The NFL's Official Change to What Is A Catch: Dez Bryant play rule rewritten *merge*

Status
Not open for further replies.

nathanlt

Reaction score
Football move has ALWAYS been intended to mean that the player is not falling. .

As usual, you are making things up that has never been in the rule book. I'm just curious, where did you pull this one from?

nathanlt

Reaction score
"Upright long enough" is the same as "Long enough to make a football move".

Another made up comparison. Nice way to try to include a phrase that was never relevant to Dez's play, that phrase is for this coming year.

BlindFaith

Reaction score
As usual, you are making things up that has never been in the rule book. I'm just curious, where did you pull this one from?

Really? Just read what you posted again. If you any way, shape or form think that falling is a football move then, well...I just have no words for you.

blindzebra

Reaction score
I will leave it with this.

The written rule in the rule book was the same in 2012, 2013 and 2014. By the same I mean word for word identical in all 3 rule books.

Why does this matter?

Well I keep getting told that the 2012 case book play was wrong because it is 3 years old. It is 3 years old, and the rule in the 2012, 2013 and 2014 rule book is identical. 2 years of rule books with no changes, no point of emphasis, no rewording, nothing...everything exactly the same. You would think that if something changed so drastically that the A-C process had to be done upright and before going to the ground, it would call for at least a foot note? An added sentence? The word upright perhaps?

Nope, nothing.

Leaves only two possibilities:

They are stupid.

The case play was still intended to be used.

DandyDon52

Reaction score
Since you guys are still talking about this lol.
I rewatched it again and the ref said when dez hit the ground the ball came loose, and that meant it was incomplete Mike P.siad same thing , before
the ref came back, that he would overturn it die to ball coming loose on impact with ground.

I then watched it and when dez comes down, the ball moves up over his forearm so at that point he no longer possessed it.
as he rolled over the ball was in the air, and he caught it again, but that means nothing as it was already incomplete.

as for the football move he didnt make one, and he did take 3 steps but it was as he was falling. 1 step was when he landed on that foot , so it that really a step, the 3rd one was as he was almost on the ground and was not really a step.

But the main thing is the ball comes loose as he hits the ground so inc.

jobberone

Kane Ala
Reaction score
Well this has been covered well and served its purpose so we're putting it down.

Some need to temper there remarks and remember this is a family friendly forum.

Thread closed before some get benched which is what they deserved.

Status
Not open for further replies.