*** The Official Garrett Watch Thread ***

glimmerman

Reaction score
maybe due to a "system glitch" Garrett kept being paid a check for the last 7 years and Jerry is simply demoting him to the basement at the star? lol
I just am starting to wonder. Heck the deadskins already have a new HC and DC. I am wondering if he isn’t cleaning the whole staff and leaving JG with a new staff. I would rather JJ make him the GM so JJ can keep running everything and let JG take the blame if he continues to fail.

Rayman70

Reaction score
I just am starting to wonder. Heck the deadskins already have a new HC and DC. I am wondering if he isn’t cleaning the whole staff and leaving JG with a new staff. I would rather JJ make him the GM so JJ can keep running everything and let JG take the blame if he continues to fail.
REALITY IS, we don't know. My hunch is Jerry is simply waiting on a HC they wanna speak to...and they are framing the Garrett departure for public consumption. Think optics. That's all that is going on.

mardwin

Reaction score
REALITY IS, we don't know. My hunch is Jerry is simply waiting on a HC they wanna speak to...and they are framing the Garrett departure for public consumption. Think optics. That's all that is going on.

Optics are bad if Jerry is prolonging Garrett's departure. There's nothing to gain from having all these unnecessary meetings if the front office is ready to move in a different direction.

Rayman70

Reaction score
Optics are bad if Jerry is prolonging Garrett's departure. There's nothing to gain from having all these unnecessary meetings if the front office is ready to move in a different direction.
oh I agree. But looking at it from Jerrys mind..he thinks he is playing it cool and pulling the wool over our eyes. Remember..he thinks he is a football guy, so he wants to frame this dumpster fire just so. He never will get it.

Montanalo

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
I really hope that, as the next few days unfold, we find that Jerry (despite being Jerry) was following some sort of master plan, that these seemingly useless and time-wasting meetings had an overall purpose, that there truly is hope for an improved football team and that this isn't just business as usual for the Joneses.

No I am note being sarcastic, nor am I being flippant - I just would really like to see a change for the better... and, what better time to do that than New Year's day.

Last edited:

glimmerman

Reaction score
I wonder if JJ will make a drunken speech.

Rayman70

Reaction score
I really hope that, as the next few days unfold, we find that Jerry (despite being Jerry) was following some sort of master plan, that these seemingly useless and time-wasting meetings had an overall purpose, that there truly is hope for an improved football team and that this isn't just business as usual for the Joneses.

No I am note being sarcastic, nor am I being flippant - I just would really like to seen a change for the better... and, what better time to do that than New Year's day.
Jerry is surrounded by 99% yes men. But even HE has a small handful of folks in his sphere that tell him the truth that he trusts. That said, it doesn't mean he will listen. He is hard headed as HELL.

Valkyr

Reaction score
He's waiting for Romeo Crennel or some other guy who would be happy to have a job.

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
How about for the new year posters stop calling out other posters for being "fake fans", "fair weather fans", or any other chit like that.

I am trying to read through this thread for info on Garrett and instead I have to wade through post after post of how this person is a fake fan and that person is "disloyal" and then a diatribe of how this poster or that poster is the best fan that ever existed, ect…

Seriously, we dont need to hear your dribble of how much better of a fan you are over somebody else, nobody cares so just shut the hell up!

giphy.gif