The NFLPA had better recognize this is the end of the NFL

nathanlt

Reaction score
Don't blame Fuzzy for it. If you google it, the first link that appears has an article where it's stated at 45%. However, it's from an anonymous NFL spokesperson.

45% is close enough to 50%.

Having worked in marketing and advertising analytics and having done statistics involving with research and consumer research studies it never ceases to amaze me how faulty and incorrect so many statistical studies and polling procedures often are. Even in Peer Reviewed papers I see a lot of bad statistical methodologies and reasoning that I can't believe makes it past a Peer Review board.

That's why I detest it when people will 'quote' studies that say certain things. Too often the person quoting the study gets a legitimate study's figures wrong or the study itself is just flat out terrible and poorly done. You see this a lot out of studies like 'people who drink 4-6 glasses of wine a week are 50% less likely to die of cancer.' Or the infamous study on the gender wage gap and the infamous study on there being a 'rape culture' on campus where 1 out of 4 women gong to college have claimed to be raped.

What I do know is that I've been to countless cities in the US, numerous NFL stadiums and training camps. I have never been at a game where the audience was nearly an even split of male to females. I've never been to a training camp where the audience was nearly an even split. The same for going to a sports bar on Sunday or any type of Super Bowl party or even the football fans that I am friends with, those in my neighborhood or ones that I work with. Nor are 50% of the members on this forum or any football forum, female.

So my guess is that either the study was extremely faulty or...having experienced this in advertising and marketing....the league made that up with the intent to let other female fans know that they are not alone and to entice sponsors to give the league money.

In fact, I cannot think of no other major sport as a whole, where 50% of the fans are female. Maybe soccer or tennis, although I would be skeptical of that.

YR

I could not agree with you more! It is far better to trust your own data than the conclusions of an agenda driven researcher. In fact, the peer review groups are sometimes agenda driven themselves, sadly. As my math teacher put it people with an agenda "Draw a mathematically precise line from an unwarranted assumption to a foregone conclusion"

Love that quote!

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
According to Nielsen media research, the Super Bowl has attracted significantly more female viewers over the past five seasons than regular NFL season games have. In fact, women now make up about 46% of the people who watch the Super Bowl, versus about 33% during the regular season.

vPJoBU3.jpg

http://www.nielsen.com/us/en/insigh...-sunday-is-no-longer-just-a-beer-holiday.html
February 3, 2016

casmith07

Attorney-at-Zone
Reaction score
As fans we don't have a strategy.
Unless not giving the NFL your money as long as they are being run like this a strategy.

The players need to come up with a strategy. The owners need a strategy to keep interest in their product high.

After the last few years and the blown calls combined with league front office policy I have decided to not raise my 3 sons to be sucked into such a flawed product that will leave you feeling angry and annoyed more than happy. This is my strategy to help my children not feel what us die hard fans feel. It's just not worth it anymore. It's too late for me..I'm hooked...a bit less each year...

This is how I feel. I've been growing less and less interested as the years pass, while other sports appear to be on the rise with fun young stars: NBA, MLB, and even the NHL is more fun and exciting.

ConstantReboot

Reaction score
Silly.

Michael Irvin didn't take down the league. Terrell Owens didn't take down the league. Greg Hardy didn't take down the league. Dozens of others.

The NFL is a lot bigger than Tom Brady and Zeke Elliott combined.

No the players wont take down the league. They are doing a good job of doing that themselves. Despite making money hand over fist, they are receiving a lot of negative publicity on how they are handling things.

THEHEREAFTER

Reaction score
What you're missing is that is that every player isn't a young superstar that plays for "America's Team." Clearly Zeke represents a the poster child for the league to "put it's foot down" and make a good showing against dv. Frivolous claims against irrelevant players would be treated as such.

erod

Reaction score
No the players wont take down the league. They are doing a good job of doing that themselves. Despite making money hand over fist, they are receiving a lot of negative publicity on how they are handling things.

The beauty of the NFL is that the players aren't making money hand over fist. The league can remain strong without these dolts.

Sure, a few make good money, but this isn't like the NBA where the owners are totally at the mercy of the players. That league is an absolute joke.

ConstantReboot

Reaction score
The beauty of the NFL is that the players aren't making money hand over fist. The league can remain strong without these dolts.

Sure, a few make good money, but this isn't like the NBA where the owners are totally at the mercy of the players. That league is an absolute joke.

Yeah the league is a joke. They are a league of reactionaries.
Ray Rice found guilty of DV. Sure lets be politically correct and go after players like Zeke with no history of DV.
Refs are making bad calls after bad calls? Sure lets for the first time in their history hire about 25 full time refs.
Blown call on Bryant by overturning it as not a catch? Lets spin it as the rules are too hard to decipher.

The NFL is a joke and my interest in this game is waning.

nathanlt

Reaction score
With apologies to Jerry Glanville, NFL now stands for

Nonstop
Frivolous
Lawsuits

Don Corleone

Reaction score
According to Nielsen media research, the Super Bowl has attracted significantly more female viewers over the past five seasons than regular NFL season games have. In fact, women now make up about 46% of the people who watch the Super Bowl, versus about 33% during the regular season.

vPJoBU3.jpg

http://www.nielsen.com/us/en/insigh...-sunday-is-no-longer-just-a-beer-holiday.html
February 3, 2016

That's because most women think Tom Brady is the bomb and watch the Super Bowl.

sideon

Reaction score
Silly.

Michael Irvin didn't take down the league. Terrell Owens didn't take down the league. Greg Hardy didn't take down the league. Dozens of others.

The NFL is a lot bigger than Tom Brady and Zeke Elliott combined.
But the NFL is not bigger than mom & dad, who may decide that basketball & baseball are less dangerous and more profitable. Little league participation has been dropping around the country, and every new CTE case makes it harder for parents to justify letting their kids play.

cowboy_ron

You Can't Fix Stupid
Reaction score
Goodell is as much of an embarassment to the NFL as uh, .........Iguess I better not go there..