Twitter: The NFL determines that Kazee delivered a clean hit

Echo9

Erik_H
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Before we all get up in arms about this, remember that Schultz clearly fumbled a ball where he was wrongly called for stopped forward progress earlier in the game. With stopped forward progress as the call, Carolina couldn't even challenge it. What would have been a turnover turned into a Dallas Touchdown in that drive.

This BS call evened it out.

MarcusRock

Reaction score
I don’t think he left his feet. He was just in a running motion and it looked that way

I think he did leave his feet but didn't lead with his helmet.

Either way, we got away with saving Schultz' fumble this game and this helmet to helmet last season from Donovan Wilson. Got credit for the turnover too so it all evens out over time.

DWil-1xx.gif

Ranched

"We Are Penn State"
Reaction score
That's great. Now the NFL needs to work on games that were lost due to horrific calls. Dez famously caught a pass comes to mind, only to have said catch overturned & the Cowboys would subsequently lose the game. The referee that day, Gene Steratore, who eventually came out & admitted it was a catch. :mad:

LandryFan

Proud Native Texan, USMC-1972-79, USN-1983-2000
Reaction score
Could make it reviewable….and a full time officiating crew…just sayin…
I would at least allow the HC to challenge penalties if they so choose. Challenge rules apply…lose the challenge, lose a TO.

MarcusRock

Reaction score
That's great. Now the NFL needs to work on games that were lost due to horrific calls. Dez famously caught a pass comes to mind, only to have said catch overturned & the Cowboys would subsequently lose the game. The referee that day, Gene Steratore, who eventually came out & admitted it was a catch. :mad:

No he didn't. He defended the call that day and beyond because it was correctly called per the rules at the time. Show a link.

JayFord

Reaction score
im not accecpting this

it was a clean hit Sunday and he went shoulder to shoulder just because it was a violent crash does not make it illegal and they scored a td after

fix it in game and review calls like that immediatly because football is a contact sport and its his job to dislodge the ball by any legal means

CT Dal Fan

Reaction score
Between Kazee getting flagged for no reason, the non-call for the helmet removal in the Tampa Bay game that could have affected the outcome, the phantom tripping calls at New England in 2019, Zeke getting a six game ban in 2017 while Deshaun Watson is still on a roster, and the rules committee deciding five years later that Dez caught it, I really wonder what Jerry Jones did to piss off Roger Goodell.

Yes, I am joking. Kind of. Sort of. Ah heck with it, I see a conspiracy against the Cowboys.

CT Dal Fan

Reaction score
That play was very quick in real time
Blowing the rules is different than interpreting a bang bang play in real time

Agreed. At home we get instant replays from multiple angles in slow motion. The officials get one full speed look and have to make a judgment call.

Game changing penalties should not be made based on judgment calls; which is why this needs to be added to the reviewable plays list.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Before we all get up in arms about this, remember that Schultz clearly fumbled a ball where he was wrongly called for stopped forward progress earlier in the game. With stopped forward progress as the call, Carolina couldn't even challenge it. What would have been a turnover turned into a Dallas Touchdown in that drive.

This BS call evened it out.
Debbie Downer appears. But you’re correct.