*** The Official Garrett Watch Thread ***

CB61

Reaction score
I seriously doubt Jerry makes an announcement today he's still taking it all in as he said he would as we all know Jerry Jones does what he says he's gonna!! LOL

MysteryIceGuro

Reaction score
no way should jerry wait that long. I don't think it is even necessary. Simply be worded to say that "we thank JG for his service as his contract expires on January 14th, so we are currently looking for his replacement" as they go ahead and get a new HC now.

This. We will severely screw ourselves if we wait that damn long. That’s why I’m confused as to why so many people are content with waiting for his “contract to expire”. All the good coaches and outlooks will be snatched up. We’ll be left with McCarthy, Fisher, Marvin Lewis, etc. It also shows that this team isn’t serious about changing at all. Giants, Commanders, Browns, etc have cut ties with the HC’s. Time for us to do the same.

LandryFan

Proud Native Texan, USMC-1972-79, USN-1983-2000
Reaction score
Hes meeting with Jerry, not meeting with Jerry. Whats going on here? Seriously. And why is a guy that isnt going to be HC doing exit interviews? Looks like he is staying. I am done.
He's probably doing the exit interviews because, technically (until 1/14), he's still HC and there is nobody else to do them. Just my guess, of course. I wouldn't read anything into that. I think people are just spun up because they were misled into thinking that JJ had told everybody that their services were no longer required. Obviously, he hasn't done that. JG is outta here, we just have to be patient for it to become official.

Last edited:

Gaede

Reaction score
Seems odd that they would let Garrett do exit interviews

This is exactly like other seasons that we were sure Garrett would be fired.

We waited with bated breath for word only to realize that it was business as usual for the Joneses.

Sheffielder74UK

Reaction score
Got to hope that the meeting with Jerry is delayed because Jerry is trying to tie up
His replacement. If the panthers are after his man he might need to work hard this afternoon

Kingofholland

Reaction score
There’s nothing really funny about that statement. I’ve been predicting that since last year. Jerry will let his contract run out and offer him a front office position. No painful separation and Garrett saves face as well. If he wants to pursue coaching elsewhere, Jerry will give him his blessing and tell him a front office job is waiting for him whenever he wants it.

Well the comical part is no one knows what it will be as a head coach, front office contributor, etc. as it drags out until the 14th. I always said VP of culture :), whatever that is.

LandryFan

Proud Native Texan, USMC-1972-79, USN-1983-2000
Reaction score
My bad.....I didn’t read through all of them! And the only reason that made me think about it, is we interviewed Rivera for that purpose before Wade I believe.
Trust me, I wasn't trying to get onto you...I'm the one who made a pretty dumb statement, and now I'll pay the price with a lot of replies telling me that I'm wrong. It's kind of ironic, though, because the only other time in my life that I've been wrong was when I thought I was wrong, but actually wasn't. :D

conner01

Reaction score
Jason is going to be gone
Jerry is depressed because he’s spent two decades grooming the great one, and failed
Give him a minute to morn and have some Johnny Walker
It will happen soon enough

PA Cowboy Fan

Reaction score
This. We will severely screw ourselves if we wait that damn long. That’s why I’m confused as to why so many people are content with waiting for his “contract to expire”. All the good coaches and outlooks will be snatched up. We’ll be left with McCarthy, Fisher, Marvin Lewis, etc. It also shows that this team isn’t serious about changing at all. Giants, Commanders, Browns, etc have cut ties with the HC’s. Time for us to do the same.
They're probably be picked up too.

Cowboys22

Reaction score
I have faith. If they were keeping him, they would have announced it instead of letting him twist in the wind like this. They are likely looking at many different scenarios and having discussions with several different representatives. They may want the blessing of a new coach to keep Garrett in the front office. Who knows. What I do know is this is not how you treat a coach you have decided to re-sign to a new deal.

Sarge

Red, White and Brew...
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Not looking good on the whole 'firing Garrett' front.
Garrett is not getting fired! He's just not going to be resigned. Those waiting for a "Garretts fired" tweet are gonna be waiting a loooooong time.

Roadtrip635

Reaction score
You're probably right on this. Top story in the news while America is eating dinner. lol He's waiting for everyone to get home from work.

Jerry is always marketing the brand, even when terminating a coach. Building the anticipation and making sure all eyes are on his brand............. This is the way