The NFL Refs killed us in this game

cowboyrock

Benched
Reaction score
I taped the game and went back and watched it today. this is a disgrace to the NFL. the Offsides on Ware that lead to the giants first score,was a joke. and Jerry Jones said today that the NFL now says that was not grounding on Romo. that was a big call that killed our drive. and they let the gaints DB's keep their hands on our recievers 10 yards down field.no wonder our recievers could not get open a lot of times. they also refused to call any big calls on the giants. 2 for 15 yards. what a joke. their O-Linemen, were holding on a lot of plays with no calls. im not making excuses. we still should have have won this game. but you should not be getting these kind of calls when you are a number one seed playing at home.as for Wade phillips. Wade can say all the positive things he wants, but this team didn’t make a step it was supposed to this year. When push came to shove this year’s team did what last year’s team did …. They backed out of a playoff win and did whatever it could to find a way to lose. despite the cowboys hating NFL refs. we still should have won this game. we found a freaking way to lose it again. SICKENING!

Mavs Man

All outta bubble gum
Reaction score
I won't argue that we didn't get some questionable calls go against us, but at the end of the day:

It was not the referees' fault that we failed to tackle Toomer for the Giants' first touchdown.

It was not the referees' fault we gave up a touchdown in only 40 seconds at the end of the 1st half.

It was not the referees' fault that our offensive line was so whipped at the end of the game that Romo was running for his life on nearly every down.

It was not the referees' fault that we only scored three points in the second half.

It was not the referees' fault that we had several chances to win it at the end of the game but did not.

cowboyrock

Benched
Reaction score
Mavs Man;1907575 said:
I won't argue that we didn't get some questionable calls go against us, but at the end of the day:

It was not the referees' fault that we failed to tackle Toomer for the Giants' first touchdown.

It was not the referees' fault we gave up a touchdown in only 40 seconds at the end of the 1st half.

It was not the referees' fault that our offensive line was so whipped at the end of the game that Romo was running for his life on nearly every down.

It was not the referees' fault that we only scored three points in the second half.

It was not the referees' fault that we had several chances to win it at the end of the game but did not.
I agree with what you posted. we still should have won this game. but my point is how in the world did the gaints get every big call at Texas stadium? they got away with a lot of things in that game.the re-spot in the seattle playoff game last year. and now calls like this on our home field. these refs sucked eggs.

Mavs Man

All outta bubble gum
Reaction score
cowboyrock;1907591 said:
I agree with what you posted. we still should have won this game. but my point is how in the world did the gaints get every big call at Texas stadium? they got away with a lot of things in that game.the re-spot in the seattle playoff game last year. and now calls like this on our home field. these refs sucked eggs.

I don't like making excuses. I hear enough of it as it is being a Mavs fan. If you win, which we had multiple chances to do, then nobody remembers the bad calls and nobody cares. If you lose, you agonize and overanalyze every little thing.

I'd rather not.

ddh33

Reaction score
Yeah, as bad as the refs were, the Cowboys were a little worse.

sbark

Reaction score
Did the ref get a Bud light for stopping Crayton from catching 2 game changeing passes........

Oh, ya---the ref's crunching hit on Fasano at the goal line got him another Bud Light...............

What........."they were good hits".............

Ref's didnt help..........but the cowboys were our own worst enemies
Sometimes I think w/ Jerry being on the competition committee it limits his power at actual game time.........or they know he cannot rip butt.....

Avery

The Dog that Saved Charleston
Reaction score
Some bad calls, but that happens every game. We killed ourselves.

brewers47

Reaction score
It was just weird because earlier this season I decided to start a REF Evaluation List based on games I watched and basically just group them into categories. Crappy and Good

But the weird part was after watching so much football in my life the REF that drove me to creating the list was Pete Morelli. Anyways I typed the list into my phone so that when we got to the game I would know what to expect. And it was sure bad enough, although it wasnt the reason we lost.

cowboyrock

Benched
Reaction score
Mavs Man;1907596 said:
I don't like making excuses. I hear enough of it as it is being a Mavs fan. If you win, which we had multiple chances to do, then nobody remembers the bad calls and nobody cares. If you lose, you agonize and overanalyze every little thing.

