak has leveled off, perhaps even slipped a bit. The NFL, no matter who you are, will figure you out and adjust. It's up to every player, especially quarterbacks, to adjust to that adjustment. The cat-and-mouse game never stops.

Dak played well the second half of the Packer playoff game, but that is sandwiched between some less-than-awesome outings. Not horrible, but not great either. We're still waiting for that arrow to start trending upward again.

The next two games are important to Dak. The Cardinals and Rams have decent defenses, and no doubt they'll throw some fronts and tight coverages at him like he saw against the Broncos. Good defenses - Minn, NY, Philly, for example - have been able to bottle up Dak.

He's young and resourceful, and full of positive energy and work ethic. No doubt he's on it right now.

But he's got to throw teams out of these fronts so the offense can hum like it should. That's not scheme or playcalling. That's on the quarterback to recognize and find weakness.

This season depends on Dak's ability to take these important next steps.
I agree

waving monkey

Reaction score

Wentz had a more impressive season than Prescott last year. He had crap around him, almost no training camp, no preseason, he didn't even know he'd be starting last year until just before the games started counting. He still performed admirably.

I enjoy your loyalty its cute

Floatyworm

The Labeled One
Reaction score
Don't sweat it erod, Dak struggles this week, we'll just pull Romo out of the booth!

I told you people the real starting QB was sitting on the bench...carrying out the vanilla game plans during the pre-season....yet no one wanted to believe me.

We have a QB controversy...:rolleyes:

kellen-moore.jpg

WillieBeamen

BoysfanfromNY
Reaction score

Wentz had a more impressive season than Prescott last year.
He had crap around him, almost no training camp, no preseason, he didn't even know he'd be starting last year until just before the games started counting. He still performed admirably.

Lol :laugh:

Arkyvarminter

Reaction score

Wishful thinking is all this is. Why don't you go over to the eagles board and stay there, wentz lover..........

ActualCowboysFan

Reaction score
I can admit when other teams have better players.
Obviously not. If you think Wentz had a more impressive season because he didn't know he was the starting QB until just before the games were starting then you might not know as much about the Cowboys as you think since of course the same was true of Dak. The difference was in how they responded to that.

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Obviously not. If you think Wentz had a more impressive season because he didn't know he was the starting QB until just before the games were starting then you might not know as much about the Cowboys as you think since of course the same was true of Dak. The difference was in how they responded to that.

The inferior Prescott knew he was starting and he had a full training camp, a full preseason and a much, much better supporting cast to the superior Wentz.

You can Rowdy all you want. The NFL world knows. Prescott falls apart in that same situation. He would have been asked to be the man and we've seen he can't. He doesn't have the talent. I knew that all along. You're just learning it.

Children read this and think I'm happy about it. Adults read it as a fan admitting what he sees as the obvious. They have a better QB. A much better one. We have a fraud who has to be hidden around great talent.

So on a team that already has to overcome it's GM and head coach you can now add QB to that list too.

I'm not happy about it. I'm just right about it.

Now respond back so I can scroll past your nonsense.

Kevinicus

Reaction score
Is it 1026 again? This sounds like something that was posted at least once a week last season. Every week last year was a "big test" for Dak. It's time to just let Dak be Dak. He'll have good games and he'll have bad games just like every other NFL quarterback.

No it wasn't. That is just something people pretended was a thing. It was a bad joke.

ActualCowboysFan

Reaction score
The inferior Prescott knew he was starting and he had a full training camp, a full preseason and a much, much better supporting cast to the superior Wentz.

You can Rowdy all you want. The NFL world knows. Prescott falls apart in that same situation. He would have been asked to be the man and we've seen he can't. He doesn't have the talent. I knew that all along. You're just learning it.

Children read this and think I'm happy about it. Adults read it as a fan admitting what he sees as the obvious. They have a better QB. A much better one. We have a fraud who has to be hidden around great talent.

So on a team that already has to overcome it's GM and head coach you can now add QB to that list too.

I'm not happy about it. I'm just right about it.

Now respond back so I can scroll past your nonsense.
I don't know about the whole NFL world, but I do know that anyone hovering around 40 turnovers per season ain't long for it. Fun watching him "not fall apart" by throwing another game away Sunday. How many is that for old Wontz?

SlammedZero

Reaction score
I think the narrative on teams "adjusting" to Dak is played out and overrated. Do people think defenses were not trying to do that all of last season as he cruised his team to a 13-3 record?

Dak has played some good defenses out of the gate. Give him some time. It would help if the offense around him could make some plays.

KB1122

Reaction score
Ultimately, elite quarterbacks beat other elite quarterbacks and elite defenses in playoff games. That's the measuring stick. The jury is still out on Dak. I'll be happy to see him succeed. But I'll be honest if I think he isn't there.

KB1122

Reaction score
And I think we should bring another young quarterback in to push/compete with him. Manziel, Kaepernick, or the draft. I think Manziel is the best bet for the moment. I haven't looked at the draft.

I just think you should aggressively churn the quarterback position until you are certain you have an elite guy. That was our mistake with Romo. The Joneses got overcommitted to the wrong player.

I mean, Roger had to compete against all sorts of guys.

shabazz

Reaction score
Romo ain't coming out of that booth, being in middle-aged daddy shape like it's nothing.
Sorry fellas.

This doesn't have to be a zero sum situation. Why would anyone think that Romo would be the only option. Why not Cooper Rush? Why not trade low energy Dez for a QB? Why not draft a QB? As we very well could wind up having a good draft position.