*** The Official Garrett Watch Thread ***

Fontaine

Reaction score
Any chance Garrett gets kicked upstairs? Anyway Jerry finally has seen the light and is willing to get a GM and Garrett is the guy? He is essentially family, maybe he would be comfortable giving it to some like him. Far fetched I know but just throwing it out there.

This is what I’ve always thought, except not the GM position, that’ll be Stephen at some point. Just some made up BS adviser role.

blueblood70

Reaction score
I hear on NFL LIve that latest rumor is Jerry has cleared a lot of his schedule that he had with interviews with TV and radio tomorrow..

My bet its to have a pressor around the same time we typically have one on Tuesday around 10..im sure he wants tp avoid the mess on black Monday firing news day and have it more to himself..sounds believable to me..

its happening , so no rush..but we are all sitting on the edge of our seats because iof that stupid twitter release the staff was all let go..

john van brocklin

Captain Comeback
Reaction score
Any chance Garrett gets kicked upstairs? Anyway Jerry finally has seen the light and is willing to get a GM and Garrett is the guy? He is essentially family, maybe he would be comfortable giving it to some like him. Far fetched I know but just throwing it out there.
Makes sense in Jerry world

stinkface

Reaction score
Jason may know what skeleton's Jerry has in his closet. Stranger crap has happened. This could be the horse in the bed scenario.

Zordon

Reaction score
He’s 77. His “hand has never cramped writing a check.” I think he’s willing to do anything, especially since they probably know that the Giants are contenders for him. Time is ticking and if Jerry wants someone to come in and change the culture right away, it’s Rhule or Meyer.

I think there is something to those earlier rumors that the entire coaching staff is fired. Rhule won’t take a job without full control of the staff. He has been more open to NFL jobs publicly than Meyer or Riley. A lot of smoke right now.
I hope you're right I just don't think he's willing to pay it for a low key hire like Rhule. Meyer, yes.

Aven8

Reaction score
It’s funny watching the mindset of this board. I have said all along that Jerry is on the fence about moving on from Garrett. I still think that is the case.

A majority keep telling me there is NO CHANCE Garrett stays. Those same people are worried why this is taking so long, because they are afraid Jerry will keep Jason.

If you are SO CONFIDENT Garrett’s firing is a done deal, why are you so worried?

Who knows what Jerry will do. I can tell you, it will NOT be easy for Jerry to move on from Garrett emotionally.

Jerry moved on from Ware and Romo too. He has Stephen to help with that.