FEATURED *** The Official New Head Coach Speculation Thread ***

ConstantReboot

Reaction score
Well, he would be a Rooney Rule candidate for one, I guess.

The only real reason I can think of is that they are married to this "Seattle" philosophy and he had exposure to it under Carroll.

People are losing their minds over the 49ers D this year, but it was not consistently dominant. They fell way off at the end of the year.

If you want a strong DC candidate, then take Martindale who at least had a consistent season. He also is rumored to want to bring coaches like Joe Brady and/or Dave Aranda with him. That sounds a lot more attractive to me.

Don't look now, but Martindale is headed to the Giants for an interview. I would hate for them to get him.

Bobhaze

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I think this coaching hire is going to be a lot like draft day: pet cats ignored, and plenty of head-scratching when the announcement is made. :popcorn:
This is exactly what I believe.

Bobhaze

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
People still think Jerry is going after the hot coordinators - Bienemy, Saleh, Roman, etc..

Those guys are about as likely to be the next Cowboys coach as I am.
Most Cowboys fans forget that Jerry doesn’t think like any normal GM, nor does he think FIRST about who helps us win. THE FIRST order of importance is Jerry’s comfort which explains the near decade with Garrett.

Gaede

Reaction score
Most Cowboys fans forget that Jerry doesn’t think like any normal GM, nor does he think FIRST about who helps us win. THE FIRST order of importance is Jerry’s comfort which explains the near decade with Garrett.

Exactly. In the SI article about Lewis, the authors mention how Stephen and Marvin have spent a lot of time together on the competition committee. That's literally all it takes to 'fit' in Dallas - are you friendly/compliant enough to get along with the Joneses?

TonyS

Reaction score
mcarthy HC, lewis DC. maybe we can pull a Commanders lol
With the current narrative of Jason fighting for his job, I could see Jerry trying to pull something like this off. Jeepers!

_sturt_

Reaction score
As someone who loves to watch media people shovel down the crow, there will be some saving grace if Red remains head coach from where I sit.

There is special kind of arrogance when they act like they know something, yet they know and we know they really don't or it would have already been reported.

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
JG - HC
McCarthy - OC
Lewis - DC

That has Jerry Move™ written all over it. :muttley:

tenor.gif

_sturt_

Reaction score
I don't really care.

Just let the HC be the HC. Really be the HC. No more Jerry control over that element in any way. Back to the Jimmy days... away from dysfunction.

cern

Reaction score
Many will disagree, but I think the hire will be more about stephen's thoughts about what is needed than Jerry's . It is Stephen and mcclay who put this team together. Stephen first called the coaching unacceptable following the 4-12 disaster of 2015. Now he can wipe the slate clean and start over

lockster

Reaction score
Whats worse than the head coach we have? The head coach we are going to get!!! O this makes me sick. !

cowboy_ron

You Can't Fix Stupid
Reaction score
For all intents and purposes we can probably scratch Matt Ruble off the list.

He hates the recruiting aspects of college so a jump to the NFL appears imminent. He covers the Giants job plus he is from that area. He is scheduled for an interview on Tuesday so that may be a match.