*** The Official Garrett Watch Thread ***

rnr_honeybadger

Reaction score
Honestly it won’t surprise me if Garrett is extended and they announce that they are going to change up the coordinators. If that’s the case I will be happy if they get rid of Rod and Richard. Also the Special Teams guys needs to be gone like yesterday. Maybe bring in a guy like Kubiak.

CrownCowboy

Reaction score
I have beer on ice. Of course it’s going to flow for New Years but I’d love to start before noon in celebration of this frauds firing.

I’ll just start now I reckon.

Common Sense

Reaction score
Honestly it won’t surprise me if Garrett is extended and they announce that they are going to change up the coordinators. If that’s the case I will be happy if they get rid of Rod and Richard. Also the Special Teams guys needs to be gone like yesterday. Maybe bring in a guy like Kubiak.

I'm kinda coming around to this idea, although I don't love it. If the Zimmer rumors are true, it would be interesting to see if Kubiak would come with him or if Minnesota would do something crazy like just promote Kubiak to HC.

Zman5

Reaction score
I think Celine Dion is being flown in for a live rendition of “My Heart Will Go On”

Or Post Malone for a live rendition of "Goodbye". His dad works for the Cowboys and he's a fan.

"There's no way I can save you (save you)
'Cause I need to be saved, too
I'm no good at goodbyes"

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
If Jerry gives up 5% control to Garrett, it would be worth keeping him around. Jerry can not run a team no matter how hard he tries.

Jerry needs to hire JG to be his consigliere.

Sarek

Povar
Reaction score
I'm hoping whatever happens that it happens today. If Garrett is coming back, well id like to know now so i can start planning some mini vacation/trips/adventures for next fall/winter.

There's no way i will watch every game next season with Garrett coaching. I'm thinking missing 4 to 6 games sounds about right. Baby steps.

Chocolate Lab

Run-loving Dino
Reaction score
I wouldn't be surprised if Jerry didn't offer him some kind of front office position and is giving Jason time to think about it, to see if any other team would be interested in him first, etc.

I also wouldn't be surprised if Jason, being the master Jerry manipulator he is, knows that the longer he stalls this, the more the sting from a terrible season dissipates and the more likely he is to talk Jerry into keeping him as coach.

Jason has always done his best work not anywhere near a football field, but in the back rooms working his politics and persuasion.