The NFL Refs killed us in this game

Yakuza Rich

Reaction score
SkinsandTerps;1907929 said:
Quick point for Rich, The sponsors are the reason for the type of review system they have now. They want to shorten the game. Saturday night programming on networks usually sucks anyway. On Sundays they have a captive audience, if not drunk or just getting home.

I will address the other points in a sec.

The college review system usually doesn't take that long because they are instantly reviewing the play in the booth before the next play happens. In the NFL system they have to wait, then review. Plus, it's ridiculous watching coaches have to look at the wide screen to decide whether or not to throw the flag. Talk about a possible conflict of interest between the operator of the wide screen and a crucial play.

Although this leads to one of my improvements to the game when I become God, you can only go to commercials once after a score. Nothing annoys me more than a TD, PAT, go to commercial, then the kickoff, then back to commercial.

YAKUZA

SkinsandTerps

Commanders Forever
Reaction score
Yakuza Rich;1908002 said:
It's like going to great restaurant that has crappy parking. It won't sway me away from coming, but not attempting to fix the problem is aggravating.

But if you still come ...why bother fixing it ?

rangers71

Reaction score
The davis penalty was ****. He blocked till the whistle. I have never seen that before and never will again.

Yakuza Rich

Reaction score
SkinsandTerps;1908014 said:
But if you still come ...why bother fixing it ?

Eventually if you tick off the customer enough, they'll take their money somewhere else.

YAKUZA

Mavs Man

All outta bubble gum
Reaction score
Yakuza Rich;1908011 said:
Although this leads to one of my improvements to the game when I become God, you can only go to commercials once after a score. Nothing annoys me more than a TD, PAT, go to commercial, then the kickoff, then back to commercial.

Is there any way we can put this on the 2008 national ballot and vote on it?

Chocolate Lab

Run-loving Dino
Reaction score
wahoofan22;1907957 said:
The one that really pissed me off was the 'rouging Strahan' call. Davis' back was to Romo and he couldn't see if the ball was out of his hands or not. Whatever - he should have made him a permanent fixture in the Texas Stadium turf.

rangers71 said:
The davis penalty was ****. He blocked till the whistle. I have never seen that before and never will again..

Yep -- absolutely sickening. Worst call I've ever seen in my life.

cajuncocoa

✮ ✮ ✮ ✮ ✮
Reaction score
SultanOfSix;1907878 said:
If you complain about the reffing, in some people's minds it's whining.

Or it could just be that sense of justice that some people have. Call it fairly and consistently, or don't be a ref. That's what you're paid to do. If they want to let superstars get away with stuff than your average Joe can't, for example letting Moss push off on almost every catch in the endzone without a call, then go ref in the NBA.

Regardless of what people say, penalties have an effect on the game. And if they have an effect on the game, then those who call them also have an effect on the game if they distort the calls, or are just blatantly wrong.

Penalties add up, and in the age of parity where one team isn't that much greater than the other, that has an effect on the outcome of a game. It slowly wears on the team because converting down and distance becomes much harder. This is just common sense people. It's not whining.

Good post IMO. :hammer:

GhettoxCowboy

Dem Boyz
Reaction score
cowboyrock;1907560 said:
I taped the game and went back and watched it today. this is a disgrace to the NFL. the Offsides on Ware that lead to the giants first score,was a joke. and Jerry Jones said today that the NFL now says that was not grounding on Romo. that was a big call that killed our drive. and they let the gaints DB's keep their hands on our recievers 10 yards down field.no wonder our recievers could not get open a lot of times. they also refused to call any big calls on the giants. 2 for 15 yards. what a joke. their O-Linemen, were holding on a lot of plays with no calls. im not making excuses. we still should have have won this game. but you should not be getting these kind of calls when you are a number one seed playing at home.as for Wade phillips. Wade can say all the positive things he wants, but this team didn’t make a step it was supposed to this year. When push came to shove this year’s team did what last year’s team did …. They backed out of a playoff win and did whatever it could to find a way to lose. despite the cowboys hating NFL refs. we still should have won this game. we found a freaking way to lose it again. SICKENING!

Please dont make any excuses again for our loss, its plain N simple dumb. we lost end of story. we still could have pulled it off but didn't enough.

RealCowboyfan

Championship
Reaction score
I believe it's a reason behind every fine that Goodell slap on coaches that speaks up about the offiicating.

I believe the officials should be investigate because I believe some of them are betting.... For example the official in the NBA that was betting.

iceberg

rock music matters
Reaction score
SultanOfSix;1907878 said:
If you complain about the reffing, in some people's minds it's whining.

Or it could just be that sense of justice that some people have. Call it fairly and consistently, or don't be a ref. That's what you're paid to do. If they want to let superstars get away with stuff than your average Joe can't, for example letting Moss push off on almost every catch in the endzone without a call, then go ref in the NBA.

Regardless of what people say, penalties have an effect on the game. And if they have an effect on the game, then those who call them also have an effect on the game if they distort the calls, or are just blatantly wrong.

Penalties add up, and in the age of parity where one team isn't that much greater than the other, that has an effect on the outcome of a game. It slowly wears on the team because converting down and distance becomes much harder. This is just common sense people. It's not whining.

it's whining because you're not going to change it by saying we got cheated.

maybe we did - but does this inflated sense of "getting it right" also inspire the same level of ... "action" (ie whining) when the calls go in our favor?

no one is perfect and the nfl has been constantly trying to do what it can to get as close to that as we can.

coming into a forum going WAH - WE GOT A BAD CALL! isn't going to instill justice anywhere at all. i don't disagree penalties add up and can make/break a game. they do.

but whining...or posting...about it fixes nothing but allows one to "vent". that's not common sense, it's venting and if done enough, whining.

ryanbabs

Reaction score
I've said this before and I'll say it again...in games like this, I think i the end the number of calls should balance out as long as one team isn't obviously trying to take cheap shots or such at the other. This is similar to an NBA where the number of foul calls is usually close, unless you're talking about teh 2006 NBA Finals.

My cousin and I were at the game and we bot hnoted how the Giants were holding Ware (a lot) and also Ellis. You could even see their jerseys being "pulled". There was not one holdiong call I ever remember. Say what you want but this changes much more than you think (momentum, kills drives or let's them continue when they shouldn't).

It was frustrating to see these calls and when I get home I am even more frustrated seeing it on TV...especially the phanton offsides penalty and the facemask that wasn't a facemask.

On the contrary, all of those false starts were pretty bad though...Gurode really casued most of them...and Flo needs a hearing aid.

Clove

Shrinkage
Reaction score
You can belive the Giants will get nothing from the refs playing the darling Packers this weekend.