The NFLPA had better recognize this is the end of the NFL

Melonfeud

I Copy!,,, er,,,I guess,,,ah,,,maybe.
Reaction score
I've harbored the belief of inside collusion, industrial sabotage and just general black bag ****ery pretty much since the implementation of the salary cap, this 'ruling' today illustrates just how far and to the very top that cancerous growth has spread!,,,,JW should go all in on this one and pull the team from participating in vehement protest to this ruling today.
( kill it or cure it)

Yakuza Rich

Reaction score
It's a sad indictment of our society.

I can't think of any other situation in life where the accuser is caught lying to the police and asking a friend to lie to police for her and people believe everything else around the story.

Not only does the NFL believe her, but the DA's office as well (they just can't prosecute it).

This is the only situation where this would ever exist...a woman accusing a man of assaulting her.

If it was a robbery or a man accusing another man of assault, etc....the accuser would lose all credibility once they were found to have lied to the police and tried to get a friend to lie to police as well.

But here, because a woman accused a man of assault, we believe her even when she is caught in a lie in writing.

YR

Melonfeud

Reaction score
It's a sad indictment of our society.

I can't think of any other situation in life where the accuser is caught lying to the police and asking a friend to lie to police for her and people believe everything else around the story.

Not only does the NFL believe her, but the DA's office as well (they just can't prosecute it).

This is the only situation where this would ever exist...a woman accusing a man of assaulting her.

If it was a robbery or a man accusing another man of assault, etc....the accuser would lose all credibility once they were found to have lied to the police and tried to get a friend to lie to police as well.

But here, because a woman accused a man of assault, we believe her even when she is caught in a lie in writing.

YR

I agree Yakuza!
But is there anything you find rather odd with the league itself? (as a separate entity from Society)
Mainly, the length of time it's taken in conducting it's review before releasing this ruling? I dislike having to use the term investigation, and what has already been glaringly pointed out,the precedent this conceivably establishes?

links18

Reaction score
Don't forget the other precedent. The one set when Ray Rice was treated with kid gloves and the NFL teetered on the brink of government intervention. We are paying the price for that bungled cluster case right now. Its often the fact that the worst possible situation is to be the person accused of something after the previous person accused of the same thing was perceived to have gotten off light. You will pay the price twice.

ilykdrama

Reaction score
As fans we don't have a strategy.
Unless not giving the NFL your money as long as they are being run like this a strategy.

The players need to come up with a strategy. The owners need a strategy to keep interest in their product high.

After the last few years and the blown calls combined with league front office policy I have decided to not raise my 3 sons to be sucked into such a flawed product that will leave you feeling angry and annoyed more than happy. This is my strategy to help my children not feel what us die hard fans feel. It's just not worth it anymore. It's too late for me..I'm hooked...a bit less each year...

My favorite post in a LONG time. Everything adds up and suspending innocent players in a sport that already has a short season to begin with makes me lose interest and never want to buy another product. Every time your team has a strong hold anything can happen.

Being falsely accused
to
Deciding weather to smoke weed or get hooked on pain killers from the pain of doing something you love
to
Having to remember a catch is not a catch unless you take 4 steps, hold the ball, do a cartwheel and land with both feet in bounds
to
Not having a social life off of the field because the commissioner lives in Pleasantville and thinks 20 year olds with millions of dollars should be the role models for kids who have ****** parenting to begin with.

I'm exhausted from today and the fact that I know I'll tune in like an idiot, only to throw 16 Sundays of my life away again. I'm not as mad as I am disappointed that I have an itch that I hate.

CCBoy

Reaction score
I agree Yakuza!
But is there anything you find rather odd with the league itself? (as a separate entity from Society)
Mainly, the length of time it's taken in conducting it's review before releasing this ruling? I dislike having to use the term investigation, and what has already been glaringly pointed out,the precedent this conceivably establishes?

The league changed the product upon the field for some time now. But they are for a display instead of the absolute product being sacrifice and hard nosed play.

The 'powers' that be, just don't want a Cowboys' return to the top. All of the juiciest applications of new rules, have targeted Dallas players and not on a once in a while manner. Hey, Jerry just made the Hall of Fame, yet the old money didn't consult their own accountants on cash flows.

Jerry, I'm finally drawing a line with YOU. You have walked path, since getting your marketing deals, of not making waves.

Well straight up Jerry, if us fans wanted a show, we would stay in clubs or concerts. We want the old fashioned game of football. No, we don't mind you protecting the players from injuries, but give us a competitive and aggressive game back.

Fans want to believe in the sport, but when they can't have legitimate role models for their own kids, they won't believe in the type of sliding scale justice that actually does favor certain teams.

Damn, leave personal types of team privilege out of the play that goes onto the field. If an incident doesn't meet the measure of a legal sense of right and wrong, keep your sorry hands off the process. If a bouncer getting a sucker punch and knocked out, can't find it's way into court, why would any enterprise that is on the up, try to deny workman rights? I don't care what document that can be drawn up from the vault, it still does not trump the constitutional and the added laws/court history of protections from the denial of right to work as well.

If exposure of a breast during Mardi Gras by a rookie with no playing experience at all...then how can one justify any player with aggravated assaults, rape charges swept under the carpet, or any drug abuse what-so-ever. You bunch of hypocrites. You can't even keep up with equality in punishment....especially if it applies to a Dallas Cowboys' player.

