BREAKING NEWS **********The Official Dak Prescott Injury Thread **********

PUSHfold

Reaction score
So it was just a fracture and dislocation? Isn't that great news considering how gruesome it looked? I'm obviously not a doctor but I didn't see anything about torn ligaments, etc.

Reactions: BAT

Radiashun

Reaction score

I can buy this if we're talking about a backup linebacker fighting for 2 years at $6 mil instead 2 years at $4 mil when there's next year's draft picks coming to compete for his job. But not wanting to sign for 5 years as the 2nd or 3rd highest paid player in history because the market will change during that contract is hard to sympathize with. If you are going to make $5 mil less than maybe possible in that last year while also raking in endorsements in maybe THE most high profile role in sports, that seems like something you should be willing to live with.

PUSHfold

Reaction score
Torn ligaments are pretty much guaranteed.
Ah **** I should've read more...the post I saw just said dislocation and fracture. Should've read more of the thread.

Alright alright no more questions from me, I just should've spent 5 minutes watching a video.
Don't be too hard on me it's almost 12am and I'm freakin tired.
Watching his injury earlier really stressed me out. I could almost feel it happening to me. Was brutal.

Last edited:

Radiashun

Reaction score
Ah **** I should've read more...the post I saw just said dislocation and fracture. Should've read more of the thread.

Alright alright no more questions from me, I just should've spent 5 minutes watching a video.
Watching his injury earlier really stressed me out. I could almost feel it happening to me. Was brutal.
Looks like a couple of the more credible experts who people posted links to said there's no reason if all goes well that he shouldn't be working out within at least 6 months. Then again, only the surgeon and those very close to the situation know EXACTLY what Dak's situation is/was.

Bobhaze

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Dak is the heart of this team- the leader and the most respected player inside that locker room. Sick for for him but with his character and class, I expect him back strong next season.

I’m really sad about this injury.

lukin2006

Reaction score
All these injuries happening in the NFL is on the shoulders of Goodall and the owners...football player need proper off season workouts and conditioning...

With that said. Dak's injury had nothing to do with proper workouts...just unfortunate. I just feel bad for so many other players out...

Radiashun

Reaction score
All these injuries happening in the NFL is on the shoulders of Goodall and the owners...football player need proper off season workouts and conditioning...

With that said. Dak's injury had nothing to do with proper workouts...just unfortunate. I just feel bad for so many other players out...
I'm not a big fan of the owners or especially the commissioner , but there's not much else they could do, particularly this year.

They HAD to make an effort to combat concussions.
The NFLPA regularly fights to limit hitting in practice and any kind of contact drills.
And this year, the pandemic.

TheCoolFan

Reaction score
He will have every opportunity to return and play at a high level. QB is the one position in sports where having great mobility is a strength but not everything. If he can heal, get through the rehab/therapy, and still be an accurate passer, he will be fine. This isn't like a RB/WR/DB/LB having this injury where you have to constantly run and use agility.

Although it looked bad, he still has his arm and an upper body/arm injury would have been worse for him long-term. Cam Newton has had some injuries and surgeries related to his throwing shoulder over the years and arguably hasn't been the same as a passer. Same with Andrew Luck and his shoulder injury that eventually made him retire.

windward

NFL Historian
Reaction score
Biggest issue now is that infection risk is minimized post op and eventually becomes a non issue. Then we re-sign him and see him in 2021.

ChuckA1

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

I think the seriousness of it is that it was a compound fracture, not just a fracture.