The NFL hates St. Brown

visionary

Reaction score
It’s weird but I start thinking every year that teams are out to **** us in the draft. Philly moving up to grab Goedert at 49 right before us just proved it for me.

That happened because this organization can't keep a secret

Philly would not have traded up had they not heard that Witten was going to retire

Proof

Reaction score
I would have really liked to have snagged this kid anywhere after the fourth. definitely in the 6th / 7th

He'll prolly flourish in GB.

Sydla

Reaction score
And you know this, how exactly?

Of course they will deny it after the fact

Well two guys in the press who aren't really tied to the Cowboys said it. A few minutes before the Cowboys even picked and the Eagles moved up, the OL coach was in the room talking with them before he then left.

But hey, if you want to believe Philly screwed us, have at it.

visionary

Reaction score
Well two guys in the press who aren't really tied to the Cowboys said it. A few minutes before the Cowboys even picked and the Eagles moved up, the OL coach was in the room talking with them before he then left.

But hey, if you want to believe Philly screwed us, have at it.

The cowboys were obviously trying to keep this from coming out

Jerry said that "Witten had not made a decision and would think about it over the weekend "

Hmmm....

This had obviously been going on for a while so why "think about it over the weekend"?

What was happening over the weekend? I wonder

We'll never know what really happened but it's not an unreasonable assumption any more than your assertion that the cowboys were not going to take a TE at that pick

BrAinPaiNt

Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
And you know this, how exactly?

Of course they will deny it after the fact

You guys kill me.

they were already on the phone with Williams, Already Clapping and happy with the pick. The Oline Coach had already been in the room.

Philly Trades up in front of Dallas and picks The TE...NOBODY in the war room cam looked upset what so ever. They were already congratulating each other for their pick.

If you watch the Green room reaction of Williams you will hear that ex philly kicker in his prepubescent voice doing his best to flame the Cowboys in the background.

I know some of you just LOVE any narrative that makes it look like the Cowboys bungled something or some other team got the best of them but that was NOT the case in this situation.

They even admitted that the Eagles got them LAST draft. They were going to take the RB Donnel Pumphrey from San Diego State but the ealges jumped in front of them and took him.
Jerry when talking about this even went on to say something interesting which I would only imagined played into what happened...He said, they jumped up and took Pumphrey and when they did we had to take Switzer...notice the word HAD to take Switzer. And of course Switzer was traded to the Raiders to reunite with his and teh cowboys former ST coach.

So please...stop with this silly hahaha attitude that the Eagles jumped up and took the player we wanted when that is not true and furthermore try to belittle anyone that tries to tell you it is not true.