The O.J. Simpson Trial

Aikmaniac

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
I know a cop that was taking a criminology course and their case file was the Simpson case. There was so much evidence that never got presented by the prosecution and the DA screwed up by moving the case downtown...O J's peers were not lower middle class, with little to no education which is what the jury turned out to be.

This guy said that the luminol tests on his Bronco lit up like a Christmas tree, there was blood everywhere both his and both victims. There was an empty swiss army knife box in his bathroom. The disguise, 7k in cash, and his suicide note that was all but saying I did it never came into evidence because the idiot prosecutors thought it would add sympathy for Simpson.

Never knew the prosecutors decided against presenting the suicide note. Maybe they were thinking that the mountain of evidence in-hand was enough. I just came across an interview with Det. Lange (one of the first on the scene) said that he's seen cases with convictions that has 10% of the evidence they had gathered.

Just goes to show that the Dream Team saw the weaknesses of the prosecution and decided to go the "planted evidence" route. Seems similar to the Avery case.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
The only color that matters in our legal system is green. People with money can get off even when they are guilty, poor people can get found guilty even if they are innocent.

So explain why Bernie Madoff is rotting in prison.

blindzebra

Reaction score
So explain why Bernie Madoff is rotting in prison.

Obviously the word CAN escaped you.

Not to leave out the fact that the entire system is now about winning the case, which is not the intended role of prosecutor and defense. Both should be there for the truth to come out. Prosecutors should not be withholding things that could point to innocence and the defense is not intended to create doubt at any cost but to ensure that the trial is fair.

Last edited:

JD_KaPow

jimnabby
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I had no preconceived opinion of OJ's guilt or innocents before the verdict and I accept the verdict. Likewise, I have no preconceived opinion about Bill Cosby. Civil unrest happens when people do not accept the verdict, so we have what we have. Too many today no longer believe in constitutional law or the concept of due process.
Well, there's the concept of due process, and then there's whether you believe that the system that exists actually meets the demands of due process. I don't think we see much civil unrest in this country simply because people don't like verdicts. It happens when people come to believe that due process isn't actually being applied to everyone equally, as it should be.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
I don't think OJ did it himself, but he well could have had it done. The prosecution screwed the pooch. When you have the man that invented DNA evidence examination say "something isn't right" and the lead detective plead the fifth when asked if he planted evidence, you should lose the case.

It all pointed to OJ his size 12 footprint was left in the blood of the victims at the crime scene. He denied owning a pair of Bruno Magli shoes which are the shoes that left the footprint. In the civil trial they showed a video deposition (that was shown on 20/20 a few weeks ago) with him being shown several pictures of him wearing those Bruno Magli shoes that he denied owning and when he saw the pictures his eyes popped out of his head. He continued to deny those were his shoes even though he was wearing them. o_O

He was asked if the coat and tie he was wearing in all those photo's were his and he confirmed they were but kept denying the shoes were his. The evidence that pointed to OJ committing the crimes was overwhelming! He had the victims blood in his Bronco and at his residence. He had to answer to all of it during the civil trial and he couldn't explain how any of that blood got there. He committed those murders and every piece of evidence pointed directly to him.

http://www.people.com/article/oj-simpson-reaction-photo-bruno-magli-shoes-deposition-tapes

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Here's a couple of poor quality pics I took of OJ and Nicole Brown at the Leonard/Hearns fight at Caesars Palace in Vegas in Sept of 1981. They were sitting in front of me with Kareem Abdul Jabbar. You can barely make them out to Kareem's right in the second photo. The pics came out so poorly I almost tossed them away but glad I kept them. I get the creeps every time I look at the first photo because that was probably the position both were in when OJ took the knife to her throat.

http://i465.***BLOCKED***/albums/rr16/KJJ100/IMG_1188_zps3gtod10h.jpg

http://i465.***BLOCKED***/albums/rr16/KJJ100/IMG_1187_zpswjpwgyro.jpg

Manwiththeplan

Reaction score
One of those cases where the evidence, especially DNA evidence, pointed to one man but folks were looking for a reason to acquit and they got it from the glove debacle and Mark Fuhrman who may have been the biggest goat of them all. That case and trial split the country right down racial lines and that's all I'm going to say about that for not going too far down that path although it's hard to talk about the OJ trial and keep race completely out of it.

DNA evidence then really didn't mean the same as it does today. Don't get me wrong, DNA is DNA, but your average person really didn't understand the near infallible nature of DNA evidence as they do today.

Dodger12

Reaction score
That case didn't spit the country down racial lines, it only revealed the split that already existed and still exists to this day.

Maybe....but if it existed, the case certainly added fuel to the fire for both sides.

Dodger12

Reaction score
I had no preconceived opinion of OJ's guilt or innocents before the verdict and I accept the verdict. Likewise, I have no preconceived opinion about Bill Cosby. Civil unrest happens when people do not accept the verdict, so we have what we have. Too many today no longer believe in constitutional law or the concept of due process.

I wonder if you felt the same way about the officers who beat Rodney King to a pulp. I bet you were standing on the podium defending their due process and accepted that verdict as well.....

As for me, they beat the man and I disagreed with that verdict, just like I did OJ's.

StarBoyz83

Reaction score
I was so young when this happened and I Remember watching it in school. I saw the show that was one a while ago about the trial. I didn't realize how much evidence there was against him.

Dodger12

Reaction score
DNA evidence then really didn't mean the same as it does today. Don't get me wrong, DNA is DNA, but your average person really didn't understand the near infallible nature of DNA evidence as they do today.

I don't know Man.....I think people understood it but the verdict was as much about the "rage" and sending a message about the system than it was about guilt or innocense.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
I didn't realize how much evidence there was against him.

With all the evidence against OJ it should have been a slam dunk conviction. Heard one attorney say he never saw so much evidence against someone who ended up getting off. The fact that OJ was on the run with a gun to his head ready to blow his brains out shows how guilty he was. That's not something an innocent person does.

Blake

Reaction score
So you are another that can be counted as a non believer in the U S Constitution and due process?

GIvGZ3.jpg

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
Maybe....but if it existed, the case certainly added fuel to the fire for both sides.

It was a drop in a bucket, IMHO. Those flames have been burning for decades and still flares up to this day. #BLM

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
I wonder if you felt the same way about the officers who beat Rodney King to a pulp. I bet you were standing on the podium defending their due process and accepted that verdict as well.....

As for me, they beat the man and I disagreed with that verdict, just like I did OJ's.

I didn't see what happen before King got beat so I didn't jump to conclusions like the rest of the country.

Blake

Reaction score
I guess you missed the question mark in my sentence. I was asking a question, not jumping to conclusions.

Your question implied an already preconceived notion, thereby making it a conclusion

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
Your question implied an already preconceived notion, thereby making it a conclusion

As the author of the question, I can tell you there was no conclusion intended thus the only jumping was done by you.