FEATURED *** The Official New Head Coach Speculation Thread ***

MikeB80

Reaction score
matt rhule is meeting with carolina monday and the giants tuesday.

garyo1954

Reaction score
Bill Bellichick isn't leaving his man cave with the 80" smart TV, PS4, and VR headset to be Jerry's DOOFUS!

ColoradoCowboy

Reaction score
I put this in a previous thread, but it was immediately buried by an avalanche of posts. I think that it is worth saying again.

As most fans, I've been thinking a fair amount about WHO should be our Head Coach. Here are my thoughts:

- Defensive minded. Focused on toughness and takeaways. To me, this has been our Achilles heel for a L-O-N-G time. Fix this and a lot of problems take care of themselves.
- Demands discipline and accountability. Remove the feeling of entitlement from this team.
- NFL experience. The NFL is a grind unlike College. It chews people up. I want someone that understands what is needed at this level.
- Has a record of winning and/or excellence at the NFL level.
- strong personality and confidence. Honestly, it's the Cowboys. Milquetoast personalities won't work out here very well.
- No ego. Ah, the Jerry factor. It's sad, but also true.
- would be willing to take the Head Coach job after all of the media circus.
- Is available to interview and be hired.
- Not a name that is being floated in other vacancies. Jerry does NOT like to lose and if the guy that he wants is in play elsewhere, he would be moving faster.

Honestly, I really wasn't coming up with much and then it hit me: Gregg Williams.
He ticks all the boxes and worked for Sean Payton, whom Jerry reportedly loves.

DasTex

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
What if Jerry is conducting these interviews just to say they tried and JG is still the best option for this team? There has to be a reason he hasn't been let go.

glimmerman

Reaction score
How long will we give the new HC before we want him to be fired and hate him.

glimmerman

Reaction score
They are already hated and wanted to be fire amongst about 3/4 of the people here.

“I cannot believe they hired ______! I am no longer a fan! I wanted this guy at HC, Riley at OC and Saleh at DC!”
If we lose opening day the hate is on.