CFZ The NFL teaches another lesson this week

Blackspider214

Reaction score
Exactly, how we gonna feel, if we lose the division because of that loss at the end of the season ?
Sort of like last season. We had GB dead to rights and up 14 in the 4thqtr and lost that game. Coupled that with the Eagles winning some games they stole. That swayed the division in their favor.

Winning your division is a huge deal in the NFL. Without doing that, you guarantee you will be on the road in the playoffs as often as can be. And a guaranteed 5-7 seed.

Good thing Eagles lost to the Jets as we are now just 1 game behind them and then depending what happens tonight. You can't win a division this early but you sure can lose one.

Blackrain

Reaction score
I guess it’s all about perspective. Yes we’re stuck with Jerry but I turned that abortion off last weekend and played golf on Monday

Logged on and witnessed this ridiculous meltdown . I quit hanging my emotions on this team quite sometime ago back in the Romo days. Got a bit excited in 14 and 16 but hey it didn’t happen oh well

If they win fine if they don’t fine . Do I want SB ? sure is it critical for my enjoyment? Not even close

Any given Sunday ! The cowboys can go out and lay an egg or destroy the chargers tonight . It won’t change my perspective a bit

We’ll see how well they are playing and where they sit in December
Yep we have very similar feelings after Romo threw that interception to Rob Jackson I permanently lowered my expectations and have not been disappointed since.
I do have to admit I did get a glimmer of hope in Dak and Zeke's rookie season and thought lightning might strike and we would have the perfect storm but I came back to reality and leave making the playoffs as my ceiling for this team with Jerry in charge.

Whirlwin

Cowboy , It’s a way of life.
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Believe me I understand why some people won't look at our past 25 years!

Or even the last game.
Why should I. I can’t change it. I wouldn’t want to change it,. So many good things. The Tony Romo era. I enjoy the not knowing. That’s the excitement of football. Any given Sunday. I could care less about what already happened. Change is inevitable.

Whirlwin

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Believe me I understand why some people won't look at our past 25 years!

Or even the last game.
You would be wrong, especially about me . And again, I don’t worry about other people. They have an issue , that’s their issue

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
You would be wrong, especially about me . And again, I don’t worry about other people. They have an issue , that’s their issue
Why should I. I can’t change it. I wouldn’t want to change it,. So many good things. The Tony Romo era. I enjoy the not knowing. That’s the excitement of football. Any given Sunday. I could care less about what already happened. Change is inevitable.
I am sorry...I am confused. Not sure what it is you are saying.

Oh well...as you say...I don't worry about others. I just like clear communication is all...oh well.

Whirlwin

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
I am sorry...I am confused. Not sure what it is you are saying.

Oh well...as you say...I don't worry about others. I just like clear communication is all...oh well.
If you’d like, clarification, just ask. You said you understand why people don’t look at the past 25 years. And I was trying to explain to you why I don’t.

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
You see it on our forum all the time. Fans look at the schedule and pick wins and losses. A bad loss means a team sucks. A big win makes a team unbeatable. Until the next week. The Cowboys looked unbeatable the first two weeks. Then the cards and niners had something to say about that.

So who had the browns winning today? The jets beating the e-girls? The chiefs struggling with the hapless broncos? The giants should have won in Buffalo tonight. Jalen Hurts now has more picks (7) than he had all of last year. None of us saw that right?

I have no idea what’s going to happen to our Cowboys tomorrow night against the chargers. But I can say nothing would surprise me. Whatever any of us think we know how things will turn out this year, we don’t know.

It‘s a long season. The Cowboys are still in the thick of everything. But I won’t buy any contender hype again until I see some grit and toughness from this team for a change.
The Brown's win should have taught everyone that running the ball and stopping the run are important.

QBs don't just line against each other while all other players just watch...Football is not boxing...

Flamma

Reaction score
You see it on our forum all the time. Fans look at the schedule and pick wins and losses. A bad loss means a team sucks. A big win makes a team unbeatable. Until the next week. The Cowboys looked unbeatable the first two weeks. Then the cards and niners had something to say about that.

So who had the browns winning today? The jets beating the e-girls? The chiefs struggling with the hapless broncos? The giants should have won in Buffalo tonight. Jalen Hurts now has more picks (7) than he had all of last year. None of us saw that right?

I have no idea what’s going to happen to our Cowboys tomorrow night against the chargers. But I can say nothing would surprise me. Whatever any of us think we know how things will turn out this year, we don’t know.

It‘s a long season. The Cowboys are still in the thick of everything. But I won’t buy any contender hype again until I see some grit and toughness from this team for a change.
In this modern era of the NFL, I think a lot of teams take a week off now and then. There are just too many of these so called surprises to be considered any given Sunday.

Any given Sunday has been a things since forever. Just not this often IMO. Years ago players weren't paid nearly as much, they couldn't afford to be slacking.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
If you’d like, clarification, just ask. You said you understand why people don’t look at the past 25 years. And I was trying to explain to you why I don’t.
You said two different things in two separate comments on my same comment.

We have a definitive trend in our recent history. We better learn from it not ignore it.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The Brown's win should have taught everyone that running the ball and stopping the run are important.

QBs don't just line against each other while all other players just watch...Football is not boxing...
Oh wait...I was told Dak trounced brady. Hmmm.

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Those are huge factors losing best two offensive playmakers and basically a chip shot 43 yarder. You could tell the Browns were shocked on the sidelines.

While the Browns were 9 1/2 point dogs at home ( mainly that high with Watson out) they were picked before the season with Watson returning as a potential playoff team. They do have 2 other wins now at 3-3.

Not as bad of loss as Dallas to AZ which is still their only win and may not see more than 3 wins all season.
They have the best defense in the NFL right now too.

john van brocklin

Captain Comeback
Reaction score
Sort of like last season. We had GB dead to rights and up 14 in the 4thqtr and lost that game. Coupled that with the Eagles winning some games they stole. That swayed the division in their favor.

Winning your division is a huge deal in the NFL. Without doing that, you guarantee you will be on the road in the playoffs as often as can be. And a guaranteed 5-7 seed.

Good thing Eagles lost to the Jets as we are now just 1 game behind them and then depending what happens tonight. You can't win a division this early but you sure can lose one.
Their loss helps.
Good teams find a way to win...

Cowboy-33

Reaction score
They have to allow them more room to make a fair catch. That’s ridiculous

MikeT22

Reaction score
lol

Whirlwin

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
You said two different things in two separate comments on my same comment.

We have a definitive trend in our recent history. We better learn from it not ignore it.
That’s for the team to get over not me . I said the same thing twice. I’m sorry you didn’t get it right the first time.