I don't care who is crying - who's been sleeping in my bed, I won't continue giving my support to American dreams that in the end, have been sold out to the highest cash flows on the scene. Won't pass muster formation from the start.

Melonfeud

Reaction score
Hey Buddy ol' Pal ,,,, where you been? That post was about as the most precisely concise one as I've seen on the boards all day,glad yer' came back around @CCBoy :thumbup:

:star::starspin::star:

CCBoy

Reaction score
Hey Buddy ol' Pal ,,,, where you been? That post was about as the most precisely concise one as I've seen on the boards all day,glad yer' came back around @CCBoy :thumbup:

:star::starspin::star:

I had my computer checked out, and my power source was finally replaced. Three weeks in the making. Sorry.

muck4doo

Least-Known Member
Reaction score
You realize the whole rest of the league is celebrating this right? Go check a newspaper from any nfl city, all the writers are now happy goodell finally took a tough stand again over these men who keep beating women.

The cowboys make money for networks and media more for how much they are disliked as opposed to liked. They are the nfl's villain almost always and this kind of stuff happening is good for the nfl league wide.

go read the ny papers right now, the giants had a game tonight and both papers main stories are zeke and how he got what he deserved.

I have to imagine every owner and every front office is happy tonight for various reasons but mostly because it happened to Jerry and the cowboys.

Nobody cares what cowboys fans think and nobody could care less about fans, including Jerry who maybe cares the least.

Goodall works for the owners and when bad stuff happens like Aaron Hernandez and Ray Rice the media goes to him and not the various owners. He is paid to take the brunt of all this stuff. So I highly doubt the owners want to limit his powers. They are probably hoping to add to them in the next round of negotiations and crush the union even more.

Don't see that as true. There are Cowboys haters who love it, but to me it looks like most league fans think it's BS.

lockster

Reaction score
I've harbored the belief of inside collusion, industrial sabotage and just general black bag ****ery pretty much since the implementation of the salary cap, this 'ruling' today illustrates just how far and to the very top that cancerous growth has spread!,,,,JW should go all in on this one and pull the team from participating in vehement protest to this ruling today.
( kill it or cure it)
The problem is he is part of them. Money money money, don't rick the boat.

lockster

Reaction score
Ct
I don't think any one is against the league cracking down on criminal activity. The issue with this is the same with the catch and other rules.

It is arbitrary based on who knows what. The NFL came out today and said Zeke is a criminal with ZERO due process as far as I am concerned and that is just un-American to me.
criminal behavior is not their business. That's the judicial system. This is double indemnity, totally illegal.

nathanlt

Reaction score
I don't think any one is against the league cracking down on criminal activity. The issue with this is the same with the catch and other rules.

It is arbitrary based on who knows what. The NFL came out today and said Zeke is a criminal with ZERO due process as far as I am concerned and that is just un-American to me.

This is worse than zero due process, because the due process of the legal system, happened and cleared Elliott of the charge.

Yakuza Rich

Reaction score
I agree Yakuza!

2 massively crazy parts I have seen so far.

1. Pete Harvey, a former Attorney General, stating that Thompson did have an eye witness....herself. This is the dumbest statement I've ever heard a lawyer say. And why one wouldn't simply argue that by that logic EE had an eye witness there for EVERYTHING he does...himself...is something that needs to be brought up to this ding bat.

I hate to get into conspiracy theories and I would like to believe that a former attorney general would keep things on the up and up. But that is such a bizarre statement that I can't think of any other explanation for it. Either Harvey is actually mentally incompetent from some sort of early stages of mental dementia or he was so desperate to prove EE wrong that his thinking has become so skewed.

2. The league demanded that EE and his attorneys come up with a way to explain the bruising on Thompson. Nowhere in any court of law or arbitration would a person's innocence in a matter be dependent upon them being able to explain what happened to the accuser. It's pure lunacy. It's basically requesting that EE solve the case for them.

She lied to the police and tried to get her friend to lie. She also was involved in a fight (which she apparently denied the first time around, that's why the DA had to get sworn affidavits). Is it too crazy to believe that any previous bruises may have been from another fight she was involved in with somebody else that nobody knows about? And if she was willing to lie so badly to get a story to the police...is it crazy enough to think she will stoop to any level possible to make it look like he attacked her (i.e. bruising herself, getting a friend to strike her, manipulating photos, etc)?

But the league's mindset is that even though we have no reason to believe Thompson, EE is supposed to figure out what happened to her. And even then they don't care because they just plainly dismissed the fight she was in with the other woman at a bar.

YR

Plankton

Reaction score
Don't use the New York media, or its fan to prove any sort of argument. Their journalists are TMZ fodder media ****** and their fans are arrogant without reason or intelligence.

You remember, this is the same team who's kicker beat the **** out of his wife, admitted to it and then got one game. He was defended by the NY media. It's also where Goodell's best friend resides and runs his franchise with a WR that's as volatile as ANYONE in the NFL without repercussion.

The NY media absolutely eviscerated John Mara, Jerry Reese and the NFL over the Josh Brown affair. What you're saying is completely false.