BREAKING NEWS **********The Official Dak Prescott Injury Thread **********

Bowdown27

Reaction score
If Sucks to see an injury like this in general but to have it happen to a great kid. Who’s lost his brother and mother. Dealing with mental health issues and now this. Kid has to have a strong heart to get through it all. I hope he comes back with a vengeance.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Lets watch how now the posts will start praising the Wide Receivers as if they are all Pro Bowlers if Dalton has any success

Before this, they were referred to as trash thatDakota had to put up with
Nobody did such thing everyone regarded this receiving group as one of the bright spots on this team......you just making **** up to create a narrative that no one even mentioned lol.

Big_C_KU

Reaction score
The good thing for Dak is while he’s capable of running the ball, he’s more than shown he capable passing from the pocket. A severe leg injury won’t have the impact it would have on a player like Lamar Jackson or what it had on Robert Griffin because Dak is capable from throwing from the pocket with success 90% of the time. He may struggle when he comes back with accuracy because of the injury but have full confidence he’ll return to pre-injury level after a year or 2.

superonyx

Reaction score
That sounds like a long road ahead. Looks like we're rebuilding the next couple of years.
I don't see this as a few year injury.
They say bones are better than ligaments and tendons. Bones just about always heal. The medical professionals know what needs to be done. I would not be surprised if he is walking the sidelines by the end of the season.

SFloridaCowboy

Reaction score
DAK'S SERIOUS INJURY, MULTIPLE
This was a dislocated ankle. It means the ligaments which hold the ankle bone known as the talus -- and the lower parts of the tibia and fibula, the long bones from the knee down, are torn badly, allowing the whole ankle joint to be disrupted. In addition, the reports are Dak has a compound fracture. Which bone is not mentioned, but essentualy it means the bone broke so badly it went through the skin with bone showing.

Some of these injuries are so severe that arteries are interrupted, so an emergency evalaution is required.

Repairs are normaly conducted with hardware. Internal fixation refers to the method of physically reconnecting the bones. This might involve screws, plates, rods, wires, or nails that the ortho surgeon places inside the bones to fix them in the correct place. This prevents the bones from healing abnormally.

Once the operation is over, he should no longer feel any excruciating pain. They will make sure he has good blood flow to the foot.

As Dak is young, he should heal well, and with a great rehab staff, restore himself for all spring practices. An Achilles tendon tear is more of a threat to a player's longevity than fractures.

I wish Dak great success with surgery and a speedy recovery. By next year, the team should have some more defensive talent which can take the pressure off of him.

Bigdog

Reaction score

Exactly what the doctor told me but I was fortunate that I did not have to a have rod in my wrist to attach it to my arm. The doctor did tell me that if the bones were not healing correctly they would have to go back in to put a rod in. Thank god they were. Rehab was long and tough but Dak has better medical personnel than I had and he is a better athlete also. And also probably a better person. I wish him all best in the world and a speedy recovery.

Bigdog

Reaction score
Here is a video explaining the injury. Dak is just nuts as it looks like he tries to snap his ankle back in on his own. Wow.

That is so true what he says at the end is hopefully he gets help with the mental health also. I am sure the Cowboys will provide this for him also.