The NFL hates St. Brown

visionary

Reaction score
You guys kill me.

they were already on the phone with Williams, Already Clapping and happy with the pick. The Oline Coach had already been in the room.

Philly Trades up in front of Dallas and picks The TE...NOBODY in the war room cam looked upset what so ever. They were already congratulating each other for their pick.

If you watch the Green room reaction of Williams you will hear that ex philly kicker in his prepubescent voice doing his best to flame the Cowboys in the background.

I know some of you just LOVE any narrative that makes it look like the Cowboys bungled something or some other team got the best of them but that was NOT the case in this situation.

They even admitted that the Eagles got them LAST draft. They were going to take the RB Donnel Pumphrey from San Diego State but the ealges jumped in front of them and took him.
Jerry when talking about this even went on to say something interesting which I would only imagined played into what happened...He said, they jumped up and took Pumphrey and when they did we had to take Switzer...notice the word HAD to take Switzer. And of course Switzer was traded to the Raiders to reunite with his and teh cowboys former ST coach.

So please...stop with this silly hahaha attitude that the Eagles jumped up and took the player we wanted when that is not true and furthermore try to belittle anyone that tries to tell you it is not true.

By the same token, some will find any lame excuse to explain away the glaring stupidities of the FO to further the narrative :rolleyes:

Your explanation above is choc full of holes but let me point out just 3

1. This FO clearly has a leak problem because media knew about the LVE pick a month before the draft so why is it difficult to believe they knew about this too

2. They admitted that Philly punked them last year and knew what they wanted. Why is it tough to believe they could have known this year as well?

3. You say they were already celebrating when Philly traded up? Without ever knowing who Philly would pick? lol . Read your post again

:laugh:

BrAinPaiNt

Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
By the same token, some will find any lame excuse to explain away the glaring stupidities of the FO to further the narrative :rolleyes:

1. This FO clearly has a leak problem because media knew about the LVE pick a month before the draft so why is it difficult to believe they knew about this too

2. They admitted that Philly punked them last year and knew what they wanted. Why is it tough to believe they could have known this year as well?

3. You say they were already celebrating when Philly traded up? Without ever knowing who Philly would pick? lol . Read your post again

Philly did NOT punk the Cowboys this year...End of story.

You can twist it all you want...they were going Connor Williams.

You can also use the :laugh: All you want but it does not change it.

1. LVE...Pretty much EVERYONE knew and they STILL got him.
2. Yet NOBODY said ANYTHING about them wanting Dallas G in the 2nd It was all speculation just like it was in the first round when NFL and ESPN talking heads were all saying we would take WR.

3. Yes by the time we saw it on TV they were celebrating before the Philly pick was announced. However NFL teams already know what the other teams take for the most part. NOBODY in that
war room looked up set or looked like they had to change any picks or anything of that nature. You watch the war room camera and it was obvious they got the man the wanted and nothing changed
before either pick was made. Again...I know that just because this team does plenty wrong that some of you have to make EVERYTHING seem like a bungle job. There are also times when a team will pick a player before they know
he is taken from the team in front of them. They actually bungled this one in the past. When We passed on Manziel and took Martin...We were actually on the phone with Shazier or his agent as we were going to take him before they found out that the Steelers took him.

However we were NOT taking the TE, Philly did not punk us.

It was not in this case no matter how much you try to change the narrative.

IF you want to talk about a possible bungle job...It was the Idea that the wanted to take Both 4th round picks to trade back into the 3rd to take Dorance Armstrong instead of waiting to the 4th to take him.

So that is one less thing you have to complain about...There are plenty more things for you to worry your little head over.

Doomsday

Rising Star
Reaction score
Philly thought Dallas MAY take him, so they went up and got a player THEY liked.

I don't blame them for going after a guy they were high on, but no one got punked.

Daygoboy6191

Reaction score

I swear some people just want to hate everything the Cowboys do, why do you even cheer for a team if all you do is make a baseless argument just to be negative.

The Cowboys worked out Connor Williams, and the offensive identity for years now is to be a run first team so why would they draft a TE they had a 2nd round grade on over an O-linemen they had a 1st round grade on?

Please answer this for me?

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
Obviously he rubbed teams the wrong way because there is no way he should still be available.

There is a character concern or he failed a test.
tried to explain in draft zone he quit on some plays.
that really bothers scouts. there was one play which was a pick and he didn't even try at all to make a tackle.
if he was asked about that in meetings and came across poorly than i can see why teams treated him thusly.

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
Philly thought Dallas MAY take him, so they went up and got a player THEY liked.

I don't blame them for going after a guy they were high on, but no one got punked.
Only issue I'd have as a Philly fan is you had such little draft ammo that moving up for a TE2 seems pretty absurd.

As a Dallas fan I'd have been very upset had we went with TE there because this is a run first team that badly needed OL and Williams was a top 35 player on virtually every board and potentially a top 10 based solely on healthy 2016 tape when he was 18.
This isn't me RCG'ing it either because I wanted OL in round 1 or 2 no matter what and took that every mock draft I did.. and there were tons.
TE is a luxury position. Dallas NEEDED an OL and a WR. They got them and no way would I wanted to wait until round 4 to select an OL.
Instead we went TE in round 4 and got a guy to do half Witten's job. Same as we would have had we spent 50. It's just the less sexy half.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Philly did NOT punk the Cowboys this year...End of story.

You can twist it all you want...they were going Connor Williams.

You can also use the :laugh: All you want but it does not change it.

1. LVE...Pretty much EVERYONE knew and they STILL got him.
2. Yet NOBODY said ANYTHING about them wanting Dallas G in the 2nd It was all speculation just like it was in the first round when NFL and ESPN talking heads were all saying we would take WR.

3. Yes by the time we saw it on TV they were celebrating before the Philly pick was announced. However NFL teams already know what the other teams take for the most part. NOBODY in that
war room looked up set or looked like they had to change any picks or anything of that nature. You watch the war room camera and it was obvious they got the man the wanted and nothing changed
before either pick was made. Again...I know that just because this team does plenty wrong that some of you have to make EVERYTHING seem like a bungle job. There are also times when a team will pick a player before they know
he is taken from the team in front of them. They actually bungled this one in the past. When We passed on Manziel and took Martin...We were actually on the phone with Shazier or his agent as we were going to take him before they found out that the Steelers took him.

However we were NOT taking the TE, Philly did not punk us.

It was not in this case no matter how much you try to change the narrative.

IF you want to talk about a possible bungle job...It was the Idea that the wanted to take Both 4th round picks to trade back into the 3rd to take Dorance Armstrong instead of waiting to the 4th to take him.

So that is one less thing you have to complain about...There are plenty more things for you to worry your little head over.

@visionary I don't know how closely you were following the draft but this is pretty spot on.

Dallas was showing no interest in Goedert. Jerry was very transparent after each round too so unless he was just telling a lie then all signs pointed to them not being interested in Goedert.

visionary

Reaction score
@visionary I don't know how closely you were following the draft but this is pretty spot on.

Dallas was showing no interest in Goedert. Jerry was very transparent after each round too so unless he was just telling a lie then all signs pointed to them not being interested in Goedert.

Ok thx for letting me know
I wasn't watching the draft on camera just on tv back and forth
When @BrAinPaiNt explained what he did, it made sense