FEATURED *** The Official New Head Coach Speculation Thread ***

SacredStar

Reaction score
I'm a little surprised MM is even interested. I think he is a very good coach but I didn't think he would entertain an offer from a team like Dallas where he will have very little control over coaching and player selections.

MysteryIceGuro

Reaction score
I'm a little surprised MM is even interested. I think he is a very good coach but I didn't think he would entertain an offer from a team like Dallas where he will have very little control over coaching and player selections.

He’s unemployed. Loves football. He’d probably take any opportunity he could get.

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
He’s unemployed. Loves football. He’d probably take any opportunity he could get.

Exactly.........I watched the video posted in one of these threads about this think tank and the dude was talking about getting another opportunity and he started crying because he missed it so bad.

Felt sorry for him, I hope he gets another opportunity either here or with another team. Seems like a good dude that loves football.

cowboyec

Reaction score
he must like the roster...especially the QB,RB & COOOOOOOOOOOOOP.

MysteryIceGuro

Reaction score
Lots of chatter

Honestly, I think Marvin at DC, OC with Riley, and HC with McCarthy is best. Riley is an offensive genius and QB whisperer, but fails badly at defense and has no NFL experience. McCarthy has the NFL experience we’re looking for, has been in many playoffs and has a SB under his belt, and can lead a team. I’m a little shaky on Marvin as I don’t know much about him, but I’ve heard chatter about him being a good defensive mind. Those 3 combined could lead us to victory...

Floatyworm

The Labeled One
Reaction score
I find it kind of strange how people who complain about McCarthy only winning one Super Bowl in Green Bay with Rodgers and Favre and don't like him because of that. Yet, Sean Payton is so beloved around here and only has 1 championship with Drew freakin' Brees. I'm not hating on Payton because I'm a big fan of his, but it's weird to hear the complaints on McCarthy when Payton has pretty much done the same. McCarthy wouldn't be my first choice, but I would be fine with him as a head coach. The guy has had success in this league and you can't deny his resume is really good, regardless if he's had Rodgers.

Rodgers was always changing the plays....and why it worked for so long. Then McCarthy started to get irked because Rodgers changed the plays all the time....hence the divorce in GB. I don't want to see that kind of power struggle here.

Floatyworm

The Labeled One
Reaction score
Honestly, I think Marvin at DC, OC with Riley, and HC with McCarthy is best. Riley is an offensive genius and QB whisperer, but fails badly at defense and has no NFL experience. McCarthy has the NFL experience we’re looking for, has been in many playoffs and has a SB under his belt, and can lead a team. I’m a little shaky on Marvin as I don’t know much about him, but I’ve heard chatter about him being a good defensive mind. Those 3 combined could lead us to victory...

Honestly...I'd be interested to see who Urban Meyer had in mind for his defensive coordinator. That's the key hire....we are set on offense. :rolleyes: