The no class Panthers.........

JohnnyTheFox

Achilleslastand
Reaction score
http://sports.yahoo.com/news/10-obs...-carolina-s-over-the-top-photo-000758467.html

At this point it would be dubious at best for anyone to say they haven’t been impressed with what Cam Newton is doing this season. He is dominating at quarterback and is far and away the driving force behind the Panthers' 13-0 record. The slow-motion replay of his 4-yard touchdown pass to tight end Ed Dickson might have made your jaw hit the floor. It might be the most impressive touchdown pass this season. Newton has grown into a special player who is a joy to watch every week.
38-0 win over Atlanta pass without giving his detractors a new moment to grouse about, one that went beyond the typical first-down and touchdown celebrations. While that stuff is a debatable matter of entertainment preference, the Panthers' offense – including Newton – crossed over a line of arrogance with two minutes left in the game against the Falcons. Closing out the blowout, Newton and more than a dozen offensive players gathered to take a celebratory group photo on the sideline.

There shouldn't be any issues with celebrating first downs or scores, but players are clearly showing up an opponent when they start taking group celebration photos before a game has concluded. Doing that is disrespectful, plain and simple. Newton and the coaching staff should have known that. Maybe they did and don’t care. Either way, waiting to take the photo until after the game would have been a classier move.

Hoofbite

Reaction score
The Panthers deserve the blowback they get. They're really cocky. Posing for a team photo during the 2 minute warning, for example. That sort of thing is unnecessary and doesn't really have anything to do with the Cowboys.

Oh, don't act so naive. If Dallas was 12-0 and posing for pictures in a game where they were up 40 on the Commanders, nobody would care.

They're good so people don't like them.

JohnnyTheFox

Achilleslastand
Reaction score
Boohoo...
His D-baggery behavior on Thanksgiving sealed the deal for me. Good or not he needs to show some class and humility. Now here's hoping he breaks a leg these last 3 games.......not literally of course.

Shneek814

Reaction score
You have to be confident to play in the NFL. If you work that hard and get in the endzone, I'd dance too.

Shneek814

Reaction score
You wouldn't say that if he was a cowboy. He is on of the leagues good guy. Don't hate

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Oh, don't act so naive. If Dallas was 12-0 and posing for pictures in a game where they were up 40 on the Commanders, nobody would care.

They're good so people don't like them.

I would most definitely not like it if it were Dallas. But it's not Dallas, so it's irrelevant.

They are a really good team, but that's not why people think they're arrogant. There are other good teams in the league this season, and good undefeated teams in the league for some portion of every season, and they don't all have reputations for being obnoxious like the Panthers do.

Rogah

Reaction score
I don't mind celebrations, but I think Cam, when he scores TD's, needs to start acting a little more like he's been there before (which, of course, he has).

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Cam celebrates when he scores a TD and people complain. Aaron Rodgers celebrates when he scores a TD and he gets an endorsement from State Farm. Double standards are funny.

It's not a double standard. There's a difference in the extent of the celebrating going on. Though I'm not a huge fan of Rodgers' celebrations, either, when he gets more demonstrative.

This isn't anything new in football. There's always been a line between arrogance and celebration. Deion did in in Dallas for years, too, and it was obnoxious then, too. When it starts to look like a taunt, then you know it's going on too far for good taste.

Shneek814

Reaction score
Cam gives a ball to a kid everytime! Why r we hating on athletes like him?

Shneek814

Reaction score
If he was a cowboy, you would love him. He's a great dude. Who cares if he dances

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
If he was a cowboy, you would love him. He's a great dude. Who cares if he dances

If he were a Cowboy, he'd still be a hot dog. I'd love the scoring, but if we're talking about the issue he had with the Titans where he was accused of taunting them, I wouldn't love that.

SkinsandTerps

Commanders Forever
Reaction score
Cam actually is a really nice guy. Off the field he is low key and stays out of the spotlight.
I think that is a good thing.
Hardy during his expulsion, was out at the clubs, rocking it out buying rounds for the whole place...I never saw Cam in the club.

So what he celebrates. I am of the side that says...you don't want me to celebrate, stop me from scoring.
As the other poster stated, he intentionally gives footballs to children, to the point he pushed an adults hand out of the way so he could hand it to the kid.