The NFL world is freaking out about a rumored, potentially damaging Dez Bryant video that no one kno

windward

NFL Historian
Reaction score
Question:Who started this story on Dez & a bombshell video? I suspect it was Rapport or Florio. If it proves to be false, I’d like to see reputable journalists rip those behind this story. Your take Bob?

Bob Sturm:I am all against poor journalism, but from the get-go, there has been massive amounts of leaks out of Valley Ranch on Dez for it to be made up by the Insiders of this league. The Cowboys, it seems, had an issue with the player and wanted the public to know what they were dealing with so they leak stuff out. This is pretty routine in sports, and again, as much as I would like to blame others for this, it surely appears this one was given to them by the organization. By the way, that very likely won’t ever allow for the franchise and the player to be great friends in the future.

cowboysblog.***BANNED-URL***/2015/02/bob-sturm-leaks-from-valley-ranch-about-dez-will-strain-bryants-relationship-with-cowboys.html/

Pure speculation by Sturm. I don't think he's even claiming otherwise, but this is hardly concrete proof.

Bizwah

Reaction score
Question:Who started this story on Dez & a bombshell video? I suspect it was Rapport or Florio. If it proves to be false, I’d like to see reputable journalists rip those behind this story. Your take Bob?

Bob Sturm:I am all against poor journalism, but from the get-go, there has been massive amounts of leaks out of Valley Ranch on Dez for it to be made up by the Insiders of this league. The Cowboys, it seems, had an issue with the player and wanted the public to know what they were dealing with so they leak stuff out. This is pretty routine in sports, and again, as much as I would like to blame others for this, it surely appears this one was given to them by the organization. By the way, that very likely won’t ever allow for the franchise and the player to be great friends in the future.

cowboysblog.***BANNED-URL***/2015/02/bob-sturm-leaks-from-valley-ranch-about-dez-will-strain-bryants-relationship-with-cowboys.html/

I truly hope he's wrong. This would be reprehensible behavior by Jerry and Co. If this were the case , then I would root for Dez to sign elsewhere and stick it to JJ.

As it stands, this doesn't seem like Jerry at all. I don't think he would do this.

Dave_in-NC

Reaction score

I would just go to Dez and say what is on my mind. What is wrong with people? I'm not saying this to be true but if it were, that's a heck of a way to win over your other players.

PhillyCowboysFan

Reaction score
There has been massive amounts of leaks out of Valley Ranch on Dez for it to be made up by the Insiders of this league. The Cowboys, it seems, had an issue with the player and wanted the public to know what they were dealing with so they leak stuff out.

Massive amounts of leaks for it to be made up by the insiders in this league!

Really Bob! Really!
I am all against poor journalism myself Bob!

Nightman

Capologist
Reaction score
It wasn't "started" by anyone.

This has been the Urban Legend for awhile. Maybe one of his ex boys tried shopping it around, but it seems like pure speculation as to why a deal isn't done yet. Florio and Schefter took the bait and ran with something that should have never been reported on. Even now the worst Dez is accused of is riding in a car. Maybe the tires were deflated but thats it.

Dallas wants a long term deal, they just want to pay less than Dez wants. That's all. No nefarious reasons or conspiracy. If they can get away with 10/114m with 20 guaranteed they would be doing cartwheels. Dez knows this is his one chance at the big payday and wants 30-40m guaranteed.

They both know the franschise tag is there and really fair for WRs, so there is no urgency. Dallas can tag him for 2 years and 28m with no long term risk. Dez gets paid but has to play without a safety net, but 28m over 2 years is worth the risk.

tyke1doe

Reaction score
I don't believe JJ leaked this story nor do I believe anyone in the Cowboys organization did.

CCBoy

Reaction score
Jerry has always supported the actual integrity of his organization...why question his ethics now?

Tabascocat

Dexternjack
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
There has been nothing but reprehensible behavior from the start in this.

If it is ever proven the Cowboys themselves were behind this, that would end my affiliation with this team.

That said, I don't believe they are.

My thoughts exactly but it would be hard to completely end my affiliation. I would just stop buying anything Dallas until the Jones were gone.

But, I don't believe they had anything to do with the leaks.

Danger

Reaction score
Stephen A Smith made a good point that none of this blew up when the Cowboys were in the playoffs but only when it's time to pay Dez. That said I don't think Jerry would drag his superstar through the mud like that.

coult44

Reaction score
Sorry for putting the gun to your head and forcing you to open and read the thread. And of course no owners have ever leaked negative facts about a player to gain PR leverage in contract negotiations. Of course not.

Would you please tell me WWWWW? Seriously, I'd like to know and read about some of those.

mugsybows

Reaction score
Not saying they went out of there way to spread it. I don't believe that at all. Probably wasn't even jerry and Stephen but I could see people in the know that work for them probably hear rumblings of the stuff dez does that we haven't heard of and that's how it spread.
I'd even venture to say jerry and Stephen and the organization have enough clout to make things go away or downgrade situations and it seems for a long time they made this non issue go away. For weeks journalists have been speculating they aren't paying dez well it's gotta be cuz his off the field issues. i think the media was looking for a reason he wasn't getting signed and rolled with the off the field issues rumor and tried to gain steam with this possible Walmart incident. I don't think jerry and Stephen started it or even wanted it to get to this but if they ever even expressed concern even out of venting or frustration to someone in the org or even staff members heard rumblings and rumors Of situations I think that was the stuff that could have possibly leaked. And as journalists were proding they probably took this Walmart non incident and it got hyped it up and all of a sudden all outlets that wanted the possibility to break a ground breaking story ran with it because florio was asked a question on the radio and got a little too cocky with the info he gave out freely. Unless a video comes out showing terrible things I think talks will go on where they left off after this dies down in a week. This won't lower his price but be a blip on the talks. It may give the org the reason to put this to bed and show complete confidence and sign him to a lifetime deal. It could play out a number of ways, it could also show dez that the organization makes stupid stories like this go away or never see the light of day and that's also very valuable.

Last edited:

Boyzmamacita

CowBabe Up!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Sturm is just as irresponsible as those other jerks. If he's wrong about the Cowboys it's just as egregious to report about leaks without proof as it is to report about videos without proof.

gmoney112

Reaction score
I say we start banning everyone who makes a new "Dez movie" thread without actual proof of a video existing.