*** The Official Garrett Watch Thread ***

MetalMike

Reaction score
This is the most ridiculous firing/resigning I've ever seen. Somehow it seems to fit that Jerry Jones is the puppet master behind it all. Will it finally be ok to announce that Garrett is gone 6 months after we hire a new head coach?

glimmerman

Reaction score
Garrett had 4 or 5 years of calling plays and running the offense. He was horrid at it. That road has been driven before.

But what this confirms is what was plainly obvious and that some on here denied:

-Garrett fought giving up play calling
-Jones made the decision to demote Garrett
-Handing the play calling to guys like Callahan, Linehan, Moore was Jerry's decision and not Garretts
-Promoting Moore was what Jerry wanted and not what Garrett wanted.

Garrett originally had full control of the offense and it was systematically taken away from him due to poor performance.
The worst part for me was once that happened he couldn’t even make game time adjustments. Poor clock management at times. Conservative approaches that cost us games. So basically he couldnt perform HC duties either. It will be interesting to see how much want there is for him as a HC or even OC around the league. He should have taken the FO job and still might of JJ leaves the door open.

Plankton

Reaction score

giphy.gif

bysbox1

Reaction score
What is verified? Its being reported all over the place everywhere. No one has denied anything either. Its over.

ESPN would have run with it as hard if it wasn't a reliable source. Like others have said the information probably came from the SJ or JJ themselves.

Reactions: CWR

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
This is the most ridiculous firing/resigning I've ever seen. Somehow it seems to fit that Jerry Jones is the puppet master behind it all. Will it finally be ok to announce that Garrett is gone 6 months after we hire a new head coach?

It's ridiculous in part because WE...are sitting here hitting the post button every 30 seconds about it. We could all just relax for a couple weeks or so and go do something constructive.