*** The Official Garrett Watch Thread ***

sideon

Reaction score
Honestly it won’t surprise me if Garrett is extended and they announce that they are going to change up the coordinators. If that’s the case I will be happy if they get rid of Rod and Richard. Also the Special Teams guys needs to be gone like yesterday. Maybe bring in a guy like Kubiak.
That's a defeated attitude, they've gotten rid of coordinators before and nothing has changed. It sounds like you're just settling for the idea that Garrett will be back, and you want to make the best of a bad situation.

bysbox1

Reaction score
Honestly it won’t surprise me if Garrett is extended and they announce that they are going to change up the coordinators. If that’s the case I will be happy if they get rid of Rod and Richard. Also the Special Teams guys needs to be gone like yesterday. Maybe bring in a guy like Kubiak.

This is how I see it. If Jerry was going to keep Garrett he would have proclaimed Garett was his coach like he did 3 years ago. I think Jerry is mourning this like a death or divorce. Add to that the fact that his head coach in training experiment failed and the emotional investment Jerry has in the Garrett family.

My fear is Jerry tries to get cute and retain him in a front office position. As someone said earlier Stephen Jones is now CEO so I could see them trying to move Garrett into a President of Player Personnel role. I don’t really know how to feel about that but it would probably make Jerry feel better about letting him go as head coach.

MysteryIceGuro

Reaction score

This is exactly what I’m talking about. Holding onto Garrett hurts us. We haven’t even put in a damn interview. What are we gonna do when everyone we want is snatched up? I know Jerry “has a plan” according to some here, but what if that coach doesn’t want to deal with Jerry? If it is a playoff team, wouldn’t that be tampering? We are in one of the worst case scenario right now...

phildadon86

Reaction score
This is exactly what I’m talking about. Holding onto Garrett hurts us. We haven’t even put in a damn interview. What are we gonna do when everyone we want is snatched up? I know Jerry “has a plan” according to some here, but what if that coach doesn’t want to deal with Jerry? If it is a playoff team, wouldn’t that be tampering? We are in one of the worst case scenario right now...
You really are new to this arent you? You keep proving this. Greg Roman cant be contacted right now. So Garrett being held onto currently doesnt hurt us in the slightest.

maryquality

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
47 pages in on the "garrett watch thread", and still no word. Hmm....how many more pages till something happens. LOL

MysteryIceGuro

Reaction score
You really are new to this arent you? You keep proving this. Greg Roman cant be contacted right now. So Garrett being held onto currently doesnt hurt us in the slightest.

That’s not my point though. I’m not just talking about Roman. What about Rhule? Meyer? Riley? Anyone else? Even Carolina has put in a request to meet with the OC of the Chiefs and they are in the playoffs. We haven’t contacted ANYONE. Our window is closing on getting a coach we want. All because Jerry can’t let go of his mistress. Can we put in at least one interview to give us even a spark of hope? Like I said, Jerry May have a plan, but the longer he waits, the more likely it is that his initial plan fails (that is to say if he even has a plan). What if the Browns snag Meyer? Giants snag Rhule? Carolina gets Riley or something like that? What will our plan be?

phildadon86

Reaction score
That’s not my point though. I’m not just talking about Roman. What about Rhule? Meyer? Riley? Anyone else? Even Carolina has put in a request to meet with the OC of the Chiefs and they are in the playoffs. We haven’t contacted ANYONE. Our window is closing on getting a coach we want. All because Jerry can’t let go of his mistress. Can we put in at least one interview to give us even a spark of hope? Like I said, Jerry May have a plan, but the longer he waits, the more likely it is that his initial plan fails (that is to say if he even has a plan).
Putting in a request is one thing. Rhule is still with Baylor too. There is no rush. To what? Get Mike McCarthy? lol. If Urban is coming its already been done. So there is no need to rush. Jerry literally winked yesterday saying he knows the plan. So we wait. Jerry will announce it tomorrow when its a slow news day.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
I had a dream. The four Jones' took a vote. Jerry and Charlotte voted to keep Garrett, Stephen and Jerry Jr voted to let Garrett go. Guess who broke the tie. Garrett gets his extension.