*** The Official Garrett Watch Thread ***

glimmerman

Reaction score
My bet is that Steven tipped him off and gave him the scoop...……..This is not the type of story you run with unless you get the goods first hand.
That’s what I was thinking. It’s a little disrespectful to JG. But I heard SJ has wanted him gone. I don’t think this means SJ is taking over but he is having some influence.

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
That’s what I was thinking. It’s a little disrespectful to JG. But I heard SJ has wanted him gone. I don’t think this means SJ is taking over but he is having some influence.

Jerry might think of Garrett as his adopted son, but Steven dam sure doesn't think of Garrett as his step brother.

With rumors going around of Garrett being named GM, a title that Jerry has not even given to his biological children, Steven was like "Oh hell no, this aint happening". Time for Garrett to go, let me text Werder real quick.

:laugh:

glimmerman

Reaction score
Jerry might think of Garrett as his adopted son, but Steven dam sure doesn't think of Garrett as his step brother.

With rumors going around of Garrett being named GM, a title that Jerry has not even given to his biological children, Steven was like "Oh hell no, this aint happening". Time for Garrett to go, let me text Werder real quick.

:laugh:
Yeah he thought of JG as family. But the actual family don’t buy into it because it’s getting into there pockets. I think SJ is ready to take the helm but as long as dad is around it ain’t happening. He will always step in and do what he wants. I think if it was up to SJ they would hire McClay as GM and roll. And if we did then I can think of 2-5 years we could have went to the SB with real HC.

CalPolyTechnique

Reaction score
awkward-2.gif

o_O

It's A Miricle! :clap:

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
So werder is the only one that had news on it and everyone is reporting it and rolling with it. Boy he better be right.

It has been reported that Garrett begged for his job. That he took no accountability whatsoever and basically blamed Jerry for NOT allowing him to call plays and putting the play calling in the hands of promoting Moore. He begged for another season with himself calling plays.

phildadon86

Reaction score
It has been reported that Garrett begged for his job. That he took no accountability whatsoever and basically blamed Jerry for NOT allowing him to call plays and putting the play calling in the hands of promoting Moore. He begged for another season with himself calling plays.
yeah because his play calling was so amazing after Sparano left. Guy is a loser. Thru and thru.

Silly

Reaction score
Just curious. Is garrett having interviews with other teams for head coach position?

glimmerman

Reaction score
If I was JG I wouldn’t have begged but I see what he is saying. When he told JJ all this he had to know it was true because JJ has control of all this. He is basically asking for normal HC control. JJ said NO. How’s that gonna work with the next HC.

AmericanCowboy

Reaction score

He begged! Like a dog!

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
If I was JG I wouldn’t have begged but I see what he is saying. When he told JJ all this he had to know it was true because JJ has control of all this. He is basically asking for normal HC control. JJ said NO. How’s that gonna work with the next HC.

Garrett had 4 or 5 years of calling plays and running the offense. He was horrid at it. That road has been driven before.

But what this confirms is what was plainly obvious and that some on here denied:

-Garrett fought giving up play calling
-Jones made the decision to demote Garrett
-Handing the play calling to guys like Callahan, Linehan, Moore was Jerry's decision and not Garretts
-Promoting Moore was what Jerry wanted and not what Garrett wanted.

Garrett originally had full control of the offense and it was systematically taken away from him due to poor performance.