BREAKING NEWS **********The Official Dak Prescott Injury Thread **********

catiii

Reaction score
I'm just wondering if there are any statistics on how many more injuries have occurred due to artificial turf compared to natural turf. I hope Dak heals well and is able to get back on the field. My ACL tear kept me from karate for the rest of my life. Let's hope Dak can come back. Texas stadium felt like concrete with a thin layer of carpet and no padding. I've never been an artificial turf lover.

NumOneQB

Reaction score
I wish him well and hope the young man recovers. I had a severe ankle sprain in my youth that took me years to fully recover from. Luckily, I was fully healed before my senior year in high school and before my college football career started. I know how difficult a severe ankle injury is to come back from. The biggest plus is the fact he’ll have the best doctors in the world at his fingertips. Crossing my fingers for him...

MysteryIceGuro

Reaction score
Worried about ligaments and tendons now, as well as possible nerve damage and the blood vessels. If anything is wrong with those...things could go awry. But again, he has access to amazing doctors.

GORICO

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Oh no, I am sure there are the usuals on here that if not posting it they are silently happy.
Already told off 2 idiot friends about it from text. One now trying to apologize, and I am not having it.
The other, really was not bad about it, but he will get a dig in soon knowing his track record.

jazz- - i want to say winning fixes everything...but not sure we going to see a lot of that this year?

SFloridaCowboy

Reaction score
Comment: "I'm obviously not a doctor but I didn't see anything about torn ligaments, etc."
Answer: By definition, a dislocated joint involves disrupted, torn ligaments and more

Blackrain

Reaction score
Very sad day in Cowboy Nation . Dak is truly a fine young man and this was tough to watch happen . I am in hopes that his teammates stay vigilant and rally around him to help with his recovery as this has to be a top 3 depressing moment for him and he will need their help for a speedy recovery mentally and physically .

Cowboyny

Reaction score
This is a terrible injury, for a man who has dealt with a lot of person tradegy. I wish Dak a speedy, full recovery, but we all need to look at the facts, he may never take another snap again in this league. This is how bad this injury is, there is no guarantee he will ever return. I am betting on he will do everything in his power to make it back. Also, don't worry about him not accepting a long-term deal, he most likely took out an insurance policy just in case of injury.

Doc50

Original Fan
Reaction score
Immediate surgery could mean artery issues. That's bad!! Let's hope not!!

it was urgent surgery due to the compound fracture (bone protruding through the skin). This greatly heightens the risk for infection, which could include the bone (osteomyelitis) and possibly end his career.

The other limiting complication would be osteochondrosis, which is complete full-thickness separation of articular cartilage from the bone. This is what ended Leary's career. Dak's surgery reportedly went well, though, and there has been no indication of any such complication.

The foot and ankle should be 90-95% next year, then 99% after that.

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
it was urgent surgery due to the compound fracture (bone protruding through the skin). This greatly heightens the risk for infection, which could include the bone (osteomyelitis) and possibly end his career.

The other limiting complication would be osteochondrosis, which is complete full-thickness separation of articular cartilage from the bone. This is what ended Leary's career. Dak's surgery reportedly went well, though, and there has been no indication of any such complication.

The foot and ankle should be 90-95% next year, then 99% after that.
Thanks doc!! Great info. I had a reconstruction of my ankle in 1985 where they took muscle from my leg, drilled three holes in my ankle and then tied it together. First of it's kind that worked. I wonder if they still do that?

zenmastersauce

Reaction score
This is why Dak should have fought for his money.......you and probably JJ ready to move on. Jerry did him wrong.
Nah, I want him to stay. I think we should stick with him for as long as he wants to be a cowboy. But thinking about JJ, i dont know if he has that same mindset. Thats my concern.

MysteryIceGuro

Reaction score
Nah, I want him to stay. I think we should stick with him for as long as he wants to be a cowboy. But thinking about JJ, i dont know if he has that same mindset. Thats my concern.

We talking about the same JJ? The same JJ that kept the same red-headed son as HC? The same JJ that kept people such as Randy Gregory, David Irving, Zeke, and Dez on his team despite their behavioral problems and even suspensions? The guy that brought in the dangerous Greg Hardy, and Aldon Smith, who's been out the game for years?

JJ is very empathetic, almost to a fault. That's one thing that many criticize him about. He gets too close to his players. But here, it might pay off. There's no doubt in my mind he's going to try his hardest to bring him back. It's just the matter of, how will Dak and his agent see this? No doubt, there's going to be some bumps on the road, but I don't think he's gonna let Dak go anywhere...

CWR

Reaction score
This is why Dak should have fought for his money.......you and probably JJ ready to move on. Jerry did him wrong.

Not really, the sticking point was Dak wanting 4 years not 5. If anything JJ wanted him here even longer. At least that was the word.