I'd rather not.
I agree to a point. but when one team is getting all the calls, it's hard to overcome. they call nothing big on the giants in that game. it was if they had decided that the giants could do no wrong. and they were looking for things to call on the cowboys. go back in look at that game tape. these refs were sickening and Bias.we still should have won anyway. but giving the giants all the calls on our home field did not help.

Sasquatch

Lost in the Woods
Reaction score
Mavs Man;1907596 said:

I'd rather not.

Good teams win games in spite of poor officiating. See San Diego.

cajuncocoa

✮ ✮ ✮ ✮ ✮
Reaction score
OK, I get that you guys don't like whining about bad calls. I used to feel that way, too....until the blatant bad calls just became too frequent and ridiculous to ignore.

Yes, the Cowboys played badly on Sunday, but don't you think bad calls contribute to how well a team appears to be playing? Not to mention that giving their opponent an unfair advantage is not conducive to keeping up their momentum....:bang2:

cowboyrock

Benched
Reaction score
Sasquatch;1907633 said:
Good teams win games in spite of poor officiating. See San Diego.
Why are you people trying to start a fight on something we agree on. let me make it clear again.THE REFS DID NOT LOSE THIS GAME FOR US! we still had lots of chances to win it and did not get the job done.that said. there is no excuse for some of the none-calls on the giants. and big wrong calls against the cowboys.the grounding call on Romo in the pocket was a joke. Manning did the same thing in this game and we got no call. how about the offsides on Ware. that was on third down and kept the giants drive alive. they went on to score a TD on that drive. and the Reeves facemask before the half, should have been 5 yards, not 15. i dont even think he grabbed it.Reeves should be cut, because he is terrible. in other words he and others should be held to acount. but so should these refs.

Yakuza Rich

Reaction score
I thought the game was pretty well ref'd for the most part. When they do screw up, it's really frustrating because more often than not it's a horrible error. People can say what they want about the Ware offsides being close, but this is the 3rd time that it's happened this year, they've apologized for calling him offsides, and then it happens again. You'd think they'd look out for that. And then there was the intentional grounding call which shows that these highly paid refs don't even know the rules.

YAKUZA

burmafrd

Reaction score
The NFL makes more money then any other sport in the world. Yet they refuse to have full time officials.

Yakuza Rich

Reaction score
burmafrd;1907694 said:
The NFL makes more money then any other sport in the world. Yet they refuse to have full time officials.

That and there needs to be more refs on the field. That way you don't have to worry about a Champ Bailey returning an INT for a TD and some ref trying to keep up with him.

YAKUZA

cowboyrock

Benched
Reaction score
cowboyrock;1907687 said:
Why are you people trying to start a fight on something we agree on. let me make it clear again.THE REFS DID NOT LOSE THIS GAME FOR US! we still had lots of chances to win it and did not get the job done.that said. there is no excuse for some of the none-calls on the giants. and big wrong calls against the cowboys.the grounding call on Romo in the pocket was a joke. Manning did the same thing in this game and we got no call. how about the offsides on Ware. that was on third down and kept the giants drive alive. they went on to score a TD on that drive. and the Reeves facemask before the half, should have been 5 yards, not 15. i dont even think he grabbed it.Reeves should be cut, because he is terrible. in other words he and others should be held to acount. but so should these refs.
O they know the rules. it's who they decide to use the rules on that is the problem. i want to know why the giants got all the calls at key times in this game. bad calls in this close game, cost us big. but our players and coaches lost this game. they did not get it done.

sago1

Reaction score
Jerry Jones mentioned on his show this morning that the NFL has already admitted that the call on Romo's intentional grounding was wrong. No comment about any of the other calls.

FCBarca

Reaction score
Mavs Man;1907575 said:

Absolutely.

I'd add that it was not the referees' fault that Bigg Davis nailed Strahan while he was on the ground.

It was not the referees' fault that Reeves yanked Smith's facemask that exacerbated that 1st half ending TD drive.

It was not the referees' fault that Crayton dropped those balls.

It was not the referees' fault that Romo, Garret et al botched the 2 minute drill to end the game.

It was not the referees' fault that they failed to get into the endzone in the 3rd quarter and only ended up with a FG.

It was not the referees' fault that the special teams unit couldn't wrap up McQuarters punt return that set up the go ahead Giant TD.

Come on, all this whining about the calls...The calls were bad but they didn't cost the Boys the game. :rolleyes: